Cm Immigration - 90 Day Reporting

SoloFlyer

Chaps and Chapettes,

Just realised I gotta report my presence tommorrow. First time for me as its a new type of visa (because of last years' changes).

What do I need to take?

It is correct that you dont have to report at the same place the visa was issued, isn't it???

I don't suppose anyone would want to reveal it if they knew, but is there someone in particular anyone has had good experiences with who might be worth asking to speak to? (not that anything is out of order, just looking for a friendly officer).

Not sure what visa you have but i have an O-A retirement visa and I went for my first 90 day report last week. Just had to fill out a TM47 form which lists your current address. Handed the form and my passport to the immigration office and was out in 10 minutes. Immigration filled out the bottom of the form and attached it to the last page of my passport.

Chaps and Chapettes,

Just realised I gotta report my presence tommorrow. First time for me as its a new type of visa (because of last years' changes).

Congratulations and you will be grateful with how much easier it is now.

What do I need to take?

Passport is obvious and if you have beein issed a Work Permit take that as well. If the visa and WP are a paired issue they will sometimes check to see that the WP is valid and current.

They may have given you a white form which you can fill in and submit. If not you just do it there. Note: the Name and details on the form must be in ENGLISH even if you can write it in Thai.

It is correct that you dont have to report at the same place the visa was issued, isn't it???

Not sure I understand your question. If you mean do you have to go back to the country it was issued then the answer is no. If you mean do you go back to the same building in CM immigration then the answer is no, it is in the small house on the left hand side as you come into the car park. Same place you go for Residency certs etc.

I don't suppose anyone would want to reveal it if they knew, but is there someone in particular anyone has had good experiences with who might be worth asking to speak to? (not that anything is out of order, just looking for a friendly officer).

Not necessay, I have found that if you turn up neat and clean, smile and say hello (at least) in Thai they are very helpful. The ones on the other side are inundated by hordes of often rude and ignorant farund so the immigration staff there tend to be more abrupt and less helpful.

fyi in reality you don't actually have to personally go there to do the three month renewal. However I always do just in case.

CB

Not sure what visa you have but i have an O-A retirement visa and I went for my first 90 day report last week. Just had to fill out a TM47 form which lists your current address. Handed the form and my passport to the immigration office and was out in 10 minutes. Immigration filled out the bottom of the form and attached it to the last page of my passport.

My experience has always' been the same as above (4 years now). Also 9 times out of 10 the counter is staffed by University Students who help with forms, due an initial check and then take it to an Immigration Officer for approval. Seldom deal with the Officer's themselves except to say "Sawasdee".

My experience has always' been the same as above (4 years now). Also 9 times out of 10 the counter is staffed by University Students who help with forms, due an initial check and then take it to an Immigration Officer for approval. Seldom deal with the Officer's themselves except to say "Sawasdee".

Did mine today - total time in and out was less than 10minutes. Hand in form with passport. chat to the girls in Thai, get back new form, say thankyou and went back to work.

The other farung here sends his in with the driver and doesn't even come in but I prefer to do it myself just in case there is a problem. Never has yet (touch wood)

CB

Thanks for all the promising answers.

CB: visa issued in BKK, and although everyone tells me you can report anywhere, I thought I'd ask just to be safe.

Does it matter where your current addresss is - vis a vis the last time you reported; and, any proof needed?

Thanks again.

Thanks for all the promising answers.

CB: visa issued in BKK, and although everyone tells me you can report anywhere, I thought I'd ask just to be safe.

Does it matter where your current addresss is - vis a vis the last time you reported; and, any proof needed?

Thanks again.

Jeez, sounds like a lot of people on the forum are doing their 90 day check in! I'm going tomorrow Thurs., or Fri. (last day).

As CB stated, go to left side building. All that is required is your passport, a completed TM47 form (which you can do there in 2 minutes; I bring mine pre-filled out- ask for extra when you leave each time), and dress neatly. 10 minutes tops.

As for your changed residence (visa/extension issued in BKK, etc.) I don't think it makes any difference. Just fill out your new address on the form.

Maybe see you there tomorrow or Friday, and Good Luck! :o

McG

All non immigrant-yearly visa holders need to report every 90 days, unless they leave the country in the mean time, in which case they must report 90 days after they arrive back.

There is a substantial daily fine for late reporting.

All non immigrant-yearly visa holders need to report every 90 days, unless they leave the country in the mean time, in which case they must report 90 days after they arrive back.

The number, 2000 baht/day pops into my head. Not sure if thats right but it's not the same fine as overstaying your visa. The 90 day report fine is a lot stiffer.

hmmm, in 4 1/2 years I've never done a 90 day report. I wonder if was supposed to. No sense starting now. Hasn't seemed to bother anyone. I have Investors Visa, which visas need to report?

