'Do your own research / I do my own research' has become code for conspiracy theory followers

Jingthing

2 minutes ago, Khabib said:

You have a very very low chance of going to hospital in any event. The monk are chanting here for the first time in the 3 years I've been at this location - so I know it 555

I told it before , 3 far family members died of covid in April 2020 . Somebody else i know was hospitalized and in ICU because of covid . My neighbor right now has got no/not enough bloodflow to his legs , but hospitals have shut down regular care , because the beds are full with covid patients , so they told him that they can't help him right now ( this is last week ) .

Chances might not be huge , but it is much higher then nothing . Saying i'm healthy ,might be true , and indeed , it helps but is no guarantee to not end up in there , there has been plenty there before you . Vaccines do bring the amount of hospitalizations down , so your small chance has become a much smaller chance . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, blackprince said:

Yes I left the UK officially 25 years ago, but I'd been working internationally for 10 years prior to that. I'm well under 75 and I hope covid buggers off for good soon so I can enjoy the remains of my long extended youth lol.

But about the BBC. I started complaining to myself about the BBC in the late 70s - mainly I found the luvviness irritating.

But as I've got older I've really come to appreciate it more and more.

I know the license fee is a pain for some retirees, and I know that some people think the internet, netflix etc has made the BBC redundant, and obviously media outlets like The Telegraph hate the BBC for political reasons.

But it provides so much to the world, I really believe that. It's the best British brand bar none. Everyone in the world knows about it.

I like hollywood, netflix etc but nobody does the more serious stuff better than the BBC; the world service; the radio channels, even some of the light entertainment...

Line of Duty, the fairly recent cop series

The Serpent

Just because a stranger is charming and well-dressed, it doesn’t mean they aren’t dangerous. Set in the mid-1970s, The Serpent is based on the crimes of serial killer Charles Sobhraj, who murdered young tourists traveling through Thailand.

and so much more...

My only complaint about the BBC nowadays is that there isn't much on it that caters to the highly educated. But the world is a far better place for it. There's not a huge amount that makes me feel good about being British, but the BBC and the English language are way up there.

The serpent was a Netflix production. I began computer programming on an acorn bbc model a computer, upgraded later to model b (32kb wow) and I done well enough since then, so that's about all I would thank the BBC for. Those computers ended up in all the schools. Basic and 6502 assembler was how my life came to as it is. More recently I've been disappointed. I buy some KEF-LS50 which was a goto monitor for the BBC. Great, but then I bought some ls50 wireless for 90000 baht, and they blew up within the year. So, somehow, I'm annoyed about that. Bowers and wilkins formation duos are a peach. These are facts of my life, no conspiracy whatsoever, will be written by me.

1 minute ago, Khabib said:

The serpent was a Netflix production. I began computer programming on an acorn bbc model a computer, upgraded later to model b (32kb wow) and I done well enough since then, so that's about all I would thank the BBC for. Those computers ended up in all the schools. Basic and 6502 assembler was how my life came to as it is. More recently I've been disappointed. I buy some KEF-LS50 which was a goto monitor for the BBC. Great, but then I bought some ls50 wireless for 90000 baht, and they blew up within the year. So, somehow, I'm annoyed about that. Bowers and wilkins formation duos are a peach. These are facts of my life, no conspiracy whatsoever, will be written by me.

Please excuse me, I'm wrong, the serpent seems to be BBC. We all get it wrong sometimes 

• Like 1

How is it that bashing people that believe in *conspiracy theories* is fine but discussion of alternative views and links to alternative websites banned?

This site did not allow the discussion that none of the evidence that COVID came from Wuhan lab until it was taken as common knowledge.

Conspiracies are everywhere. It is the very nature of people - especially powerful, monied people to conspire.

The entire op is way off base and should never have been allowed. It's totally prejudiced.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheScience said:

How is it that bashing people that believe in *conspiracy theories* is fine but discussion of alternative views and links to alternative websites banned?

This site did not allow the discussion that none of the evidence that COVID came from Wuhan lab until it was taken as common knowledge.

Conspiracies are everywhere. It is the very nature of people - especially powerful, monied people to conspire.

The entire op is way off base and should never have been allowed. It's totally prejudiced.

Sorry, but I think it was a perfectly valid thread to raise, and I thank Jingthing for raising it.

Edited by Khabib
Edit

1 minute ago, Khabib said:

"The Serpent is a British crime drama serial developed by Mammoth Screen and commissioned by the BBC. The eight-part limited series is a co-production between BBC One and Netflix. It is based on the crimes of serial killer Charles Sobhraj, who murdered young tourists from 1975 to 1976."

