No lockdown, Omicron is under control: PM

webfact

"After it was asserted that the health authorities had the Omicron situation under control....................."

"No problem, the hot winds of Songkran will blow it away, and anyway, our Chinese friends will have a vaccine by then"

Deja vu, anyone?

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Virt said:

It might be under control at the moment, but if it spreads so fast as it does here, it's just as matter of time before Thailand will face a new wave.

Here in Denmark we're seeing more and more cases of omicron each day that has not been related to traveling in Africa.

We went from 18 cases Friday to 183 Sunday and i think we passed 300 yesterday. (EDIT. We're at 398)

We do test a lot more than other countries (200,000 daily PCR test in a 5.8 million population plus 100,000+ quicktests) and we sequence a lot so of course we catch more cases, compared to some other countries.

We're also starting to find the omicron in our sewer samples as well, so i don't think we're able to control it any more.

We might be able to slow down the spread, but it looks like it's going to take over the delta within a short time if the pace continue.

I will suggest Thailand to massively ramp up their PCR testing, if they want to keep track of the omicron variant.

It's the only way to know how widespread it is.

I don't know if Thailand do sewer samples, but they could do that too if they don't use that method now.

"I don't know if Thailand do sewer samples,................."

I know the ideal man for the job - "Minister A"!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Virt said:

It might be under control at the moment, but if it spreads so fast as it does here, it's just as matter of time before Thailand will face a new wave.

Here in Denmark we're seeing more and more cases of omicron each day that has not been related to traveling in Africa.

We went from 18 cases Friday to 183 Sunday and i think we passed 300 yesterday. (EDIT. We're at 398)

We do test a lot more than other countries (200,000 daily PCR test in a 5.8 million population plus 100,000+ quicktests) and we sequence a lot so of course we catch more cases, compared to some other countries.

We're also starting to find the omicron in our sewer samples as well, so i don't think we're able to control it any more.

We might be able to slow down the spread, but it looks like it's going to take over the delta within a short time if the pace continue.

I will suggest Thailand to massively ramp up their PCR testing, if they want to keep track of the omicron variant.

It's the only way to know how widespread it is.

I don't know if Thailand do sewer samples, but they could do that too if they don't use that method now.

Can you already say something about the amount of people that is serious ill from Omicron?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, peter zwart said:

Can you already say something about the amount of people that is serious ill from Omicron?

Amazing how these vaccines work to protect even with new variants they do not lose all their effectiveness, could that be one of the reasons that many cases in the developed world are mild?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coolcarer said:

Amazing how these vaccines work to protect even with new variants they do not lose all their effectiveness, could that be one of the reasons that many cases in the developed world are mild?

Nice to have your answer before the actual answer. You are fast.

12 minutes ago, sambum said:

"After it was asserted that the health authorities had the Omicron situation under control....................."

"No problem, the hot winds of Songkran will blow it away, and anyway, our Chinese friends will have a vaccine by then"

Deja vu, anyone?

Another two cases in Thailand found today, mentioned in another thread. From Nigeria