Business operators rejoice after alcohol sales and drinks are allowed in qualified restaurants in Pattaya, what is the next step?

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Nothing is ever made simple in Thailand; every process has to be wrapped up in red tape to allow self-important, uncivil servants a further chance to lord it over the unconnected.

Thailand - the Hub of Hoops.

Thailand Hub of bungs!

49 minutes ago, smedly said:

what really disgusts me is the ammount of frarangs that go to the toilet here and do not wash their hands - what sort of dirty background do they come from, I see most Thais washing their hands  but not farangs especially right now during this pandemic - it has put me right off shaking strangers hands as a greeting 

I always carry hand sanitiser around with, just to be on the safe side no matter where I am will before Covid came  on the scern . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

Nothing is ever made simple in Thailand; every process has to be wrapped up in red tape to allow self-important, uncivil servants a further chance to lord it over the unconnected.

Thailand - the Hub of Hoops.

They are their own worse enemy … They now believe 100 million tourists will arrive in the next 5 days … 75 million will be Indian millionaires “;0) 55555

2 hours ago, oznomad said:

I just checked my wallet for my list of SHA+ approved venues.

Damn, must have dropped it somewhere.

Same me lost my wallet ,  it has 2ATM cards in it ,and little money   1 card Lloyds Bank the other Nationwide .Lost it around Hua Hin .Please ring 0816996138 Name Palmer if one finds it as I'm stuck for money.

6 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Same me lost my wallet ,  it has 2ATM cards in it ,and little money   1 card Lloyds Bank the other Nationwide .Lost it around Hua Hin .Please ring 0816996138 Name Palmer if one finds it as I'm stuck for money.

obviously contact Hua Hin police - they should be able to trace you with your name on the cards

1 hour ago, Percy P said:

Please PM me your PIN number so I can verify it’s really you before I send them back… I’ll take my own modest reward .. 

3 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

Why not 100% vaccinated?

Exactly... working in the entertainment/food businesses one would have thought 100% vaccination of staff would be a minimum.

But hey.. that only applies to the incoming tourists and Thai customers?

• Like 1

Walking and riding around the past few hours there are plenty of folks drinking beers and other alcoholic beverages in bars/restaurants.  Many bars serving in fact I saw had some type of food available.

Soi 6 is still dead but I spoke to a few owners I know and they said they will open in a few days with food served.

To add, Pattaya is packed today a holiday weekend Beach road no parking to be found traffic backed up, beach chair vendors many customers ordering food and I saw folks drinking beer and foo foo pina colada type drinks.  Central mall was packed also and Soi Buakhao with the new food market area near Pattaya Tai many people/traffic.  Obviously, mostly local tourists, but it did reminded me of being close to a semi normal weekend from 2 years ago at least in the central part of town.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Good news.

But will the tourist follow.

Not everyone comes to Thailand just to get plastered.

What else does Pattaya have to offer, other than getting plastered and laid?  You certainly wouldn't come here for the beach.  

40 minutes ago, Leaver said:

What else does Pattaya have to offer, other than getting plastered and laid?  You certainly wouldn't come here for the beach.  

Well the lamb chops from Big C were pretty good for my dinner tonight with mash & mixed veg, all washed down with a couple of glasses of red wine, you'd have trouble finding that in Nackon nowhere ????????