Yeah, I thought the same thing after 14 years of not reporting. Got caught out a few weeks ago when I went in to get my annual 1-year work extension. The immigration officer though just pointed it out and had me go next door to do it. Paid 2000 Baht and a stamp showing it in my passport now. :o

And the reporting is for those who are here more then 90 days continuous, usually on 1-year extensions.

Current fine is 500Baht per day to a maximum of 20,000Baht - the maximum is fortunate for guys like Tywais else he would be paying for their new extension or the replacement for the commanders Mercedes :D

lemme see 14 years works out as 14x365x500=2,555,000 Baht

:o

CB

Edited by Crow Boy

Current fine is 500Baht per day to a maximum of 20,000Baht - the maximum is fortunate for guys like Tywais else he would be paying for their new extension or the replacement for the commanders Mercedes :D

:o

CB

Last time I was there, I was advised that they have stopped the 20K maximum. There is now no maximum, so it is truly better not to forget. The price of a couple of cars or a reasonable house is nothing to sniff at!

If you have never reported, they have the option to let you off. (If you act like an @rsehole, you can be assured they won't.). Once you report the first time, you are regarded as knowing what to do, so no leniency thereafter.

Actually that is the fine for overstay (500Baht/day). I know a Brit at the uni that hasn't done it for more then 20 years (reporting), and that was a few years ago. Don't know if he is doing it now since he changed universities. I think we both felt the same, working for the Thai government and never changed address, didn't see the point. And, yes I know - it's the law. :o

From the immigration website:

"If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht. "

I have now installed a reminder program on my computer that alerts me 7 days before my reporting is due or else will most likely forget.

"If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht. "

I stand collected!

thanks heaps guys. Will do it early this arvo and report back this evening (if nothing comes up by midday tommorrow, someone might wanna come lookin?!?!?!)

If any thing holds you up it will be the uni girls in their cute black skirts. :o

I'll be making a trip out of the country later this month. So on my return will airport immigration attach a paper with a 90 day date for the next reporting, or is it all to be worked out by sigting through entry stamps?

I'll be making a trip out of the country later this month. So on my return will airport immigration attach a paper with a 90 day date for the next reporting, or is it all to be worked out by sigting through entry stamps?

It all depends what you have. Do you have the multi-entry option on your (I assume) non-imm cat O ?.

If you don't, you will need to apply prior to departure from Thailand for a re-entry permit.

Otherwise your visa goes bye-bye, and you will be back to a 30 day tourist VOA (visa on arrival) on your return.

Better clarify this before you leave..... :o

I'm curious... I have a non-O single entry and have just finished the process to have it extended to one year for my job at an NGO. I am told to report in July where my 1 month extension will be extended to one year (provided that Bangkok approves it - apparently). I know that the Bangkok part is true as I've heard it before but from people's experience, does it really take 1 month?

Thanks

I'm curious... I have a non-O single entry and have just finished the process to have it extended to one year for my job at an NGO. I am told to report in July where my 1 month extension will be extended to one year (provided that Bangkok approves it - apparently). I know that the Bangkok part is true as I've heard it before but from people's experience, does it really take 1 month?

Thanks

Yes because they will leave it on the pile with the others and do it on teh morning you have the appointment. Make sure you don't lose the receipt becuase that is the only way you will get the passport back from them and is proof that you actually have one in the rare case of being told to produce your ID.

It is not unusual to be issued a one month visa and told to report to the office after the time it has expired. You are ok because the receipt is valid for the time difference.

CB

Whoops - a misunderstanding here. Thai bureau-crazy requires 1 month to think about giving you a viza. During this time you have a stamp in your passport, (which you keep with you,) telling you to return on a given date. Not one day before - or after. This is the date they require.

When you return on that date, they will frequently give you another stamp in your passport telling you to return on another set date in another 30 days. Same rules apply.

After the bureau-crazy has had its fun, you will receive your yearly visa, back dated to run from the date you applied.

In the past this has taken up to three months for me.

Note. You must still register every 90 days in the building opposite - different department.

Even if you visit the visa issuing department every 30 days for six months, you are out of line if you do not make the short treck across the car park ti fill in your 90 day form every 90 days. You will be fined accordingly, as I found out to my cost one year.....

I went the entire 2nd year of extention without reporting once, because they stamped me for a year and never told me I had to! Went over several other times too before leaving the country (with a re-entry visa), and nobody's ever bothered to check. After 4 or 5 years of extending now I still have only those first 3 90-day check-in forms stapled in the back! :o

For two years, I only had visas that required me to leave Thailand every 90 days. I fulfilled the residency reporting by coming back into the country each time. When I got my O retiremement visa extension in Hua Hin, the man kindly informed me of both requirements: reentry permit, and 90 day reporting.

I am now in Moscow, and will return to BKK in two days, where my arrival will include a statement of where I'll be staying. That means the next report is 90 days in the future, not the same schedule that I had when I left Thailand.

One way or the other (filling out the form at the nearest Immigration Police station, or by leaving and reentering the kingdom), you notify immigration of your address, at least every 90 days.