lazada rant

robblok

1 minute ago, Boomer6969 said:

Yes, some sellers record shipments as "packed" right away so that the order can't be cancelled. Sometimes they don't even have the goods ready and have to identify a suitable supplier.

We know that such practices happen and we have to weed out such dodgy sellers.

But I couldn't live without Lazada, and after 7 years that my level of satisfaction couldn't be higher, this is probably why I've never looked at Shoppee.

I still like lazada, but the shipping stuff is a minor annoyance. I could not live without it either. However recently installed shoppee as the app was now in English too and was amazed that they really had estimated delivery dates and truly said that its a pre order and would take so long. 

Its just that i like to know when i get stuff when i buy it. I mean a few days is ok. But just feel its false advertising. I mean if the shop policy (this was 3M official shop so quite trustworthy) they should at least mention this that they ship in 5 working days.

Had i known it i might have gone out and get it as it was minor stuff. Its also a minor rant but just a small complaint. For the rest im really happy with lazada. 

I will keep on using it but keep shoppee now it has an English app in reserve. 

Im still really happy with the options.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

But I couldn't live without Lazada, and after 7 years that my level of satisfaction couldn't be higher, this is probably why I've never looked at Shoppee.

Rabbit food I can get for 18bht/Kg on Shoppee, nowhere near that price on Lazada.

But for bigger items Lazada is the best, very few problems considering how much I order online.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

As one who uses both platforms (and have for years) find Lazada sellers generally much faster shipments than from Shopee as of late and totally hate the "pre order" (we order from overseas and then ship to you) con to show as a domestic shipment.  Much prefer the honest "overseas" notation of Lazada (but seems they no longer allow search for Thailand source (at least for what I have been buying).  The big thing is spam sellers at 4x to 10x normal price being allowed so any search has pages of computer generated seller names of same product at same price.

Maybe i was just lucky then with my first use of Shoppee. Anyway its not something that keeps me awake at night. Just like to know a good timeframe of delivery.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Maybe i was just lucky then with my first use of Shoppee. Anyway its not something that keeps me awake at night. Just like to know a good timeframe of delivery.

Having the delivery dates is good and in most cases delivery is much faster.  Recently have had issues with a shipping company used by both not being able to find address/telling porkies/sending needless SMS after bedtime/arriving with no item.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

That would not be a problem at all as long as they mention that on the site itself.

If you check the order you will see a notice at the bottom saying handed to logistics by a certain date usually the 5 days you mentioned .

My belief is they hold the order in case a Thai person orders it and they will then cancel your order (if it is the only one ) and send it to them . Had a few orders that were supposedly packed ready for shipping and the seller has cancelled my order and then i have had to wait up to 14 days for the refund . very frustrating but we are not more important than the locals .

Edited by keith101
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I had an order cancelled but not by me. Weird?

Ditto ... probably drop shipment, and vendor didn't know supplier was out of, not to be restocked in immediate future.  Happened a few times.

Or ... old listing and no longer wants to sell at that price.

• Like 1

I use Lazada every other day and yeah since covid has been a free for all. Stuff sitting in "packed" status for a week or more. No replies from sellers. Late deliveries although I kind of accept that due to covid and increased demands for deliveries. A lot of mis advertised stuff too. Usually not even about the money more the waste of time waiting, particularly when after a week or two they tell you they don't have it. I suspect a lot of these local Bangkok sellers are actually delivering from China or Chinese sellers themselves. As far as I can see Lazada take no corrective action against these sorts of sellers. Not their promprem. I read yesterday whatever the Thai govt department for fraud is stated online sales complaints up 50%

• Like 1

No real problems with Lazada orders. My problem is with the delivery company that many Lazada sellers use.

Name is 3 letters, starting with an 'L'.

I always pay COD. Many times this company says that they were unable to deliver and tried to contact me. I always check my phone, no missed call and no message from them. Then I'm told that they will contact me in the next 1-2 days.....It never happens. I've checked that they have the correct mobile number. and tried to contact them, but still no luck.

It doesn't happen every time but it's bl00dy annoying.

On the other hand, Shoppee......No problems. but they seem to use different delivery companies.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

No real problems with Lazada orders. My problem is with the delivery company that many Lazada sellers use.

I always pay COD. Many times this company says that they were unable to deliver and tried to contact me. I always check my phone, no missed call and no message from them. Then I'm told that they will contact me in the next 1-2 days.....It never happens. I've checked that they have the correct mobile number. and tried to contact them, but still no luck.

On the other hand, Shoppee......No problems. but they seem to use different delivery companies.

I have not had that issue with the 3 letter delivery but sure have with another (that seems to feel sending SMS after old folks bedtime is cool).  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

I've found Lex to be brilliant, always calls beforehand. I don't do COD anymore, just no need and potential non delivery if money isn't available when they deliver

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've found Lex to be brilliant, always calls beforehand. I don't do COD anymore, just no need and potential non delivery if money isn't available when they deliver

If you have a phone you can 'scan' to pay.

If we aren't home, my misses pays using her bank app, and they leave it with gate security.

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If we aren't home, my misses pays using her bank app, and they leave it with gate security.

Brit, do they all have this option because my beef with cod is having to find money. I usually have 1000bt bills or so but never the exact amount and they often dont have change.

I do have a bank app and use QR code a lot (but not for paying cod)

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I just leave money where the drivers can find it; usually under the scooter seat.  If expecting multiple deliveries, then taped to a column & under the seat.  Avoid any temptations for 'self tipping'.

Easy enough.

25 minutes ago, robblok said:

Brit, do they all have this option because my beef with cod is having to find money. I usually have 1000bt bills or so but never the exact amount and they often dont have change.

I do have a bank app and use QR code a lot (but not for paying cod)

I don't know why you would worry about COD unless it was a high value purchase or you didn't trust the seller. Do you actually open your stuff and check before you pay for it? If you are just doing COD because you are afraid of a no show don't worry as Lazada very good with returns or refunds. I have literally ordered hundreds of things through Lazada over the years and never had a seller try and scam me or something stolen etc. Had a few wrong items or small issues. If low value I throw it in the bin and chalk it up to experience. If not I make a claim and return it. Very simple. Just annoys me having to go to that extra trouble when the seller is clearly in the wrong but its all pretty easy these days. I think returns after approval can even be picked up from your home by Flash express, Lazada pays. COD just adds more stress to the transaction. Finding the right money, needing to be home when the delivery is done. Not worth it for me

Edited by Kenny202
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

As one who uses both platforms (and have for years) find Lazada sellers generally much faster shipments than from Shopee as of late and totally hate the "pre order" (we order from overseas and then ship to you) con to show as a domestic shipment.  Much prefer the honest "overseas" notation of Lazada (but seems they no longer allow search for Thailand source (at least for what I have been buying).  The big thing is spam sellers at 4x to 10x normal price being allowed so any search has pages of computer generated seller names of same product at same price.

Very good points - especially the absence of 'Local' supplier now. Real paininthearse.

4 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Very good points - especially the absence of 'Local' supplier now. Real paininthearse.

yeah I hate that you can't search only in Thailand anymore. Been like that for a few months. The option did come back for a week or so last month and then disappeared again.