New pick-up Ford RangerXLT, add shock absorber for a softer ride??

jumbo

17 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I think you run different tires on street or strip if you're at all serious. 

The reason I pay attention to the recommended pressure is because the vehicle seems to drive better when I do. If I left Isuzu service and did not notice how much worse it drove with 40 PSI than 30, I would not stop and let the air out. Of course if I was driving around a farm with the bead full of rocks I would leave it. 

That's one thing I like about about the 'tuna, I don't have to stop and deflate the tires after I have the oil changed. 

That's a fair call myself will not be buying another vehicle so when time comes I will have softer shocks fitted on the back. 

I run tyres softer than recommended because it does make a reasonable difference.

I run softer tyre pressures on my sportsbike because of road conditions too. 

22 hours ago, transam said:

Indeed it was, but it was in a controlled environment and very scary at the end of the strip. Street was 22/4 psi rear, strip was 10 psi rear......????

My point was, as yet, I have never seen a handbook state different brands of the same size tyres need different pressures. My ol' Vigo came from factory with either Michelin or Bridgestone, same psi.

I've never seen different psi on same size different brand tyre only on the tyre sizes.

You obviously would get change in psi according to the type of vehicle. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 5:13 PM, Cake Monster said:

I suppose it makes them look and feel Macho to ride in a Truck that they probably have never owned or driven before coming here.

Having seen some of the farangs that drive very large pickups in LOS, one could be forgiven for assuming that they are a substitute for a certain part of their anatomy.

Rather like the <deleted> that drive pickups with snorkel air intakes when it is obvious that their vehicle never ever goes off road, let alone gets into the mud.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Having seen some of the farangs that drive very large pickups in LOS, one could be forgiven for assuming that they are a substitute for a certain part of their anatomy.

Rather like the <deleted> that drive pickups with snorkel air intakes when it is obvious that their vehicle never ever goes off road, let alone gets into the mud.

Why don't you two who agree with one another bring your cars from your cosy cities and drive around my farm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Uh, they don't sell very large pickups in LOS as far as I know. I think it likely relates more to value. Three liter diesel, rear-wheel drive, 18" wheels & four wheel drive for less month money than a POC corolla. 

I've seen a lot of farangs here, but not being an expert (unlike you) I'm not able to comment on the size of the body part of which you speak.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Typically snorkel are fitted to 4x4's for water crossings when off roading.

In the Urban environment They are also handy for negotiating flooded soi's.

On 12/13/2021 at 3:30 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

What are you doing on the motoring forum...?  ????