Famous Quotes by Famous People.

a3tsw

When I was young (and I have it on good authority , that I was once) , we used to play a game called hangman , where you had to find the name of eg. a film , actor , sportsperson or the like , from a number of guesses of the letters in the name.

Another game of a similar nature was charades , which , as far as I know still popular today.

So a variation on a theme here for some amusement this Friday afternoon.

I will kick of with part or all of a famous quote and first to get the correct answer , gets to post up the next quote...

Where only part of a quote is given , then the remainder of the quote , along with the author will constitute the complete answer.

eg. Float like a Butterfly , _____ ____ _ ___.

ans. Sting like a Bee & Muhammed Ali 

here goes!

A nice easy one to get the ball rolling..

Q1) ... "Yes We Can"

Few people in the modern era are worthy of having quotes attributed to them, because virtually none of them/us have had a unique thought in our entire lives. We merely regurgitate and rephrase the writings and philosophies of the ancients.

The descriptor of "quote" in the philosophical sense should only be attributed to something said or written that is of such deep philosophical meaning that future philosophers spend their lifetimes examining the meaning and interpretations of one sentence.

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee or similar - doesn't quite fit the criteria. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Few people in the modern era are worthy of having quotes attributed to them, because virtually none of them/us have had a unique thought in our entire lives. We merely regurgitate and rephrase the writings and philosophies of the ancients.

The descriptor of "quote" in the philosophical sense should only be attributed to something said or written that is of such deep philosophical meaning that future philosophers spend their lifetimes examining the meaning and interpretations of one sentence.

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee or similar - doesn't quite fit the criteria. 

Q2) ...Why so Serious ????️

3 hours ago, a3tsw said:

When I was young (and I have it on good authority , that I was once) , we used to play a game called hangman , where you had to find the name of eg. a film , actor , sportsperson or the like , from a number of guesses of the letters in the name.

Another game of a similar nature was charades , which , as far as I know still popular today.

So a variation on a theme here for some amusement this Friday afternoon.

I will kick of with part or all of a famous quote and first to get the correct answer , gets to post up the next quote...

Where only part of a quote is given , then the remainder of the quote , along with the author will constitute the complete answer.

eg. Float like a Butterfly , _____ ____ _ ___.

ans. Sting like a Bee & Muhammed Ali 

here goes!

A nice easy one to get the ball rolling..

Q1) ... "Yes We Can"

- Barack Obama

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“You’ll learn, as you get older, that rules are made to be broken. Be bold enough to live life on your terms, and never, ever apologize for it. Go against the grain, refuse to conform, take the road less traveled instead of the well-beaten path. Laugh in the face of adversity, and leap before you look. Dance as though EVERYBODY is watching. March to the beat of your own drummer. And stubbornly refuse to fit in.”

2 hours ago, seedy said:

“[I] like the American soldier individually but do not like the nation as a whole. America entered the war for what money she could get out of it.”

—Frau Frieda Fischer of Lohndorf, Germany, 1919

Q4) ... Don't mention the War! ????

1 hour ago, StreetCowboy said:

Basil Fawlty. (John Cleese in Fawlty Towers)

Q5) I'm not!

Jose Mourinho 1st Press interview on joining Chelsea from Porto ... I'm not.... one of the bottle , I sink I am a Special One! 

Edited by a3tsw
adding emoji

8 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Ainchoo a hoot.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, seedy said:

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Nelson Mandela

Hi seedy , the idea of this game is to post the quote , ideally the most memorable part and allow others to try and work out who is supposed to have said/sung it. No points are awarded for answering your own question...????‍♂️????