Twice vaxed, 14-day home quarantine plus 5 antigen tests because co-worker tested positive.... Welcome to the clown show.

Trujillo

2 hours ago, DefaultName said:

If all employees at that restaurant were sent home, it'll be closed.  Would they do that?

Restaurants and shops have been 'randomly closing' on and off all year long. Very little is normally announced (with a couple of notable exceptions) when it happens, but rest assured the closures are 100% due to covid infections among the staff.

I could cite one example in Hua Hin where they posted on their facebook page about the deep clean and subsequent reopening after a staff infection but I won't as they took a lot of flack for doing the right thing by the looks of it.

Most people will not do the right thing, they will find out about the COVID case using an instant test, then cover it up for as long as they can get away with it.

• Like 2

Perhaps (just a guess) the quarantining protocol may, in part, be fueled by the fears of unvaccinated folks coming into contact with transmitters (we now know from an overwhelming data-base that being vaccinated does not prevent transmission), and, if these folks were to contract many thousands of deaths could ensue given such a large proportion of the populace still aren't vaccinated.

3 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

given such a large proportion of the populace still aren't vaccinated.

For LOS - therein lies the Rub

Build all these 'Quarantine' facilities, spend millions if not billions of THB, and yet leave the population unvaccinated.

Insanity.

On 11/27/2021 at 5:46 AM, Dmaxdan said:

When the pandemic first started Thailand's fear of the virus served them well.

Fast forward to today and that fear still abounds and is greatly holding the country back from trying to return to a semi normal life style.

They somehow seem to be clinging to the hope that attaining zero daily infections is still a very realistic target.

If they don't see the light soon it will be too late and the damage their actions and regulations are causing on the economy will be beyond repair.

The put it in layman's terms, they have completely lost the plot.

Precisely, what happened to Prayuth's copycat but very true announcement that we were all going to have to learn to live with the virus?

2 hours ago, seedy said:

So this makes the restaurant safe ?

Absolutely not - I removed the rest of your unrelated waffle.

I was pointing out that restaurants and shops have been randomly closing all year - most of them by force due to infected staff. It spreads like wildfire between staff as they often hand around together and eat together after work.

The reason being that covid is everywhere

On 11/27/2021 at 12:09 PM, Trujillo said:

Remember, she and all the others there are double (fully)-vaccinated (and in the 20s to 30s age group). This protocol (per Central mandate) appears to be more onerous than for unvaccinated people, (and this is not a positive test case; rather, just an incidental, potential contact). 

And by the way, the person who tested positive says that she felt like she had a mild cold. That's all. 

I hardly know what to say...but at the very least, with this kind of hysterical, excessive protocol, don't expect to recover any rational behavior for a very, very long time. 

Wow, and because she is double vaccinated you mean she can go work tomorrow again?
Did you not understand that you can be vaccinated but still get the virus? And infect other? And this people maybe get real sick and die?

That the infected person just got a mild cold is nice for this person, but this not mean that other who she maybe infected get the same mild symptoms. 

Everyone know that staff members take the mask off if no customers in the near. The probability that she was also infected is given. And this is why it gives this rules. 

Just for protect OTHER PEOPLE.

Is it really so difficult to understand this???

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, 2long said:

A virus so deadly that most people need to have a test to know if they have got it or not.

And a vaccine so safe that we are pretty much forced to have it.

Anyone read the local newspaper that can't be named? Today there was a report of three people dying from the vaccine.

I read that report and it didn't say anything like that it did state that

However, it was not clear whether the three cases were directly related to vaccination against Covid-19.

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

The reason being that covid is everywhere

Then get used to it.

You have more chance of dying in traffic on the way to the restaurant than form being infected and dying of covid IN the restaurant.

PS - does the restaurant serve waffles ??? 555

• Like 1

8 hours ago, snowgard said:

If it must be, YES!!! 

For how long ? Covid not going anywhere. Lock them up for a year - EVERYBODY - after that, covid cases.

Lock up the whole world, it ain't going anywhere.

How is this so hard to understand ?

