Why Chinese electric cars are causing a buzz in Thailand

webfact

9 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

So, where are all the charging stations? I would hate to get stuck in traffic half way home and then the batteries die, then have to push it the rest of the way home.

They need to have regular 13 amp plugs on them with a long chord!

6 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

I would really like a ' simple ' electric car without too much electronics . Just charge the batteries and go for something like 2 or 3oo km ...

I do not see a product yet that fits my lifestyle.... owning 2 completely different vehicles is not really suitable. A small electric for those trips in and out of town, shopping, dinner etc... (which is most of my use), but I also need to cover the monthly long haul over 300km loaded up, without worrying about a slowdown over the Khao Yai mountains to visit the relatives. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Electric cars are the way to go . Hydrogen powered fuel cells or standard rechargeable batteries , does not matter as long as the electricity to charge the batteries is produced in a sustainable way .

I would really like a ' simple ' electric car without too much electronics . Just charge the batteries and go for something like 2 or 3oo km ...

Hydrogen is for trucks and long distances ...

Where this car comes from , is not important to me . It's reliability and price , is .

I'd love to be able to generate my own hydrogen at home from renewables and use it to power my home and car. Refueling can be done alot quicker than a recharge too. Hopefully not to long to wait.

• Like 2

I saw one at last year motor show, and i was really impressed.....huge quantity of plastic and/or non metallic parts as the  whole car body. 

Considering the Bangkok road conditions....i don't think that rivets fixing will lasting????

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

I'd love to be able to generate my own hydrogen at home from renewables and use it to power my home and car. Refueling can be done alot quicker than a recharge too. Hopefully not to long to wait.

Making hydrogen is not difficult at all , even though the efficiency is very low . The problem is , hydrogen does not go in your car . Since hydrogen is rather small , the pressure used is a bit on the high side ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_vehicle

350 to 700 bar or in psi for the US 5000 to 10000 psi . A hydrogen compressor delivering that pressure , good luck finding it anywhere at a price less then the price of 2-3 cars .

• Like 1