'Do your own research / I do my own research' has become code for conspiracy theory followers

Jingthing

1 hour ago, Saanim said:

Isn't it strange that many scientists - who surely know something about the matter - are demonized/cenzorized once they dare to say something different than the politicians talking the science? 

Should we now assume that many renowned scientists have turned to be conspirators, perhaps even terrorists?

What?  You really need a better source for your news.  Bizarre.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Masterton said:

Look it is really not that difficult. As mentioned earlier, the narrative is controlled by the left due to their control of the media, entertainment and education. Therefore any so-called "conspiracy theories" are usually stories by real journalists that contradict the left's narrative. Conspiracy theories are also dished out constantly by the left (which they pretend is journalism) however opposing evidence is either covered up, not reported, or written off as (you guessed it) a "conspiracy theory". 

What a stretch.  Guess you've never researched Murdoch and his fake news empire?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Masterton said:

The meaning of the term "conspiracy theory" has devolved to mean anything that contradicts or questions the official left wing media narrative. Unfortunately most of the media, education system, and entertainment industry have all been hijacked by this movement so most people are conditioned or brainwashed to accept whatever nonsense is force fed to them, including, it would seem, most of the posters in this thread. Funny how the usual suspects repeat and propagate the left wing authoritarian narratives and quote the NYT or Guardian as their source, completely oblivious of the irony. Then predictably follow the obligatory sarcasms directed at Trump, Fox News, Q Anon etc as if that strengthens your case. All whilst advocating for fake fact checkers and censorship of opposing views. Guess you still believe Trump colluded with the Russians? Lol. 

I like RT they tell the truth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Most scientists aren't all that good at the job.

The world usually has 6-12 really innovative and original scientists, all the rest are hacks barely earning the pittance they are paid. Problem with science is it doesn't pay well, so the really intelligent (like me) work in fairly worthless (but high paying) professions like finance, law and the media.

Just to put it in perspective, a rural Brit GP earns about twice as much as a 'top' scientist.

How many scientists do you actually know?  Zip would be my guess.  Calling all scientists hacks earns you the troll post of the day.

I've got 2 cousins who are scientists.  Both are multi millionaires.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

A credible one.  At least the link is staying up, unlike the ones you post! ????

Let's bring it back to the meaning of conspiracy theories. I'm neither here or there when it comes to politics. Just not relevant to the thread (although I hands up, making unconnected comments myself). The theory of conspiracy theories is an interesting subject after all, which is why I'm posting myself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

What a stretch.  Guess you've never researched Murdoch and his fake news empire?

Says the person who thinks the NYT is the gold standard of journalism. This topic has nothing to do with Murdoch, although it is bizarre how the left wing fake news brigade are so obsessed with Fox. 

21 minutes ago, Masterton said:

As mentioned earlier, the narrative is controlled by the left due to their control of the media, entertainment and education.

May I respond?

I am from the UK (a long time ago admittedly). In the UK the media is definitely not dominated by the left. Of the majors, the Guardian is progressive liberal left, ditto the Independent, the Daily Mirror is more traditional working class left.

Just about everything else is right wing. Not only right wing but often controlled by billionaires with specific agendas - eg climate denial, anti-refugee, anti-EU, pro deregulation of the City (and consequently money laundering, tax evasion), pro handouts and tax deductions for certain business sectors.

The right wing think that the BBC is left wing, and the left wing think that the BBC is right wing. Personally I think the BBC is the most reliable source in the world - it's a public broadcasting medium which has a charter to inform and educate, it has a watchdog to ensure neutrality and assess complaints from left and right. It features factual reporting, not lengthy opinion pieces. Sadly the right wing want to close it down. The Telegraph has been running that campaign for a long time. I've never read The Mail, but I would be surprised if it's not trying to close the BBC down too.

It's true that the academic world in general leans to the liberal progressive side of things, but this is the consequence of education, not indoctrination.

thanks for reading.

Edited by blackprince
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Masterton said:

Says the person who thinks the NYT is the gold standard of journalism. This topic has nothing to do with Murdoch, although it is bizarre how the left wing fake news brigade are so obsessed with Fox. 

