'Do your own research / I do my own research' has become code for conspiracy theory followers

Jingthing

5 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I've got a friend who started talking about heart attacks from the vaccine.  I asked him for info on this.  He sent me a dodgy YouTube video! ????

The F.D.A are currently researching the effects of the Moderna vaccine and its effects on causing heart attacks and their results will not be known until next year

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Luckily, that argument is going away with mandates.  You seem to have fallen for the fake news/conspiracy theories.

That 0.03% is a fallacy.  But widely used by anti vaxxers.

You're 100% wrong about unvaxxed being equal to vaxxed.  Don't post misinformation.  Its against forum rules, luckily.

That's accurate.  Vax'd & unvax'd can get and transmit the virus.

Thailand's own reported numbers equals 300 per 1 million population, which is 0.03% risk of dying from.

Untitled.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blackprince said:

Harvard Medical School doesn't think you're crazy either Mac (Nov 1 2021):

"In one of the largest studies of its kind to date, researchers found strong evidence that heart attack and stroke risk rises sharply in the weeks following a COVID-19 diagnosis."

https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/covid-19-diagnosis-raises-risk-of-heart-attack-stroke

PS Mick McManus v Johnny Kwango, London, late 60s with my mum, she loved the wrestling!

He's claiming heart attack after the vaccination. You posted a link showing that risk of heart attack rises after infection which diminishes the argument against vaccinations because of heart attack. Thank you for your positive contribution bolstering the need to vaccinate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The emergency use caveat has long since been withdrawn and it is now against forum rules to claim that the vaccines are only for emergency use. Just a heads up, I suggest you edit your post to remove that reference.

Really ... advise taken, and edited.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That's accurate.  Vax'd & unvax'd can get and transmit the virus.

Thailand's own reported numbers equals 300 per 1 million population, which is 0.03% risk of dying from.

Untitled.png

And you think Thailand reports all cases and deaths properly?  Seriously?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

A fine example of non-transparency.  It does make one wonder what they are scared of / hiding.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/wait-what-fda-wants-55-years-process-foia-request-over-vaccine-data-2021-11-18/

This was in response to a BS request by antivaxxers. Instead of asking just for pertinent information, they wanted every document involved in the vaccination process including documents containing confidential information about patients. They know that it would be an impossible request to satisfy in a reasonable amount of time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Opinion is one thing, faith is another.  Or is it?

Some people say the Earth is flat.  It has been proven the planet is a sphere.  Saying the world is flat is not expressing an opinion, it is saying something false.  And that's that.  If you were standing out in a blizzard but described it as tropical sun bathing you are either sarcastic or truly stupid.

What can be said of these people?

man is leading QAnon gathering in Dallas, waiting for the late JFK Jr. to show up

For the past several weeks, dozens of QAnon conspiracy theorists have gathered at Dealey Plaza

in Dallas in the belief they’d witness the return of John F. Kennedy Jr., who would reinstate [...] as president.

There is also an adjunct contingent that says JFK Senior (who was assassinated at Dealey Plaza) will also return.  I think this one is too coo-coo for mainstream media.  You might have to go to the Q source for that brilliance.

My pet conspiracy is the abandoned Walmarts below which are FEMA concentration camps and are all connected to each other via clandestine tunnels.  I first heard this one around 2011.  It's changed a few times, last I heard it was a Chinese infiltration plot, can't recall the rest.  But yeah, keep an ear out for abandoned Walmarts in Texas and Dixie, loads of entertainment. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

And here we go again with the question of all stats that don't fit your spin.

Am I allowed to state about 20k suspected deaths from covid vaccines have been reported to VAES?

Just stating they've been reported, not stating they are accurate.  Though IMHO .... IMHO ... IMHO ... suspect many are.  One lottery I prefer not to win, and won't win, if I don't play, or any of the other side effects of the vaccines, reported by member's experiences on this forum.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This time I got the right link! And I do not claim that it presents a strong case for not getting a vaccine, so please no abuse.