Personally I thought the Serpent's sets and  locations were excellent even though I never visited Thailand in the 70s.

I just gave 2 examples of light entertainment, but there's so much more.

I have the box set of the complete dramatic works of Shakespeare that was produced and broadcast on the BBC a few decades ago. Interesting to see some of those well known thespians preserved in aspic lol. No-one else has ever done that. Shakespeare is another fantastic British brand, kids and adults all over the world know about him and Rome & Juliet ???? What a shame Britain in general doesn't aspire to such high ideals.

I even recently downloaded Jonathan Creek lol, nice quirky stuff 555

4 minutes ago, TheScience said:

It's not common knowledge that covid came from a lab. Far from it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blackprince said:

"The Serpent is a British crime drama serial developed by Mammoth Screen and commissioned by the BBC. The eight-part limited series is a co-production between BBC One and Netflix. It is based on the crimes of serial killer Charles Sobhraj, who murdered young tourists from 1975 to 1976."

Personally I thought the Serpent's sets and  locations were excellent even though I never visited Thailand in the 70s.

I just gave 2 examples of light entertainment, but there's so much more.

I have the box set of the complete dramatic works of Shakespeare that was produced and broadcast on the BBC a few decades ago. Interesting to see some of those well known thespians preserved in aspic lol. No-one else has ever done that. Shakespeare is another fantastic British brand, kids and adults all over the world know about him and Rome & Juliet ???? What a shame Britain in general doesn't aspire to such high ideals.

I even recently downloaded Jonathan Creek lol, nice quirky stuff 555

Thanks, I thoroughly enjoyed the serpent. I love these kind of dramas where the story is designed by real life. I suppose that's why I detest conspiracy theories, simply because of their opaque nature.

• Like 1

Just now, blackprince said:

I'm not sure I'd go quite as far as that, the thread has opened up a lot of interesting debate; but as I posted earlier, the OP divides the world into 2 camps: QAnon and Angels.

QAnon would probably divide the world into 2 camps also: QAnon and Devils.

I do hope I'm not the only one here who sees the irony.

The trolls stand out very clearly.

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

It's not common knowledge that covid came from a lab. Far from it.

Exactly.

Maybe my post wasn't clear.

Before, it was sacrilege to deny the Chinese narrative. It was plain to see all along covid came from the lab. To this day the Chinese still have not explained.

But stating that crazzeee opinion even on this website would get you *in trouble*.

The op hardly is the gatekeeper of truth.

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

The trolls stand out very clearly.

They do Jeff.

And honestly I see trolls on both side of the schism. I don't class you as one of them, even though we occasionally have different opinions which I hope we can continue to discuss in a civilised and tolerant manner ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheScience said:

Exactly.

Before, it was sacrilege to deny the Chinese narrative. It was plain to see all along covid came from the lab. To this day the Chinese still have not explained.

But stating that crazzeee opinion even on this website would get you *in trouble*.

Very correct. The trouble is, I think, that america was funding it, so its an embarrassment to them. Hence the truth of it all being withheld.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackprince said:

They do Jeff.

And honestly I see trolls on both side of the schism. I don't class you as one of them, even though we occasionally have different opinions which I hope we can continue to discuss in a civilised and tolerant manner ????

Between us all, thats the right disposition. Sometimes, people get heated, and that's human nature. To forgive is also one thing that sets us apart from animals, I hope.

This isn't relevant, unless somebody wishes to describe as a conspiracy. I recently was chased by email for debt by the uk government. I responded, any further correspondence to this email address will be marked as spam. I guess some smart Alec will tell me, good luck renewing my passport 555

To try and keep the thread going, what annoys me most about conspiracy theories is the sense that the person informing of them, act as if they are at a higher intelligence level. But yet, in the process they reveal themselves to be weak and unsure of anything, including themselves.

2 hours ago, Khabib said:

The orange man was orange for a reason. But I shouldn't spout conspiracy theories or people might think I'm taking the p1ss. Its all very stinky imo.

I would absolutely love to hear a conspiracy theory regarding the orange man's orangeness!

PS. I'm using the term 'man' very loosely here.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Khabib said:

To try and keep the thread going, what annoys me most about conspiracy theories is the sense that the person informing of them, act as if they are at a higher intelligence level. But yet, in the process they reveal themselves to be weak and unsure of anything, including themselves.

