People waiting for paid mRNA vaccines asked to get free Pfizer jabs at state facilities

webfact

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If people could not see this coming they must have problems spotting the sun rising every day !

The price for 2 Moderna shots is less than $100 and the queue number just arrived today so I can transfer the shots to someone else.

Do you really get yourself worked into such a tizzy over an amount that wouldn't get you a high-end buffet dinner for 2 in Bangkok?

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2021 at 1:42 PM, webfact said:

to cancel their bookings and get free jabs of Pfizer vaccine at state vaccination facilities

Obvuously you better first get your free jab and then cancel your booking. Not the other way around. Your word is not so reliable...

• Haha 1

I got Pfizer shot 1 on 27th Sept and shot 2 on 18th Oct at Bangkok Hospital in Khon Kaen for free, but you had to register at the hospital and it was for foreigners only and it was limited numbers available and since then, nothing. What I will do with the 2 Moderna shots is go in April and have 1 booster shot and then go again in October and have the other as a booster shot if needed. I've had both my paid for Moderna shots that way unless they decide that you must have your 2 shots in a short period of time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

Forgive me for saying so, but I think that's nonsense. What he says is true in my experience. I got all my vaccination availability info via either this forum, way back in May for the Sinovac, ditto for the Moderna booking, or, in the case of the AstraZaneca booster, via a chance conversation with a very nice Thai woman who happened to know there was a program of mass vaccination starting at the indoor sports stadium in Pattaya, walk in, open to all.

More recently, I have noticed more info coming from central government, ie the MoPH, on government initiatives. But as for private hospitals, unless you're signed up with them, follow their FB pages, download their apps, send them regular SMS, you'd never know they even had a Vax program.

What's sad about this, Chris.B?

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 2:28 PM, 4MyEgo said:

This is an attempt to disgrace the private hospital consortium that ordered the vaccines while this government was playing besties with China.

Or just don't want to be showed up by what the Private Hospitals do best.

Order medicines and vaccines.

Anutin has to be one of the most hated men in Thailand.

Completely inept.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, recom273 said:

Sad.

You think I am making excuses for Anutin and this pathetic government?

Sorry, it wasn’t fb. I spoke to the wife, she has friend who is the or-sor-mor which is like the village health rep, who informed her via LINE.

On Monday night I said it was a wild goose chase, and was pretty surprised when the wife returned yesterday with an arm of the vaccine of her choice. 

i guess you are sore that you paid 2-4K upfront and didn’t get it - No refunds, no guarantees How long have you lived in Thailand and didn’t see that coming?

Anyone who is in Khon Kaen and wants an straightforward vaccination, I have nothing more than a location and info that the clinic will be open until 5.00 tomorrow night and then return in a month for new and subsequent jabs. 

Troll .. lol 

There not giving out doses of Moderna or Pfeizer to Thais.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

There not giving out doses of Moderna or Pfeizer to Thais.

Not Moderna, but yes, Thais could chose what they wanted including Pfizer .. the options were as far as I remember, Pfizer x 2, Pfizer + AZ, AZ x2, sinovac x2, sinovac + Pfizer.

Most were taking Pfizer + AZ or Pfizer x2 - Honestly, i have been putting this off for months, I didn’t want to register online, I didn’t want to go to a shopping mall to get jabbed and i didn’t want a row with someone who was forcing me to have a

sino-combo special. Today, i could ride up at 8.00 am, walk 5 steps to the first desk and around the circuit in 45 mins, inc 30 min wait, then across to McD’s for a sausage egg McMuffin. 

Down in Songkhla province it’s mostly Pfizer being given out, no choice. Although some employers pulled strings and got sinopharm at special clinics.

Most of todays crowd were young people, no one wanted sinovac, the sinovac nurse looked really cute under her mask, but she was sitting there doing nothing. 

The local village hospital also had Pfizer, but I wasn't in the right post code. 

Things may have been different a few weeks ago, but things seem to be changing for the better now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, natway09 said:

For once I agree with him.

If you have not had any vaccines at all go & get 2. You should have done so already

Do yourself & the country a favour.

