Police will face trouble if caught taking bribes - tourists stopped by traffic cops in Phuket creates stir

webfact

A lot of tourist rent a motorbike using their driving license the police have been onto that for few years, Make sure your license covers you to ride a bike, I think the law also now states you must have an International Driving Permit 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

They were checking both Thais and foreigners on motorcycles for misdemeanors like not wearing helmets or not having a licence. 

It was standard practice, he said.

Now I am wondering why so many people still don't follow the rules if they are checking helmets and driverslicenses..I all those years I should think eveyrbody a=was fined alredy several times, or is it only at a checkpoint now and then that they do the standard practice??? But with more tourists it is easier to earn some money... but who cares.. Let the tourists come in and wonder why there less every time

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

No one carries their passport with them, a photo of your passport page and entry stamp/tourist visa/TM 6 should be enough on your mobile. Original international driving/riding permit, licence driving/riding licence from your country should do it, and the rental agreement.

Make sure the bike is registered and wear a helmet and you will get waved on, simple really.

EDIT: Also a backhander is giving the cop money.

what if im shirtless with nipple piercing will that be frowned upon by the white helmet cops

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, yogi yogi said:

what if im shirtless with nipple piercing will that be frowned upon by the white helmet cops

Try it out and see what happens, maybe he will give your nipple a little squeeze, that or if your wearing a chain with it, ripping the chain off of it.