Looking at social media and especially the scions that own and run the sites I would tend to believe the opposite is true. Twitter shut down both the inventor of the PCR test as well as mRNA vaccine technology.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I would absolutely love to hear a conspiracy theory regarding the orange man's orangeness!

PS. I'm using the term 'man' very loosely here.

I'll send you the video. Must be a hilarious thing. On the other hand if I did, likely I will be eliminated 555

1 minute ago, TheScience said:

Looking at social media and especially the scions that own and run the sites I would tend to believe the opposite is true. Twitter shut down both the inventor of the PCR test as well as mRNA vaccine technology.

The name is within. Twitter is generally for twits. Excluding the orangutan- he's fun.

6 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

In most instances people posting conspiracy drivel also bemoan the lack of intelligence of the "lemmings", which is hilarious as invariably those posters clearly don't break any records in the IQ department (to be very polite).

That's very succinctly put.

From any conspiracy theorists out there, whats the difference between living in chang mai and a 60 a day smoking habit. One things for sure, nothing wants to attempt to live in my lungs. It would be pointless, so I will happily keep taking my LM red oral vaccination program. Plus the additional alcohol. Its a bodily multiple security system that nothing can get past, including myself 55

1 hour ago, sezze said:

I told it before , 3 far family members died of covid in April 2020 . Somebody else i know was hospitalized and in ICU because of covid . My neighbor right now has got no/not enough bloodflow to his legs , but hospitals have shut down regular care , because the beds are full with covid patients , so they told him that they can't help him right now ( this is last week ) .

Chances might not be huge , but it is much higher then nothing . Saying i'm healthy ,might be true , and indeed , it helps but is no guarantee to not end up in there , there has been plenty there before you . Vaccines do bring the amount of hospitalizations down , so your small chance has become a much smaller chance . 

Sorry to read that, I apologise to you most sincerely. And I believe everything you said. There is no conspiracy theory in your post. Ruddy sad world, my sympathies to you.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, TheScience said:

Exactly.

Because it is unknown . It might be and might not be . And that the Chinese have not explained can mean 2 things , or they know and keep it secret or they just don't know . Since virus is all around us , everywhere mutating all the time , they do run free . 99.9% of the time it is nothing and sometimes , even multiple times a year some person actually get sick or even dies from a new virus , which is totally unknown by anybody . In some cases there are a few infections , and it is noticed and then a warning comes out , this also happens a few times a year . But in near all cases , this goes away as fast as it came , since the biology of the virus wasn't right . In rare cases , then the virus does have the right keys to enter a body and also avoids being detected in a body and above that also is infectious and on top of that is in a busy place . It happened before and unfortunate happened now . China didn't want it , the world didn't want it . Can it be that a virus escaped from a virology lab , yes , it can be , is it certain , surely not . You can blame China for trying to keep it quiet , that was wrong of them . But blaming for the virus itself is also very wrong , because the virus does not care at all . BTW last time something this big happened was the Spanish Flu which was originated in USA and was also kept quiet ( because WW1 was busy).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sezze said:

Because it is unknown . It might be and might not be . And that the Chinese have not explained can mean 2 things , or they know and keep it secret or they just don't know . Since virus is all around us , everywhere mutating all the time , they do run free . 99.9% of the time it is nothing and sometimes , even multiple times a year some person actually get sick or even dies from a new virus , which is totally unknown by anybody . In some cases there are a few infections , and it is noticed and then a warning comes out , this also happens a few times a year . But in near all cases , this goes away as fast as it came , since the biology of the virus wasn't right . In rare cases , then the virus does have the right keys to enter a body and also avoids being detected in a body and above that also is infectious and on top of that is in a busy place . It happened before and unfortunate happened now . China didn't want it , the world didn't want it . Can it be that a virus escaped from a virology lab , yes , it can be , is it certain , surely not . You can blame China for trying to keep it quiet , that was wrong of them . But blaming for the virus itself is also very wrong , because the virus does not care at all . BTW last time something this big happened was the Spanish Flu which was originated in USA and was also kept quiet ( because WW1 was busy).

My word Sezze, you make complete sense. 

3 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

If you're talking about e.g. Dr Fauci then he was and is demonized by the orange clown as well as the nutter right. It would help if you brought up examples to make your point (which I'm not sure I get since you're rather vague and sometimes compare apples to oranges).

I surely did not mean Dr Fauci. Is he a scientist?

Edited by Saanim