Issuing free e-vaccine passports from 1-31 Dec 2021

snoop1130

1 hour ago, bstafford214 said:

What do I do if I don't have an ID card? I only have my Thais driver's license.

1 minute ago, Pib said:

Assuming you already have gotten at least one COVID jab in Thailand there should be a 13 digit number on the jab doc given you.  That 13 digit number is like a psuedo 13 digit Thai ID card number  you can use to register.  Or at least others have posted that method worked for them.  For me I registered with my Pink ID Card.

... dunno about the registration here really but I agree that vacc-ID should do the trick, I just used it successfully with Shopee ...

4 hours ago, Pib said:

Assuming you already have gotten at least one COVID jab in Thailand there should be a 13 digit number on the jab doc given you.  That 13 digit number is like a psuedo 13 digit Thai ID card number  you can use to register.  Or at least others have posted that method worked for them.  For me I registered with my Pink ID Card.

Thanks for reply here. Yes, I have received both jabs in BKK, thanks to the UK, British Chamber of Commerce and have my certificate.

6 minutes ago, Resident Alien said:

You clicked the box at the bottom "I hereby confirm that info provided is correct..."

There was an option to change your nationality.

What for? I definitely had my correct nationality listed! Having been caught in the past I always double check these sorts of things before "clicking" the go button.

49 minutes ago, bdenner said:

What for? I definitely had my correct nationality listed! Having been caught in the past I always double check these sorts of things before "clicking" the go button.

OK.

Option to request a new/updated e-cert is not available.

Talk to MorProm operator and get info updated if really need to.

3 hours ago, Resident Alien said:

OK.

Option to request a new/updated e-cert is not available.

Talk to MorProm operator and get info updated if really need to.

There are a number of people on other sites now reporting the Thai nationality thing.

Personally I don't care if this Certificate is acceptable or not as the Australian system accepted my Thai, Pfizer inoculation documentation and Issued me with an Australian International Certificate which I'm pretty sure will carry more weight anyway when it comes to travel.

• Like 1

I applied for mine on Monday afternoon, and my husband's on Monday evening. Booking date was the 9th for both. We both have the QR code that links to info similar to that posted by bdenner. But my husband also got an email with a PDF certificate. I did not. I do have a certificate from when I was vaccinated, but it's poorly printed and the QR code is too blurred to read. I suppose I can screenshot this new QR code, but I would rather have a new certificate like this.

image.png.1308b7cb95c7f9b2b183c990c2aa29ea.png

3 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

I applied for mine on Monday afternoon, and my husband's on Monday evening. Booking date was the 9th for both. We both have the QR code that links to info similar to that posted by bdenner. But my husband also got an email with a PDF certificate. I did not. I do have a certificate from when I was vaccinated, but it's poorly printed and the QR code is too blurred to read. I suppose I can screenshot this new QR code, but I would rather have a new certificate like this.

image.png.1308b7cb95c7f9b2b183c990c2aa29ea.png

You can create your own PDF document that looks like above....then print it out.  You said you got the QR code....so just got to the weblink contained within that QR code (probably best to use you computer) which pulls up the International Certificate like you see above.   Then save/printout the certificate.

I too got my International e-vaccine certificate....the QR code for it shows in my Mor Phromt app...it just shows in Mor Phromt app....I didn't get any email which included a PDF file of the certificate. 

But when I tap the QR code in Mor Phromt to see details I just get a white screen, but I do notice when I go back one page for a split second it flashes the certificate like shown above. 

So, what I did was do a screenshot of the International QR code, then imported/read it with a QR code app, then saved that link to my browser bookmarks.  Then I opened that weblink in my laptop which showed the International Certificate in all it's glory, I then saved it and printed it out on my color printer.

• Thanks 1

Ah, weird. Earlier the QR code didn't link to a certificate, just the list of information, like I can see in the App, but there's a certificate there now. Thanks for that!

Also, I wonder if I didn't get the email because of my email address. I used a Gmail for my husband, but a different domain for mine. That's been causing problems with the ThaiPass emails as well.

A lot of people think the QR code contains all the info shown on the certificate.  But all the QR contains is a weblink "specific to a person"....in this case to a Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) server.  When going to that website it not only retrieves your certificate but checks it for any corrections and probably most importantly "authenticates" the issuer which is the MOPH in this case. 

At the bottom is a screen capture of that retrieval and authentication process as I was retrieving my certificate from the weblink in the QR code.

And I also checked to ensure that weblink would work from another country...like being in the U.S. and some authority wants to see your international e-vaccine certificate maybe to issue you some doc, let you on the plane, let you in the country, etc.   I did this check by making a VPN connection to Dallas TX USA and also Los Angeles CA USA to see if the certificate weblink was reachable/if it would display---and it did.

Snapshot

image.png.07deae360f18bbbd6167dd6fffaedd06.png

Edited by Pib

I think a lot of the problem is that they are releasing QR codes that haven't been properly added to the system yet, so people are getting all sorts of weird results, blank screens, partial information, different formats, etc. If that happens, it seems like the system updates after a day or two and then you can just follow the link to the certificate, as it should be.

3 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

I think a lot of the problem is that they are releasing QR codes that haven't been properly added to the system yet, so people are getting all sorts of weird results, blank screens, partial information, different formats, etc. If that happens, it seems like the system updates after a day or two and then you can just follow the link to the certificate, as it should be.

The blank/white screen problem within Mor Phromt just seems to be a browser-type problem...whatever built-in browser the Mor Phromt app uses. 

When I use the Mor Phromt mobile app viewing the QR code is no problem, but when you tap the code which is suppose to display the certificate in all its glory all I get is a white screen, but press the go back one page button on the phone to get back to the QR code for a split second the it displays the certificate.

But if I paste the QR code weblink into the Chrome browser on my phone, the certificate displays in all its glory with no problem....no white screen.

I never had the white screen problem in the App. It always pulled up my data. Not a certificate exactly, but a list of my data and vaccinations. But at first, following the QR code just went to a blank screen (not a 404, the page loaded, it was just blank.) Later, it linked to a page that had most, but not all my data, but in a list, much like you get in the App. Now, it opens a proper certificate. Same QR code, same link. It's the page that's changed.

This didn't happen with my husband's account. From the time the QR code showed in the app, it linked straight to the certificate.

Just this morning I noticed this line in the original announcement:

"The QR code for the e-Vaccine Passport will be available within three working days after the request has been approved and can be scanned on the next day.".

When I received the PDF in email I forgot about the need to wait; tried the QR code right away and it failed. I've now tried it again and it works fine.

Do I need this e-Vaccine Passport , and what do I need it for?

Both me an my wife were fully vaccinated in the US about six months ago, (Pfizer) but received our third shot (moderna)  here in Thailand last week. Do we qualify for the e-Vaccine Passport ?

I tried to register on the Mor Prom app and entering 13 digit code and phone number then submit.  I get a message I,m not found in the database and to contact the hospital that jabbed  me.  It wasn't a hospital, I went to Bang Sue station.

I have a yellow paper certificate of vaccination with a QR code listing the dates and type of vaccination.

Is this enough?