NYT has won more awards than any other media outlet.  I'd guess that makes them the gold standard!

Murdoch does rags and fake news.  That's a proven fact.

1 minute ago, blackprince said:

May I respond?

I am from the UK (a long time ago admittedly). In the UK the media is definitely not dominated by the left. Of the majors, the Guardian is progressive liberal left, ditto the Independent, the Daily Mirror is more traditional working class left.

Just about everything else is right wing. Not only right wing but often controlled by billionaires with specific agendas - eg climate denial, anti-refugee, anti-EU, pro deregulation of the City (and consequently money laundering, tax evasion), pro handouts and tax deductions for certain business sectors.

The right wing think that the BBC is left wing, and the left wing think that the BBC is right wing. Personally I think the BBC is the most reliable source in the world - it's a public broadcasting medium which has a charter to inform and educate, it has a watchdog to ensure neutrality and assess complaints from left and right. It features factual reporting, not lengthy opinion pieces. Sadly the right wing want to close it down. The Telegraph has been running that campaign for a long time. I've never read The Mail, but I would be surprised if it's not trying to close the BBC down too.

It's true that the academic world in general leans to the liberal progressive side of things, but this is the consequence of education, not indoctrination.

thank for reading.

I'm assuming you're under age 75 and, think you mentioned, don't live in the UK anymore. The BBC should now be as obsolete as the dodo imo. Thanks for the post. Have you seen the goons harassment of old people on YouTube, threatening prison time, if licence not paid. Thats blatantly wrong.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I like RT they tell the truth.

I'll assume you are not being ironic. In my opinion RT trick you. They have stories that are done well and do tell the truth. It then lulls you into believing that the stories about Russia and the United States are truthful too. Often they are not.  They are designed to make Russian despots look good and democracy look bad. Don't believe the hype. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Masterton said:

Great example of the type of content the OP is referring.

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

As a Brit that used to work in the media, I can clearly state the UK media is absolutely dominated by the security forces.

You won't ever see or read anything the UK security forces don't want you to see.

Like 'Lord of the Rings' where security is the one ring that binds them.

Mind you, I would say, those security forces will never censor me from telling the truth. It's here on this forum in all its glory

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

As a Brit that used to work in the media, I can clearly state the UK media is absolutely dominated by the security forces.

You won't ever see or read anything the UK security forces don't want you to see.

Like 'Lord of the Rings' where security is the one ring that binds them.

I'm sure you have a good point BM.

I was offered a job at the BBC when I was about 20, but to be honest I didn't like the luvvies much on a personal basis, so I declined. Being a working class guy at the time I found them patronising and privileged, even though I shared 70-80% of their political views.

But can I focus on the word "dominated".

Would you say the UK media is more or less dominated by the security forces than, say, in Russsia, China, Oz, France, the USA?

I'm not at all a sinophobe, but having just finished a long investigative journalism book on the CCP and its tentacles, I find it hard to believe that anyone can match that, except maybe the totalitarian states of 40s or 50s Europe.

• Like 1

Heres a question to any clever clogs out there. I removed my children from the UK, as it became obvious they (social services females with feminazi tendencies) hated me because it went against the grain of them believing all me should be pussy whipped (by them fat rsed (with an A in front) They clearly hated my wife, and me. Is that a conspiracy. Any takers?

• Haha 1

I would go further, and recommend noone should risk taking their children back, and inadvertently facing the feminist government employees opportunity to attempt to destroy a family through pre conceived concepts about Thai ladies. Have I given enough information? 555

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

'Good' people don't accumulate vast amounts of money.

'Good' people don't want to control the world.

This is a truth the everyone in the world must recognise.

What a lot of "old cobblers", and if there is a truth everyone in the world must recognise, it is the fact that you have written a load of rubbish with this statement.

Quote: What does the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation support?

Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation works to help all people lead healthy, productive lives. In developing countries, it focuses on improving people's health and giving them the chance to lift themselves out of hunger and extreme poverty.