He is talking about Thai citizens, not farangs ( who have had more chances to get good vaccines than Thai citizens). At this time Pfizer is only available in some places in small quantities, but availability in most places won't be until end of the year.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, recom273 said:

Not Moderna, but yes, Thais could chose what they wanted including Pfizer .. the options were as far as I remember, Pfizer x 2, Pfizer + AZ, AZ x2, sinovac x2, sinovac + Pfizer.

Most were taking Pfizer + AZ or Pfizer x2 - Honestly, i have been putting this off for months, I didn’t want to register online, I didn’t want to go to a shopping mall to get jabbed and i didn’t want a row with someone who was forcing me to have a

sino-combo special. Today, i could ride up at 8.00 am, walk 5 steps to the first desk and around the circuit in 45 mins, inc 30 min wait, then across to McD’s for a sausage egg McMuffin. 

Down in Songkhla province it’s mostly Pfizer being given out, no choice. Although some employers pulled strings and got sinopharm at special clinics.

Most of todays crowd were young people, no one wanted sinovac, the sinovac nurse looked really cute under her mask, but she was sitting there doing nothing. 

The local village hospital also had Pfizer, but I wasn't in the right post code. 

Things may have been different a few weeks ago, but things seem to be changing for the better now.

Definitely better than it was a few months ago.

I've got the Pfeizer because of the US donation.

Wife and Grandma are scheduled December 18th for the second Moderna.

Friend in Bangkok has his postponed due to the GPO not delivering enough doses according to the hospital SMS.

Good luck to you!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bradiston said:

What's sad about this, Chris.B?

21 hours ago, recom273 said:

i guess you are sore that you paid 2-4K upfront and didn’t get it - No refunds, no guarantees How long have you lived in Thailand and didn’t see that coming?

No, I was vaccinated with 2 x Pfizer back in September. ????

I expect you haven't heard 1.4 million Moderna are arriving tomorrow at 4.45pm Suvarnabhumi Airport. ???? That is in addition to the 1 million free Moderna which arrived on Tuesday.

19 hours ago, recom273 said:

Hahaha, you must be living in an alternate universe to mine!

7 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Hahaha, you must be living in an alternate universe to mine!

A week ago, I was of the opinion it was all a waste of time to try and get vaccinated with anything other than sinovac, so much, that when the wife wanted to visit the vaccination site I didn’t even bother to take my passport. I told her, when you eventually get to the front they will tell you there is nothing other than sinovac …

to my surprise she vanishes for 45 mins and comes back with her arm full of AZ, as explained numerous times to you, she could have has Pfizer .. along with the rest of the Thai population that visited. When I returned yesterday, people were still getting vaccinated with Pfizer.

So what’s hard to comprehend?

In my area Pfizer and AZ are widely available to all, also in some provinces. In other provinces there is no choice other than Pfizer.

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2021 at 2:22 PM, BritManToo said:

They were certainly available in Chiang Mai in October and November.

I had my second free Pfizer at Promanada last week.

Same Koh Chang, but a lot never bothered to reg with Thaivax or visit the local hospital and register.

16 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

What area is that then? It would be helpful for readers to know?

Have already mentioned in previous posts. 

Pointless, as Oo-foo market, khon kaen was from Tuesday - Friday.

If you live in Hat Yai or Songkhla and you don’t already know where to get vaccinated then you must live in a parallel universe, according to friends they have almost been going door to door. One said that they had a request from his kids school, that he had to get vaccinated and proof submitted in order to prepare for his kid to return to school. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, recom273 said:

Pointless, as Oo-foo market, khon kaen was from Tuesday - Friday.

If you live in Hat Yai or Songkhla and you don’t already know where to get vaccinated then you must live in a parallel universe, according to friends they have almost been going door to door. One said that they had a request from his kids school, that he had to get vaccinated and proof submitted in order to prepare for his kid to return to school. 

You may not understand...that Thailand is big, being approx. 500,000 square km. Khon Kaen forms only a teensie-weensie, little piece of that big country. What happens in Khon Kaen, doesn't mean it is happening everywhere else. 

As for Hat Yai, it is in a border area and the government are trying to fight an outbreak of infection in the area.

