Twice vaxed, 14-day home quarantine plus 5 antigen tests because co-worker tested positive.... Welcome to the clown show.

Trujillo

Sounds like a very good policy to avoid the spread to co-workers and customers.

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

Remember, she and all the others there are double (fully)-vaccinated (and in the 20s to 30s age group). 

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

And by the way, the person who tested positive says that she felt like she had a mild cold. That's all. 

What do either of these have to do with any of it?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

When the pandemic first started Thailand's fear of the virus served them well.

Fast forward to today and that fear still abounds and is greatly holding the country back from trying to return to a semi normal life style.

They somehow seem to be clinging to the hope that attaining zero daily infections is still a very realistic target.

If they don't see the light soon it will be too late and the damage their actions and regulations are causing on the economy will be beyond repair.

The put it in layman's terms, they have completely lost the plot.

Have you read about Hong Kong's zero Covid policy? There the plot is based on a Greek tragedy, with Chinese characteristics. (21 days quarantine to enter, for permanent residents only; no local cases for months.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Totally different to a scenario I am aware of. Not going to name place but restaurant, 2 staff positive, all staff took ATK which negative, carry on working, test again in five days. I suspect this is going under the radar so as not to lose business, face, customers. I personally know 2 who work there. The above is standard in UK now. Only difference is if you are close contact you have to ATK every day for 7-10 days AFAIA.

Every week, all employees must be tested via antigen test (per Central mandate) even though they are fully vaccinated. 

yes, obviously, because even if vaccinated to can have and transmit the virus. there is still so much lack of understanding about covid, it's scary

• Like 2

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

That is assuming they had any actual plot to follow in the first place.

The continuous change of stance and incompetence makes you feel a blind man being assisted by Marcel Marceau could have performed better.

so let's let the virus rip! will you be volunteering to help dispose of all the bodies? ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Trujillo said:

I hardly know what to say...but at the very least, with this kind of hysterical, excessive protocol, don't expect to recover any rational behavior for a very, very long time. 

COVID has broken the Thai's brains. I don't know if they have an innate fear of viruses or they are simply propagandized and poorly informed but they're acting like COVID was just announced yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 11/27/2021 at 12:46 PM, Dmaxdan said:

When the pandemic first started Thailand's fear of the virus served them well.

Fast forward to today and that fear still abounds and is greatly holding the country back from trying to return to a semi normal life style.

They somehow seem to be clinging to the hope that attaining zero daily infections is still a very realistic target.

If they don't see the light soon it will be too late and the damage their actions and regulations are causing on the economy will be beyond repair.

The put it in layman's terms, they have completely lost the plot.

Remind me, how did the Austrian approach work out?

44 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Remind me, how did the Austrian approach work out?

How did any countries approach work?

Epic fail for them all IMHO, if they'd done nothing I can't see the outcome as being any different.

An island that cuts off all contact from outside forever, and locked everyone in their home for 14 days, might have worked. But anything less extreme than that and I can't see any alternative than living with it, and pretending it doesn't exist except as a minor inconvenience (same as colds and flu).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tonray said:

Turkey not likely going to be turning anyone away these days with a crashing currency and flagging economy

But argue with ol' Recep Tayip and you'll get your hot beats.

Good luck anyway, I've followed your posts for years. 

Sad to see your wisdom and understanding leave SEA, but I can understand the draw of Turkey even without a ham license. You won't get much pork there though555

Keep us up to date ...

Misquoted, my post is aimed more at Simon43 obviously.

Edited by BusyB
Misquoted, my post is aimed more at Simon43 obviously.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How did any countries approach work?

Epic fail for them all IMHO, if they'd done nothing I can't see the outcome as being any different.

An island that cuts off all contact from outside forever, and locked everyone in their home for 14 days, might have worked. But anything less extreme than that and I can't see any alternative than living with it, and pretending it doesn't exist except as a minor inconvenience (same as colds and flu).

Covid-19 is not a minor inconvenience. And yes we have to learn how to live with it. We're still trying. How many deaths. per 1000 of the population do you think is acceptable? How many who can't get treatment in ICU in emergency because it's clogged up with 'anti-vaxxeers' or people who are in the process of orphaning their kids in their 'fight against the vax dictatorship'.

High vax rates, a sensible testing regime and social distancing are the only solution for now if we are ever to get back to a world where social distancing is no longer the norm.

And people who work in public either have to bite the bullet or find a job somewhere else.

My company checks for vaxxed, tested or recovered at the door for everyone who enters.

Yesterday the guard apologized for wanting to compare my ID with my vaxertificate. I said 'no apologies, thanks for asking'.

God what is wrong with these people?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1