Remodeling Contractors - via HomePro (and such)? 55sqm

Hi, 

I'm one of those blokes talented in some areas, of which none are DIY. It's my understanding that finding legit contractors is quite hard (and stressful) and I wonder if any of the "leading names" such as HomePro offer this service, when you buy a kitchen (or similar) from them? 

I would assume they add a juicy margin ontop but that's something I would be willing to pay for a (somewhat) stress free setup.

I'm looking to remodel a 55sqm apartment with the following items (from scratch): 

- Kitchen 

- Bathroom (tiles, new shower, etc.) 

- Wallpaint/Wallpaper done well 

- Spotlights/Roof Lightning 

If we disregard materials, would you have a sense of the hours and cost for getting the actual work done? 

Help a blind. Bless! 

• Like 1

I've recently done some renovations at my condo:

Floor - changed out to laminate planking, bought at Boonthavorn ( good selection ). They use a contractor of thier choice to remove existing floor ( which was tiles ). Then another contractor selected by Boonthavorn came to lay the new laminate. You have to keep an eye on them at all times. they will ALWAYS take the easiest and quickest option with prep work.

Kitchen - Ordered at Index. They will select a contractor to remove old kitchen. Then another contractor to install new kitchen. They had to replace the counter i ordered 3 times until they got it right. 1 - wrong size 2. Drilled hole for tap and cracked it 3. i ordered an underhung sink and it was cut for standard sink. Also, the sink was odered from another vendor and they had their own contractors to install, they also had to come back each time the counter was damaged. Also they cracked my hob when taking it out of exisiting kitchen ( i'm getting a new one FOC ). They tried to fob me off with an inferior brand and i refused, i will only accept like for like. They started kitchen in July and hob still outstanding, i will not give in.....lol.

Apart from that it went really well.               

• Like 2

It is a minefield if you don't know about these things, i ended up buying a place mostly ok, just needed to fit a kitchen and get the condo painted, move some plugs and ceiling fans fitted. Seller had some builders to help. A couple of friends helped out with the kitchen.

Now i would look for thai tradesman (not shady falang) to do each job, try facebook. Could also get IKEA to fit kitchen

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Floor - changed out to laminate planking, bought at Boonthavorn ( good selection ). They use a contractor of thier choice to remove existing floor ( which was tiles ). Then another contractor selected by Boonthavorn came to lay the new laminate. You have to keep an eye on them at all times. they will ALWAYS take the easiest and quickest option with prep work.

Kitchen - Ordered at Index. They will select a contractor to remove old kitchen. Then another contractor to install new kitchen. They had to replace the counter i ordered 3 times until they got it right. 1 - wrong size 2. Drilled hole for tap and cracked it 3. i ordered an underhung sink and it was cut for standard sink. Also, the sink was odered from another vendor and they had their own contractors to install, they also had to come back each time the counter was damaged. Also they cracked my hob when taking it out of exisiting kitchen ( i'm getting a new one FOC ). They tried to fob me off with an inferior brand and i refused, i will only accept like for like. They started kitchen in July and hob still outstanding, i will not give in.....lol.

Interesting.

Do you get years of warranty on that work? And if yes, is that warranty from the individual contractor or from the shop like Boonthavorn?

It seems many problems only show after years...

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Interesting.

Do you get years of warranty on that work? And if yes, is that warranty from the individual contractor or from the shop like Boonthavorn?

It seems many problems only show after years...

I've not signed off on the work being complete yet, before i do that i'll be asking that question.

Would hate to be a on deadline in this place, as mentioned it's been 6 months.....so far.

Also another thing i despise in this country is paying full price first. I won't do this again, if a company won't do a deposit with the balance upon completuion i'll go elsewhere.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

What's the cost for contractors via Boonthavorn? How is it setup? 

3 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

1st. Design w/ Dwgs. & Material List

Architect or Interior Designer

2nd.Procurement w/Delivery Holds

You. From “List”.

3rd.Build w/Main Builder. Fixed Price.

Subcontractor Control.

Stage Inspections & Payments.

Sounds good! Do you know any reputable Interior Designer (1) and Contractors (3) in Pattaya? 

10 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

For tile they flat-rates per m^2 depending on tile size, whether it's over old tile and condition of the surface. Call them.

Now is not a good time to get work done (at least in BKK) as there is a coved related labor shortage. 

12 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

I had to pay additional 3000 baht to remove existing tiles, about 60-65sqm, took 2 guys less than 1/2 day.

If you buy over a certain sqm ( forget the amount ) installation was free.