Business operators rejoice after alcohol sales and drinks are allowed in qualified restaurants in Pattaya, what is the next step?

Jonathan Fairfield

57 minutes ago, Leaver said:

What else does Pattaya have to offer, other than getting plastered and laid?  You certainly wouldn't come here for the beach.  

Very pleasant evening tonight with friends enjoying a meal and beer over looking Jomtien beach.

Relaxing, real relaxing and the only reason why I venture brightside.

• Like 1

I was at Mumaroi this evening & there were a few hundred Thais eating, I spotted 2 other white faces in the place.

A lot of families & Bangkok plates in the car park.

Ordered wine was told it was not allowed but we could have beer or whiskey.

I pressured the carving knife to ask someone else & we got our bottle of vino.

I asked why we were refused but got no answer that made any sense.

I don't get upset at that kind of situation anymore here & just take it in my stride.

It was great to see whole generations of families out laughing & enjoying themselves with the staff being run off their feet.

Edited by SidJames
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Then why are the Pattaya restaurants always harping on about drinking?

They don't. Only in your imagination. I can assure you restaurants have not been selling alcohol here but would like to and will when it's is allowed as it is a fundamental part of the F and B and hospitality industry and the associated business model.

14 hours ago, Thaijack2014 said:

I understand the lust for a cool beer or some wine, but still I find it a sad state of the world when people don't go dining, because they can't have alcohol. Many years ago I was in Kuwait with some collegues. One of them knew a fabulous restaurant. But you should have heard the protests to eat there, when at arriving in the restaurant we noticed that alcohol was according islamic law prohibited.

But in spite of some protests we ate there and the food was delicious. 

Of course, after diner some of my collegues thought it necessary to go to a bar in order to get their quotum on alcohol. Poor souls.

Yes  Enjoy your Michelin quality food with a Pepsi!

8 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Well the lamb chops from Big C were pretty good for my dinner tonight with mash & mixed veg, all washed down with a couple of glasses of red wine, you'd have trouble finding that in Nackon nowhere ????????

I'll have you know that "Nakorn nowhere" isn't as backward as you think - My wifes house even has electricty. It's buffalo steaks all around at half the price ????

On 12/5/2021 at 2:35 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

S__70295570-1024x604.jpeg

Obviously over run with happy customers, and dozens queuing outside the door, 55555555555555.

Could they not have used a better photo?

Somehow I think they haven't realised that till international tourists return in large numbers it's not going to be business as usual.

21 hours ago, Carlosm said:

Surely it should be 100% of the staff vaccinated. Touching your glasses, plates eating utensils and cash that could spread the covid around,

I believe current theory is transmission by 'touching objects' is less than 1 in 10,000 cases.

It's all droplets from the mouth.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, SidJames said:

I asked why we were refused but got no answer that made any sense.

Father's Day ......... (former kings birthday) is usually dry.

I'm guessing they didn't want a bottle seen on your table.

I had a Leo with my lunch yesterday, served in a jug.

Edited by BritManToo

36 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Father's Day ......... (former kings birthday) is usually dry.

I'm guessing they didn't want a bottle seen on your table.

Is it usually dry these days? I don't recall that and I don't recall any announcements to that effect this year.

I'd say it's more than likely they didn't want a wine or beer bottle on the table due to not being SHA+ accredited.

• Like 1