"A higher-than-usual number of cases of a type of heart inflammation has been reported following Covid-19 vaccination, especially among young men following their second dose of an mRNA vaccine, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday."

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/evidence-grows-stronger-covid-vaccine-link-heart-issue-cdc-says-n1270339

Personally, unless I had a heart problem I wouldn't worry about the covid vaccine. I was delighted to get 2 pfizer doses through my government hospital here in Thailand after the private hospital had to cancel several appointments.

And I've just come out or a 2 hour meeting in a ventilated room where I was wearing 2 masks as I always do.

I regard masks and vaccines very much as belt and braces. The masks do a good job in keeping it out of my system, and the vaccine does a good job in helping me to stay alive if anything gets through the mask.

Last year I spent a week in ICU here in Thailand (not covid related). It was the first time I had ever been in hospital for treatment in my life.

I do not recommend ICU to anyone, many people suffer PTSD afterwards - it's well documented. Fortunately I didn't get PTSD, but I did get vivid dreams that at the time I thought were reality - this is very common.

I'm sure a really invasive procedure with a ventilator for covid would be excruciating.

That's why I stay ultra safe. But I try not impose my views on other people.

Peace all. I've got drive now. Have a good day.

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2021 at 9:09 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

It seems that Everyone will now need regular vaccinations to be able to function in life .

An injection every six months in order to be able to live , or sit at home and starve or be jailed . 

This is in response to your claim that you posted truthful factual posts in this thread. If so, this is not one of them. Your makes no more sense than saying because the singly vaccinated (Jannsent not included) need to be vaccinated again after a month, that means they will have to be vaccinated monthly forever. In the same way, just because the doubly vaccinated need a booster after 6 months, that doesn't mean that those triply vaccinated will need a booster after 6 months. In fact, some early small studies showed that  the 3rd vaccination elicits a far stronger immune reaction that does the second inoculation. There are lots of vaccines that require 3 or even 4 inoculations to provide long term protection. That may also be the case for the Covid vaccines. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

But the results are already in that the jabs saves lives. Way more than the ones who would be effected by side effects.  No comparison.

How many young fit people have died of Covid , and how many young fit people have died of complications caused by the vaccine and being vaccinated ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thaicookingchef said:

Don't worry, those of us with a real functioning brain know that this is the only truth, but why are you still wasting your time to try to explain the propagandidiots ?

He wouldn't be if only he (or you) would post evidence to support your claims. Unlike yourself who seems to just ignore the massive preponderance of evidence put before you I do have an open mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And here we go again with the question of all stats that don't fit your spin.

Am I allowed to state about 20k suspected deaths from covid vaccines have been reported to VAES?

Just stating they've been reported, not stating they are accurate.  Though IMHO .... IMHO ... IMHO ... suspect many are.  One lottery I prefer not to win, and won't win, if I don't play, or any of the other side effects of the vaccines, reported by member's experiences on this forum.

VAERS is another thing quoted by anti vaxxers.  It's totally taken out of context.  Mod @Scott has a great reply to this.  I'll try to find it.  Simple to say, it's misinformation at it's worst.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not wanting to die of a heart attack after getting a vaccination , seems quite a reasonable reason for not wanting the vaccination, to me .

I don't consider that to be "crazy" 

Not understanding that the risk of dying from not being vaccinated is greater than the risk from being vaccinated doesn't seem rational at all.

Not accepting the data that show your risk of suffering heart damage is greater if you don't take the vaccine than if you do doesn't seem rational either.

And finally, focusing one's fear on fatal heart attacks as opposed to other ways that covid-19 can kill you also doesn't seem rational.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Probably, possibly not. 

Do you think Thailand has or even can, since mass testing isn't exactly done, is reporting the number of covid cases.  Which, many more have had & recovered from covid.

I get that Thailand hasn't always been forthright with info & numbers ... I get it.  But it's all we have to go on.

NOW PONDER THIS.  And we hear it repeated by the vax'd .... vaccines are 'safe & effective / FDA approved'   And that's a fact .... NOW.  Remember, the only people doing 'trials' to get approval and stating 'safe & effective' are the people making & selling the vaccines.  FDA and other acronyms, simply use their data.

