Bacterial blood infection

PoorSucker

If it is a bacterial blood infection that's some serious stuff, did the doc do blood cultures?  I'm surprised you weren't admitted to the hospital and started on IV antibiotics.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

So after 5 days getting worse and started to have lung problems I took a Covid test and it was negative, instead I was diagnosed with bacterial blood infection. 

Ok Covid test was negative. So what other tests did the doctor/hospital do to determine which antibiotic to give you?

At least antibiotic resistance has been invented here.

As others have said, a bacterial infection in the blood is serious and would normally require IV antibitoics and hospital admission.

This all sounds quiet strange to me. Can you please describe your symptoms, what tests were performed,  and also what doctor this is.

Is it possible that they did a blood test (CBC) and based on results concluded you have a bacterial infection and you misunderstood and though this meant a bacterial infection in the blood?

(In the meantime do take the medication given...but you may  need other treatments)

• Like 2

Thinking it over - my best guess is that what went on is:

OP has some sort of bug, which includes respiratory symptoms and has gone on for a while. COVID test was negative. Doctor then did a blood count (CBC) to help distinguish between viral and bacterial cause. Results indicated bacterial and antibiotics were prescribed. When told the blood test results indicated bacterial infection, OP misunderstood that to mean he had a bacterial blood infection.

OP could that be it? When they say blood test shows bacterial infection they are referring to elevations in  white blood cell count which occur whenever there is a bacterial infection anywhere in the body. It does not mean there is a bacterial blood infection, that would be accompanied by very severe illness, signs of shock and would be diagnosed not by a normal blood test but by a blood culture, and you'd be in the hospital.

• Like 2

It was this small STD clinic that helped me.

The infection started under the foreskin after some rough sex.

Got more gooe and then bleeding all all the foreskin. Now it has spread to my lungs and throat, can hardly eat my medicine. 

But feeling better after the first two pills.

20211203_151341.jpg

22 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Got more gooe and then bleeding all all the foreskin. Now it has spread to my lungs and throat, can hardly eat my medicine. 

20211203_151341.jpg

MoxiClav ain't that good an antibiotic.

Slightly more effective than Amoxicillin, but not by much.

If all you've got is cellulitis it'll probably fix it as it's good for minor skin infections.

Cellulitis is also more serious in people with a lowered immune system.

My best pal died of AIDs, first symptoms were odd skin problems/infections.

Next signs were breathing problems and a serious lung infection (after which he was diagnosed as HIV+). 

Final problem was sepsis which killed him a year later.

When did you last have an HIV test?

Edited by BritManToo

3 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

20211203_151341.jpg

I cannot think of anything that would have begun as you describe then spread to the respiratory tract.

More likely 2 separate things. There is a respiratory bug going around. 

The medication prescribed makes sense for the infection of penis/foreskin. 

For your throat I suggest you pick up some redoxan (effervescent Vit C & zinc tablets you dissolve in water and drink) and take twice a day, helps a lot.

Unless you have a significant fever I doubt your lungs are affected, more likely the upper respiratory tract. If it were in the lungs that would be pneumonia. If there is any suggestion of that you should see a doctor at a hospital and not rely on the STD clinic.

• Thanks 1