Thailand moves closer to digital age - stops use of Thai ID and House Registration photocopies

webfact

2 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

This needed to change years ago.

Most of the important information they have on us is all held on computer and doesn't change from year to year.

The only photocopies you should have to submit evey year are for your financial requirements.

it sounds promising but as with many digital things in Thailand .. many times the left hand doesn't know or accept what the right hand does.. 
top quote some 
1) for instance a digital work permit is not accept to renew your driving licence ( old blue book yes). 2) many banks have an issue with digital copies too

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, billd766 said:

1) for instance a digital work permit is not accept to renew your driving licence.

An example for you.

Last Thursday I went to the DLT in Kamphaeng Phet to renew my 5 year driving licence. I took my passport, yellow house book, pink Thai ID card and old driving licence with me.

Two Thais who dealt with me turned it down because I didn't have a certificate from Immigration. They didn't have the right words to explain exactly what certificate they wanted. They also refused the doctors certificate because I used my pink Thai id card.

They wrote a note in Thai for me to give to Immigration. I showed it to my wife and she told me that I needed a certificate of registration of mt address. The fact that the address is on my yellow book, pink Thai ID card and driving licence was irrelevant to them. They MUST have the certificate from Immigration.

A simple question is where does Immigration get my address from? My yellow book, pink Thai ID card and driving licence is what I show and tell Immigration, 3 things I showed the DLT.

So this Thursday I need a new letter from the surgery, this time with my passport number on it, 100 baht (again) thank you very much. Passport and the letter from Immigration, plus I will also take my yellow book and pink Thai ID card.

I will ask them the same question.

Total ignorance at your DLT; in Chiang Mai they have been accepting Yellow Book for more than 10 years, beggars belief !

However; another small story.....this morning Wife wanted to redeem her Big C Points and they wanted her ID Card before they would do it....Crazy Country !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Total ignorance at your DLT; in Chiang Mai they have been accepting Yellow Book for more than 10 years, beggars belief !

However; another small story.....this morning Wife wanted to redeem her Big C Points and they wanted her ID Card before they would do it....Crazy Country !

Big C points?

Is this like Makro where you spend 100's of thousands of baht to get 1 x M150? lol.

The biggest problem is the 

abstinence from an uniform data networking between the individual authorities. Each office also has its own rules and, in some cases, its own forms. Organizationally, a single mess with countless paper copies of one and the same document.

It will probably be another 10 years before the authorities in Thailand will have a far-reaching and networked (functioning) digitalization.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shady86 said:

The paper factories and photocopy shops would not be happy with this news. 

I suspect a senior official has a paper recycling plant somewhere and is earning a golden nose. I cannot imagine that all the paper copies will be kept somewhere.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I've often wondered if that whole thing was just a "welfare with honor" situation, like the person who so carefully checks your receipt when exiting Makro.

This describes 90% of Immigration and 80% of all Thai government workers.

Not voting for red-shirts either!!

• Like 1