16C - How Low Can You Go

pgrahmm

14 hours ago, arithai12 said:

16C - How Low Can You Go

When I was half the age I am now, I was happily walking outside at -60C.

Now, I scream bloody murder below +20C.

I must have taken the wrong turn somewhere.

The body changes, the blood thins.

I've lived here most my life and physicallyvshake back in UK at 10C. Years ago would go out at night wearing a t-shirt at 0C

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Puccini said:

Having grown up with the International System of Units (SI), I would write temperatures as follows:

16 °C = 60.8 °F = 218.15 K

273.16K is the triple point of water and say you have 20C then on the Kelvin scale this is 273.16 + 20 = 291K. 218.15K = -55C or -67o F not 16C or 60.8o F????

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

My GF wants to know why all the cats have a sweater except the white one. She's a bit upset now and claiming it's not fair.

Snowy doesn't keep his on....

He's leaner, pretty active and loves attention without getting in the way or being annoying.....

He likes being his own guy... He's pretty independent....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Wow, I still needed my air con last night in KK.

We live right on the Phuphaman national park and 20 km's from Pu kradeng national park as the crow fly's so while it;s Khon Kaen it's not really.

Last night the temp was a bit higher so hopefully that cold snap has passed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

We live right on the Phuphaman national park and 20 km's from Pu kradeng national park as the crow fly's so while it;s Khon Kaen it's not really.

Last night the temp was a bit higher so hopefully that cold snap has passed.

Yeah, I hear you, it's very confusing there. You are near Pu Krateung, which is Loei, and also near Pu Kieow, which is Chaiyapoom, and also very near Nam Nao, which is Petchaboon! 

Colder there, I used to work in Pu Kieow national Park. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Foexie said:

Haaaa lovely cats but what the white with black taile done wrong for not getting an extra coat?

He sheds the coat more than the others....It actually surprises me how easily they accept & wear them....

He's the only cat that wasn't a baby kitten when he found us (came with a rental house) & he's a bit more independent than the rest....

The high humidity makes it feel colder than when it's 16C in Europe.

I live about 15km from you towards CM and lately the mornings have felt very chilly. No heating inside also makes it not so pleasant to get up from bed and shower. The usual shorts and t-shirt outsit is simply not enough until around 10am.

I'm enjoying it though!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bkksteve123 said:

The high humidity makes it feel colder than when it's 16C in Europe.

I live about 15km from you towards CM and lately the mornings have felt very chilly. No heating inside also makes it not so pleasant to get up from bed and shower. The usual shorts and t-shirt outsit is simply not enough until around 10am.

I'm enjoying it though!

Agree, I think it was close to 85% early one morning..... Adds big time to the chill factor....

I used to live in the sierras & would walk around in shirt sleeves on  20'F mornings outside with snow on the ground to break the ice up in the horse troughs or grabbing wood from the shed....Never bothered me or gave it a thought....

But, feeling it here....

Edited by pgrahmm
Spell ✔️ SUCKS
  • Like 1

I have a much wider temperature comfort range than the Thais in the village, I can tolerate both higher and lower temperatures than they can, perhaps because I grew up with the rapidly variable English weather with wild temperature swings in less than a day. Incidentally, my cats which I've had since they were born, have the same tolerance as me, no jackets for them. 

• Like 1

Am enjoying walks, gardening and sitting outdoors these days. It really is so pleasant. 

I do, however, hate it when people dress animals. Mother Nature never meant for them to wear clothes.