The 10 Thai provinces where less than 50% of people have been vaccinated

webfact

7pm.jpg

File photo

TNN quoted a Ministry of Health official as saying that 89 million doses of vaccine against Covid-19 had now gone into the arms of people in Thailand. 

And it was revealed which ten provinces had not reached even a 50% figure of first dose vaccination among its residents.

They are:

Nakhon Phanom

Nong Bualamphu

Sakon Nakhon

Bung Kan

Kalasin

Yasothon

Surin

Roi-Et

All these are in the north east of the country.

The others are Mae Hong Son in the north and Samut Sakhon in the central region.

Thailand is conducting a push to make sure that 100 million doses are completed by national father's day, December 5th, with measures being undertaken to get particularly hesitant people jabbed. 

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-24

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

4 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Since I spend most of my time in Isaan—I can tell you why so many Provinces have low vaccination rates.  Up until about one week ago, these people had only SinoVac as a first shot.  And up until about six weeks ago, they were offered only SinoVac for both shots.  It doesn’t take a rocket scientists to understand the government tried to use up SinoVac on the Isaan people. They worried only about the "tourism provinces".

..... may I add: and other REMOTE Provinces; i.e. Mae Hong Son!  I, as a falang, was excluded at all. If I would have needed  the vaccine/s urgently, I had to go to the private hospitals in Chiang Mai (4 hours by car! and CM a dark red zone).

Now it's changing  (I guess, after  an "overwhelming" delivery of better and redundant vaccines).

Today I had a nice talk with the young and open minded director of our amphoe hospital.

Edited by puck2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Since I spend most of my time in Isaan—I can tell you why so many Provinces have low vaccination rates.  Up until about one week ago, these people had only SinoVac as a first shot.  And up until about six weeks ago, they were offered only SinoVac for both shots.  It doesn’t take a rocket scientists to understand the government tried to use up SinoVac on the Isaan people.

Also, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that 2 Sinovac are much better than nothing.

Besides, the statistics is up to date and refers to first jab, while you say they stopped offering Sinovac 6 weeks ago. Plenty of time to get a first shot.

So while you may be right that the gov't tried to offload Sinovac to Isaan, the fact remains that quite possibly many people there believe more in amulets and lottery numbers than in science.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

So while you may be right that the gov't tried to offload Sinovac to Isaan, the fact remains that quite possibly many people there believe more in amulets and lottery numbers than in science.

Fact or possibly?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

How strange that it is only provinces located in Isaan, that has been left out. Just cement the fact of human value and how they look upon it.

All the people I know in the Isaan don't want AstraZeneca or Sinovac. They want Pfizer!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, meauwnam said:

All the people I know in the Isaan don't want AstraZeneca or Sinovac. They want Pfizer!

Oh, so you are saying it´s special people and it´s their own fault? Or how should I understand such an intelligent post from a person that apparently knows half of the Isaan population?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Confused why do we all call it a vaccine when it is not, it is gene therapy mRNA in trial stages. It doesn’t stop you from getting the flu nor does it stop you from spreading the flu. Gibraltar 100% all faxed yet they are the highest with the flu same as Israel. Anyone 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, rbkk said:

So, this is confirmation that resources were sent to other provinces first. Evidenced by Buriram not being on the list as it received special treatment.

Yep. Secrets and unspoken things. 

Would there be influential MPs or Ministers from old Buriram?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Since I spend most of my time in Isaan—I can tell you why so many Provinces have low vaccination rates.  Up until about one week ago, these people had only SinoVac as a first shot.  And up until about six weeks ago, they were offered only SinoVac for both shots.  It doesn’t take a rocket scientists to understand the government tried to use up SinoVac on the Isaan people.

No that is incorrect.  Try to look past the China hating and it will be clear to you.  I am in Isaan and since July the vax has been first shot Sinovac followed by AZ as second.  For the last 2 months or more its been AZ  for 1st and second.  Over 60's such as myself and those with ailments such as my wife with diabetes, have been both AZ starting from 6 July which is the date promised by the govt.  They havnt been using Sinovac for a while here.

15 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

There are at least some western countries (including Australia) that accept both Chinese vaccines for entry without quarantine. 

If I absolutely had to get vaxed it would be one of those old style vaccines. 

There are over 50 countries that accept 2 jabs of Sinovac now including the UK, Australia and the USA.  

16 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

I live near Yasothon and I've had 2 Pfizer jabs and my wife 1 Sinovac and 1 AZ.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

I live near Yasothon and I've had 2 Pfizer jabs and my wife 1 Sinovac and 1 AZ.

In our province, it has recently changed to AZ then Pfizer.  Since we have prepaid 4 doses of Moderna—we continue to wait.  And yes, I got my Pfizer shots in Sept.  Wife won’t risk the AZ/Pfizer mix.

My good friend, a girl from northern Isan, received the first Sinovac vaccine in October.  She received an injection from Astra Zeneca last week.  And on January 18, she was assigned an injection of Pfizer...

A somewhat strange mix of vaccines.  Moreover, after each injection, my friend loses a week of her life due to severe headache, fever and fainting ...

Edited by Farangus
  • Sad 1