Siriraj Hospital cautions against renewed Covid outbreaks in December after resurgence in Europe

webfact

Just now, 10baht said:

Do I detect an agenda? From what I am hearing it is the unvaccinated that are causing the problem. And the vaccinated who catch it from them are far far far less sick and not as likely to die or be in hospital.

Along with the fact that the vaccines lose substantial efficacy after 4-6 months. So many countries have not efficiently implemented a 3rd/ booster regime. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

If, I say if I was the leader of a country such as Los, I would go out and test 2 million all across the country to get the real picture then and only then can you set about a plan, forget last year forget this year to date, if you want to no the state of play get out there.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Letseng said:

Austria does not only give 3rd jab to vulnerable but to everybody incl. young ppl. Austria has also started vaccinating kids from 5 yrs onwards.

While infections have soared since Oct.  the lockdown is showing effect i.e. infections are going down. More ppl got vaccinated.

It would be wise if Thailand would continue mandatory PCR test after 16 Dec. ATK tests are not reliable.

Thailand really would be prudent to re-introduce PCR testing instead of ATK for Tourists entering the Country from anywhere on the Planet.

The new Variant " Omicron ", seems to be extremely transmissible from the information that is out there at this present time, and already has reached several Countries in Europe within only 20 Days of being found in S. Africa.

or sure, there will be other Countries that have Omicron already, but due to lack of testing, the Variant has not been found ye, or for other reasons not reported, and with the " Open " Border Thailand has adopted to lure Tourists back, its a Powder Keg waiting to explode IMO..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 10baht said:

Do I detect an agenda? From what I am hearing it is the unvaccinated that are causing the problem. And the vaccinated who catch it from them are far far far less sick and not as likely to die or be in hospital.

yes you have it correct .           

• Like 1

Actually, a lot of people are tired of all these discussions regarding Covid variants, vaccinations and travel restrictions.

The best thing to do is to just ignore it and do your everday routine as usual.

Just watch what happens instead of just debating about it, since we're all ordinary people with apparently no status.

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Letseng said:

Austria does not only give 3rd jab to vulnerable but to everybody incl. young ppl. Austria has also started vaccinating kids from 5 yrs onwards.

What a dream country !

hahaha, even for $1 million I would not go there and live in this open air jail !!!

• Confused 1

On 11/29/2021 at 10:24 AM, Cake Monster said:

Thailand really would be prudent to re-introduce PCR testing instead of ATK for Tourists entering the Country from anywhere on the Planet.

The new Variant " Omicron ", seems to be extremely transmissible from the information that is out there at this present time, and already has reached several Countries in Europe within only 20 Days of being found in S. Africa.

or sure, there will be other Countries that have Omicron already, but due to lack of testing, the Variant has not been found ye, or for other reasons not reported, and with the " Open " Border Thailand has adopted to lure Tourists back, its a Powder Keg waiting to explode IMO..

Reached Europe in 20days…..airlines just stopped flights from South African nations also has Omicon been a dominant variant in Europe.  No.