Let's take a look at FDA's track record, of approving  .... then having withdrawn meds from the market.

Sorry, way too many to list, but here's a list of known .... oops by the FDA.  Kind of shakes my trust in them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_withdrawn_drugs

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Not understanding that the risk of dying from not being vaccinated is greater than the risk from being vaccinated doesn't seem rational at all.

Not accepting the data that show your risk of suffering heart damage is greater if you don't take the vaccine than if you do doesn't seem rational either.

And finally, focusing one's fear on fatal heart attacks as opposed to other ways that covid-19 can kill you also doesn't seem rational.

I prefer to catch the virus and then hopefully building up a natural immunity , rather than getting a vaccination 

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I prefer to catch the virus and then hopefully building up a natural immunity , rather than getting a vaccination 

Two things, we know already that omicron is infecting previously infected people and we also know that vaccination after infection gives a much stronger protection than natural immunity alone. Natural immunity is far from complete immunity. I would prefer the strongest possible protection.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How many young fit people have died of Covid , and how many young fit people have died of complications caused by the vaccine and being vaccinated ?

Have you got some numbers? Until then, there's this:

Is the Delta Variant Making Younger Adults ‘Sicker, Quicker’?

In Baton Rouge, La., young adults with none of the usual risk factors for severe forms of the disease — such as obesity or diabetes — are also arriving in E.R.s, desperately ill. It isn’t clear why they are so sick.

Physicians working in Covid hot spots across the nation say that the patients in their hospitals are not like the patients they saw last year. Almost always unvaccinated, the new arrivals tend to be younger, many in their 20s or 30s. And they seem sicker than younger patients were last year, deteriorating more rapidly.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/03/health/covid-young-adults-sicker.html

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You want to risking becoming ill with or dying from the disease so as not to become ill with or die from the disease? And you think that this is rational?

Edited by placeholder

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

You don't know anything, and don't speak for anyone.

Drop the 'we know' unless you're going to post links and your medical qualifications.

Stop spreading misinformation!

When information is public then by definition "we" know it.

11 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Probably, possibly not. 

Do you think Thailand has or even can, since mass testing isn't exactly done, is reporting the number of covid cases.  Which, many more have had & recovered from covid.

I get that Thailand hasn't always been forthright with info & numbers ... I get it.  But it's all we have to go on.

NOW PONDER THIS.  And we hear it repeated by the vax'd .... vaccines are 'safe & effective / FDA approved'   And that's a fact .... NOW.  Remember, the only people doing 'trials' to get approval and stating 'safe & effective' are the people making & selling the vaccines.  FDA and other acronyms, simply use their data.

Let's take a look at FDA's track record, of approving  .... then having withdrawn meds from the market.

Sorry, way too many to list, but here's a list of known .... oops by the FDA.  Kind of shakes my trust in them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_withdrawn_drugs

Thailand has admitted to under cases and deaths.  As have pretty much every other country.  Heck, many don't report at all.  So the numbers you use are not good.

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You don't know anything, and don't speak for anyone.

Drop the 'we know' unless you're going to post links and your medical qualifications.

Stop spreading misinformation!

So, If I were to state that energy equals mass times the speed of light squared, you could challenge me on the grounds that I'm not a physicist?

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You want to become ill with the disease so as not to become ill with the disease? And you think that this is rational?

I dont actually want to get Covid , but I realise I quite probably will eventually get it and I would prefer to get a natural immunity , rather than an immunity through a vaccination 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not wanting to die of a heart attack after getting a vaccination , seems quite a reasonable reason for not wanting the vaccination, to me .

I don't consider that to be "crazy" 

No, considering the chances of dying from a heart attack caused by the vaccine are infinitesimally small I consider that a lame excuse for getting jabbed.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I dont actually want to get Covid , but I realise I quite probably will eventually get it and I would prefer to get a natural immunity , rather than an immunity through a vaccination 

If you don't want to get covid, get the jab. The majority of us have would appreciate it if you did also.