Twice vaxed, 14-day home quarantine plus 5 antigen tests because co-worker tested positive.... Welcome to the clown show.

Trujillo

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I seem to recollect that when vaccines first came available the message from government was "get vaccinated and you can go back to living your life as normal".

I don't remember anything about one, two or three boosters being necessary, or that the vaccine didn't stop us getting infected.

Is my memory wrong?

Things change. We learn.

You seem to prefer those who make a decision and stick with it despite new evidence to the contrary, changes in the situation, hell or high water.

Your  memory is ok, your expectations not so much.  Live and learn. 

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

This does NOT mean hiding away in a closet. It means reducing your time spent in crowded places just for your own amusement.

If we are not going to have something resembling a life indefinitely ( next variant on the way, and the one after that, and the one after that- the virus that just keeps on giving? ) what is the point?

Many are not going to hide in their room fearful of the big bad boogie virus- they will, IMO reject the endless government propaganda and vote in a more friendly government. Government by dictat enforced by draconian penalties never works indefinitely.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2021 at 10:00 PM, Tropposurfer said:

Perhaps (just a guess) the quarantining protocol may, in part, be fueled by the fears of unvaccinated folks coming into contact with transmitters (we now know from an overwhelming data-base that being vaccinated does not prevent transmission), and, if these folks were to contract many thousands of deaths could ensue given such a large proportion of the populace still aren't vaccinated.

You don't know that "many thousands of deaths could ensue", as it could be that many never have more than symptoms, and many may never even know they are infected.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

I have done nothing to increase that number, absolutely nothing.

I asked if you were serious about stating that “if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem” very clearly.  Just that.

I am not part of the problem. I have not gotten sick and have not spread the virus to anyone else.  I have never been anywhere near 99.99% of those who died or became sick.

I am not part of the solution because I have done nothing to solve it.  It is not something I can change.  I am not a doctor, politician or social worker.

Your question assumes that I go out for my own amusement, an incorrect assumption from a faulty imagination.

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling / bickering comments removed
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

I am not part of the solution because I have done nothing to solve it.  It is not something I can change.  I am not a doctor, politician or social worker.

One does not need to be a doctor, politician or social worker to be part of the solution. One only needs to be a socially responsible human being. But you say that you are not part of the solution. I accept your statement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

Your partial quote is biased and misleading.  Can’t get above that?

Quote the complete sentence to be responsible.

Did you forget already? You picked one sentence out of my original post to quote and respond to.

Now you're upset that I chose two full sentences? Not part of a sentence. Two complete sentences. I'll even repeat them for you...

[quote:] I am not part of the solution because I have done nothing to solve it.  It is not something I can change.  I am not a doctor, politician or social worker. [quote/]

I'll repeat what I said; One does not need to be a doctor, politician or social worker to be part of the solution. One only needs to be a socially responsible human being.

Edited by FolkGuitar
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Now you're upset that I chose two full sentences?

You persist in making false assumptions.  I am not upset, just amused at your contortions but no longer.  You have gone beyond the limit.

5 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

But you say that you are not part of the solution.

Again, That is your partial quote. Not the two sentences you choose.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

You persist in making false assumptions.  I am not upset, just amused at your contortions but no longer.  You have gone beyond the limit.

Again, That is your partial quote. Not the two sentences you choose.

I've quoted you twice already. Both times with two complete sentences. Direct quotes of what you wrote. Nothing removed, no incomplete sentences, no matter how many times you may wish to say it is. Here they are again, for the third time.

[quote:] I am not part of the solution because I have done nothing to solve it.  It is not something I can change.  I am not a doctor, politician or social worker. [quote/]   Your words. Direct quote.

And my reply to those two complete sentences, again...

One does not need to be a doctor, politician or social worker to be part of the solution. One only needs to be a socially responsible human being.

After three times fully quoting your own words, and you denying them, I'm done.

Have a nice day.

• Haha 1