5 hours ago, Chris.B said:

You may not understand ... that Thailand is big, being approx. 500,000 square km. Khon Kaen forms only a teensie-weensie, little piece of that big country. What happens in Khon Kaen, doesn't mean it is happening everywhere else. 

As for Hat Yai, it is in a border area and the government are trying to fight an outbreak of infection in the area.

You asked me where Pfizer was available, so as to help others .. I provided the info. I don’t disagree, with that KK is only one province, I have just given you my experience and so far you have replied with single sentence, troll, fake news, in other posts you have suggested vaccines aren’t available...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/24/2021 at 5:09 PM, fdsa said:

may I know the name of even a single facility where Pfizer is freely available? I could even pay for it.

Here on Phuket it's "sorry no double Pfizer, only first Sinovac second Pfizer", and I'm not willing for anything that begins with Sino...

A forum member advised me to check Bangkok Hospital, so I went to "Bangkok Hospital Siriroj" and "Bangkok Hospital Phuket":

- Siriroj: no any vaccines available except Moderna - seems that it's already in stock because the receptionist thought at first that I came for a booked Moderna until I told I need Pfizer only.

- Phuket: no Pfizer available even for 40+ years old (it was available for 40+ yo last month), and they suggested to register on new website "phuket.win". Asking about my old registration on "expatvac" yielded no useful information except "no expatvac, now need to register on phuket.win". Okay I think I'll pass on that.

About "freely available" Pfizers on Phuket - check this topic and especially this post: https://aseannow.com/topic/1232790-pfizer-vaccines-were-freely-available-yesterday-d/?tab=comments#comment-16851538

- I do confirm that Pfizer distribution on Phuket was/is a complete fustercluck, where people had/have to search for information on unofficial groups in Facebook and Telegram chats. I've had another experience which I did not share in that topic: there was once a distribution of Pfizer vaccine among students, and every single person who brought a child for a vaccine got free Pfizer too, regardless of their age (even below 40+ yo) and of their relationship with a student - it could have been a neighbor. After this was found out, the parents of these students rushed to the hospital and got free Pfizers too.

Numerous personal insults and jibes aimed at fellow forum members have been removed from posts in this thread.

Either cease with the insults and snarky comments, or you'll be getting a posting vacation.

You can strongly disagree with other posters' comments, and still remain polite and civil.

20 hours ago, fdsa said:

- Siriroj: no any vaccines available except Moderna - seems that it's already in stock because the receptionist thought at first that I came for a booked Moderna until I told I need Pfizer only.

After I've told that to a friend I've got a wonderful answer: "what? I know a family who got Pfizer there the very same day! And they're registered for the next shot in 2 weeks"

- so the receptionist on the information/registration table doesn't know about the availability of vaccines in that hospital.

Amazing Thailand, the vaccination process here is simply FUBAR.

Edited by fdsa

On 11/26/2021 at 4:41 PM, recom273 said:

So for the benefit of others, could you repost the location?

Is this reference in Khon Kaen province as a whole or the main city?

Wife's mum for example lives in the province but 2 hours drive from the city of Khon Kaen.

Closest hospital would be Chum Phae...so would they for example have access to and vaccinating with Pfizer?

If you do not know then how would one find out..?

Edited by bluejets

On 11/28/2021 at 7:21 AM, bluejets said:

So for the benefit of others, could you repost the location?

Is this reference in Khon Kaen province as a whole or the main city?

Wife's mum for example lives in the province but 2 hours drive from the city of Khon Kaen.

Closest hospital would be Chum Phae...so would they for example have access to and vaccinating with Pfizer?

If you do not know then how would one find out..?

The place was an covered market in Khon Kaen city, “oo-foo” which is on the road a little past makro, near the drive-in McDonald’s. Trouble is, it was there for 4 days and have no idea where they are now.

Im new to Khon Kaen village life, but about 1 hour from your MIL. We found out about this vaccine spot from a village health rep, they are called or-sor-mor, they are quite active in the villages. Thai friends have also had Pfizer jabs in Prayeun hospital, they made it known (to the local health rep) that they intended to travel abroad and sinovac might not be acceptable, they got a call last week.

Sorry, can’t be of too much help, it seems locals have a better idea of what’s going on, word of mouth, LINE or Facebook groups seem more productive than signing up on a government queuing app.