Edited by seedy
  • Like 1

If you think that Austria is strict, try flying to Israel now. Sounds almost impossible unless you

are needed there for an important reason.  The newest Greek O Omicron variant is the reason for the new

restrictions and likely the new lockdowns if it proves to be as deadly as the Delta variant. Pandemic 

continues, in case some people think that it is over. 

We should all just hope that the present vaccines are still effective against this latest variant of COVID.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

and pretending it doesn't exist except as a minor inconvenience (same as colds and flu).

Try telling that to the families of the 5 million plus that have died so far, a figure that would have been far higher under your "ignore it and it will  go away" policy.

We are all aware people die from flu but the numbers are far lower, and we have yet of hear of "long flu".

No doubt in your eyes there is no such thing as "long covid".

When flu was more virulent there was a lot less global movement and it has now had decades to mutate to a much less virulent virus. You and the rest of the world will have to learn to to live with precautions until the covid virus follows the same path.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, seedy said:

Then get used to it.

You have more chance of dying in traffic on the way to the restaurant than form being infected and dying of covid IN the restaurant.

PS - does the restaurant serve waffles ??? 555

However there is more chance of getting food poisoning in a Thai restaurant

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, sandyf said:

Try telling that to the families of the 5 million plus that have died so far, a figure that would have been far higher under your "ignore it and it will  go away" policy.

What do you say to those families who had loved ones die before widespread vaccinations were available?   

And then the vaccinations arrive!  Then - What do you say to the families of those who have double-jabbed, fully vaccinated family members - some of whom may have had boosters as well - who end up dying of Covid?  Again, from the President of the most powerful nation on Earth: 
"You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations"
"If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the ICU unit, and you’re not going to die."

Ok.  I'll accept that as the God's honest truth.  Now explain why vaccinated are getting sick of Covid and are also dying?
Then how does a doctor explain to families of the sick, dying, or those who have passed away in places like Gibraltar where 100% of the population is vaccinated why that is happening?  Why is any fully vaccinated person sick or dying or dead?  The POTUS, head's of state, and their health agencies stay that is an impossibility.  Yet?

I know that is a difficult question for some to comprehend, and it's terribly inconvenient to see it happen, and yet as vaccination rates approach 90 to 100% and fully vaccinated still keep getting sick, ending up in ICU, with some dying - there is no explaining it away. 

• Thanks 2

On 11/29/2021 at 5:25 PM, connda said:

What do you say to those families who had loved ones die before widespread vaccinations were available?

Would you use these words  - " a minor inconvenience"?

The view expressed in the post I responded to.

What do you say to the families of people who die of malnutrition, starve, malaria, plague - oh, I forgot

You say nothing because they are poor

If you are vaxxed, very very good chance you will not die of Covid

If you do - bad luck for you.

Die in a car accident - bad luck for you.

I could go on and on ...

• Like 1

I seem to recollect that when vaccines first came available the message from government was "get vaccinated and you can go back to living your life as normal".

I don't remember anything about one, two or three boosters being necessary, or that the vaccine didn't stop us getting infected.

Is my memory wrong?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I seem to recollect that when vaccines first came available the message from government was "get vaccinated and you can go back to living your life as normal".

I don't remember anything about one, two or three boosters being necessary, or that the vaccine didn't stop us getting infected.

Is my memory wrong?

The original intention appeared to be that the vaccines would actually work like all other vaccines.

They don't. That's the problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Guarantees...  There are none. Stop using this as an excuse.

Wearing a helmet when riding a motorcycle does not guarantee that you will survive a crash. It does, however,  significantly improve your chances of survival.  That IS a proven fact!

Wearing a seat belt when driving a car does not guarantee that you will survive a crash. It does, however, significantly improve your chances of survival.  That, too, IS a proven fact!

The same is true of vaccines.  There is no disputing that fact, and still be considered a rational thinking adult.

There is no need to worry about contracting the virus. Worrying won't help prevent it. But as socially responsible adults, we should be concerned about spreading the virus to others.  Reducing your time spent in crowded places does reduce the chance of spreading the virus if you are infected, and often as not, you won't know you're infected without testing or manifesting overt symptoms.  This does NOT mean hiding away in a closet. It means reducing your time spent in crowded places just for your own amusement.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.  It's that simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1