Prices of Land in Issan

11 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

You cannot obtain a secured loan on Sor Por Kor land. Google it. 

If you own the land outright then is is not sor por kor. Google it yourself and I think you will find it is government degraded land lent to landless people for their lifetime for specific purposes.

Edited by Muhendis
Spelling

Just now, Muhendis said:

If you own the land outright then is is not sor kor por. Google it yourself and I think you will find it is government degraded land lent to landless people for their lifetime for specific purposes.

The only land that can be owned outright in Thailand is chanote.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Indirectly you did it that crop growers use their land for pin money.

How does that translate to Sor Por Kor?

By pin money I meant there is only a small return on crop sales. Not enough to feed a family on for a year but enough to buy a few extras'

Edited by Muhendis
Spelling

You said in Buriram.  If you mean downtown Buriram, near the stadium or Robinson's, then 1.2M/RAI sounds feasible.

For full Red Garuda chanote.

Land in that area is not cheap.

If you mean out in farm area. And not Red Garuda, then that is a rip off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muhendis said:

How does that translate to Sor Kor Por?

It was what I understood to be your meaning. If a foreigner indirectly buys land in Thailand then it is highly recommended, by lawyers, to buy chanote land and not get involved with the illegal practices of the Thais.

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
11 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The only land that can be owned outright in Thailand is chanote.

Chanote is Nor Sor 4 land. One can also own Nor Sor 3, which is not Chanote.

Okay 

The Nor Sor 3 title may later be switched to a Nor Sor 3 Gor then subsequently transform to that title to a freehold title deed (Chanote) in the future.

2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Were you introduced to this land/owner by your family? If so, it sounds like a scam by your family, sorry to say. 

Why?  20 years ago, my wife's family introduce me to land. I made 4000% on it, selling 17 years later.

• Like 2

Dunno if this is happening else where but I've just heard of it. 2 farangs have just built houses on land to which they have no titles to the land. The wives of the 2 farangs just went to the woman that has the Sor Por Kor land and asked if they could build houses on the land. They paid the woman basically tea money to do it. The poor farangs have no idea that the money they coughed up means nothing regarding ownership to their wives. There's some really thick farangs out there. Buyer beware.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Dunno if this is happening else where but I've just heard of it. 2 farangs have just built houses on land to which they have no titles to the land. The wives of the 2 farangs just went to the woman that has the Sor Por Kor land and asked if they could build houses on the land. They paid the woman basically tea money to do it. The poor farangs have no idea that the money they coughed up means nothing regarding ownership to their wives. There's some really thick farangs out there. Buyer beware.

Buyer beware indeed. 

I indirectly bought land for farming a for our house but before the purchase went ahead I noticed that there was poor vehicular access onto the land from the adjacent road. A quick chat with the neighbour and 5,000 baht later I had full legal access across a corner of his land so the deal went ahead. That bit of access road is not ours but the right to use it is. It was all agreed at the local land office.

57 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you mean 40k a rai?

17 years ago, I was offered farmland in Sakkon Nakhon for 15k a rai

57 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you mean 40k a rai?

17 years ago, I was offered farmland in Sakkon Nakhon for 15k a rai

I paid total 40K for 14 rais.It was cheap because my exwife bougth it from her grandfather.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Lol

Yes.Now i have a new lady from Korat.Her parents have 10 rai they will give to her.Anyway the neighbour land her uncle is owing.About 12 rai.Now her uncle try to sell this for 500.000 bath to my lady.I told her we need to contact the land office first about this land.Well..i was rigth.He have alot of depts and have give the landpaper for garantee to other people.So the total is 1,2 million bath.Means he try to cheat us.So we decided to NOT buy anything from this person.

On 12/3/2021 at 3:05 PM, dkg224 said:

Anyway my point is that seems wildly expensive, it’s more expensive than land back in my home in California. It’s the equivalent of $110,000 per acre which is crazy for land outside the city. 

Going price for Isaan farm land in Surin area - near Buriram - is around 100,000 baht per rai, however up and down depending on title deed and especially location. A smaller plot close to, or in a village, can be priced higher per rai; from that view 400,000 baht for three rai seems fair enough, without knowing specific details and deed title. A relative small plot of land with Chanote deed title at an attractive location can be priced well over 100,000 baht per rai...????

• Like 1

My father-in-law has a 27 rai Farm in khon kaen. It has a couple rice fields and is very beautiful About an hour and a half outside of downtown khon kaen. He wants about 2.8 million THB. Sorry I cannot describe the location but you can contact me for details.   ifonewonone(at) gmail dot com

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Foreign ownership in Thailand is overated except for those whose ego requires such.

So they build girlfriend/wife a house rather than rent, who cares whose land it is on if built with permission.

Mother in law gave my wife the land our modest home is built on, when we bought more land, mother in law insisted we fill up some more land to enlarge the frontage, a matter of retaining status I expect. ???? I don't demand status either, another overated acquisition. My family are provided for is all that matters

Ok to business, our neighbour has recently purchased farm land 16 Rai with no road, no amenities, @180k per Rai. Outside the village and unlikely to be building land for the foreseeable future.

A good roadside plot I am told 250k then it would be to fill, provide electric.

so If the OPs land is filled, settled, ready to build with electric to hand and he is not too distraught about paying additional say 75k for the proximity to the family the land appears reasonably priced although if only 0.3 Rai perhaps on the high side of reasonable

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Personally I think it is well overpriced. How much or how long would it take to see a return on ones investment. I'd say 25 years if growing cassava.

any idea that not everybody is looking for return on investment ? many people buy millions baht cars and are not looking for any return !

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 9:05 PM, dkg224 said:

It’s the equivalent of $110,000 per acre which is crazy for land outside the city. 

I saw a really nice 4 rai piece of land outside of Chiang Mai by 30 minutes or more... I calculated it out to $175,000 an acre... amazing - though I thought Isaan Buriram land would not compare in price, I have a friend who paid a big price there too...