They are a nonprofit org fighting poverty, disease, and inequity around the world.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Khabib said:

I would go further, and recommend noone should risk taking their children back, and inadvertently facing the feminist government employees opportunity to attempt to destroy a family through pre conceived concepts about Thai ladies. Have I given enough information? 555

Jeffr if you knew the truth of what's possible in the uk by government, you would be amazed. And disgusted if it happened to you. Anymore questions?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, blackprince said:

But can I focus on the word "dominated".

Would you say the UK media is more or less dominated by the security forces than, say, in Russsia, China, Oz, France, the USA?

I have no experience in media outside the UK, so don't really have an opinion.

But in the UK they are in absolute control.

As for the 'luvvies', you're right I camped it up a bit and hid my sexual orientation in order to fit in.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Nothing will stop COVID, except time.

True . Is Covid a problem if it was just like the flu or a cold ? No because nobody would know or care . Covid is a problem because the hospitals are full with Covid patients. Then governments need to step in and try to get infections down .

The vaccines are not 100% , but you get much higher chance of not going hospital , being only infected with minor discomfort ( or nothing ) .Sometimes you still end up in hospital but chances are much smaller .

Get vaccinated , keep yourself out hospital , and all will be fine .

So I refer to conspiracy theories. In my case, my private life, being made public on this forum. The question is does anyone believe, that had my family been taken to family court, with a gagging order, I would end up in prison for 2 years if I wrote these comments. I would be a secret prisoner of which there were 200, 10 years ago when my family caught the ferry dingy (joking) out of there. I don't mind informing the forum, the tax people aren't very happy with me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, sezze said:

True . Is Covid a problem if it was just like the flu or a cold ? No because nobody would know or care . Covid is a problem because the hospitals are full with Covid patients. Then governments need to step in and try to get infections down .

The vaccines are not 100% , but you get much higher chance of not going hospital , being only infected with minor discomfort ( or nothing ) .Sometimes you still end up in hospital but chances are much smaller .

Get vaccinated , keep yourself out hospital , and all will be fine .

You have a very very low chance of going to hospital in any event. The monk are chanting here for the first time in the 3 years I've been at this location - so I know it 555

Just now, Khabib said:

You have a very very low chance of going to hospital in any event. The monk are chanting here for the first time in the 3 years I've been at this location - so I know it 555

I'm actually telling the truth, I can hear the monks right now. It's surely not a conspiracy theory.

1 hour ago, Khabib said:

I'm assuming you're under age 75 and, think you mentioned, don't live in the UK anymore. The BBC should now be as obsolete as the dodo imo. Thanks for the post. Have you seen the goons harassment of old people on YouTube, threatening prison time, if licence not paid. Thats blatantly wrong.

Yes I left the UK officially 25 years ago, but I'd been working internationally for 10 years prior to that. I'm well under 75 and I hope covid buggers off for good soon so I can enjoy the remains of my long extended youth lol.

But about the BBC. I started complaining to myself about the BBC in the late 70s - mainly I found the luvviness irritating.

But as I've got older I've really come to appreciate it more and more.

I know the license fee is a pain for some retirees, and I know that some people think the internet, netflix etc has made the BBC redundant, and obviously media outlets like The Telegraph hate the BBC for political reasons.

But it provides so much to the world, I really believe that. It's the best British brand bar none. Everyone in the world knows about it.

I like hollywood, netflix etc but nobody does the more serious stuff better than the BBC; the world service; the radio channels, even some of the light entertainment...

Line of Duty, the fairly recent cop series

The Serpent

Just because a stranger is charming and well-dressed, it doesn’t mean they aren’t dangerous. Set in the mid-1970s, The Serpent is based on the crimes of serial killer Charles Sobhraj, who murdered young tourists traveling through Thailand.

and so much more...

My only complaint about the BBC nowadays is that there isn't much on it that caters to the highly educated. But the world is a far better place for it. There's not a huge amount that makes me feel good about being British, but the BBC and the English language are way up there.

• Like 2