lazada rant

robblok

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

We are no longer buying anything from lazada. We were using the site extensively until a relatively expensive item failed after two weeks of use , when i messaged the seller they said that they would not replace the item and that the Lazada policy was preplacement only for up to seven days after receipt, If I wanted I could send it to them and they will send it for repairs, when I asked how long that would take they said they did not know. Now I go buy locally, not only I am supporting my community, but if something goes wrong I go to the place I bought the item and take care of the issue.  I am done with Lazada!!

Actually would have found it a plus that seller even offered to obtain service for item - have found very few merchants in Thailand that accept goods for repair - you are directed to contact maker directly (even by some of the big boys).  Many of the sellers on platforms are the same local community people.  As for service 7 days is stated return policy and additional guarantees are normally outlined in product description but for most sellers they do not provide themselves or even assist unless so stated.  

15 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

I only order COD as they tend ship immediately because they want the payment.

If you pay in advance there is not any incentive for them to ship right away, as they have your money.

Have not found that to be true at all.  Indeed they (the actual sellers) do not have your prepaid money on Shopee until you advise receipt and suspect the same with Lazada (until they confirm delivery).  Having used both systems prepayment seems to be faster to me but suspect it is the same.

Edited by lopburi3

47 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually would have found it a plus that seller even offered to obtain service for item - have found very few merchants in Thailand that accept goods for repair - you are directed to contact maker directly (even by some of the big boys).  Many of the sellers on platforms are the same local community people.  As for service 7 days is stated return policy and additional guarantees are normally outlined in product description but for most sellers they do not provide themselves or even assist unless so stated.  

Yea I agree, consumer protection is non existent  in Thailand.

The item was an automatic Koi pond  feeder that I needed for when I travel, I could not wait for a month for it to be repaired, I had to buy another. Last time I buy anything of any substance from Lazada. A couple of weeks ago i bought a Bicycle locally, . A week later something broke, i took it to the shop and in twenty minutes they fix it , no charge.

15 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Yes you can. Lazada is there to police the sellers.

Of course you can tell me the length of a piece of string.

Lazada shuts them down and they come back under a different name. If you are desperate for a safety net, go to a store.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Have not found that to be true at all.  Indeed they (the actual sellers) do not have your prepaid money on Shopee until you advise receipt and suspect the same with Lazada (until they confirm delivery).  Having used both systems prepayment seems to be faster to me but suspect it is the same.

More to do with the seller than payment. I normally do cash on delivery but 2 weeks ago I bought 2 shower heaters, factory outlet on Lazada, paid by CC and they arrived following day.

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

We are no longer buying anything from lazada. We were using the site extensively until a relatively expensive item failed after two weeks of use , when i messaged the seller they said that they would not replace the item and that the Lazada policy was preplacement only for up to seven days after receipt, If I wanted I could send it to them and they will send it for repairs, when I asked how long that would take they said they did not know. Now I go buy locally, not only I am supporting my community, but if something goes wrong I go to the place I bought the item and take care of the issue.  I am done with Lazada!!

if something goes wrong I go to the place I bought the item and take care of the issue.

against my better judgement I bought a printer HP [3rd time had problems over the years with HP stuff]  from a big IT store, after a week took it back. so say they sent it back to HP for repair, months later got it back still did not work, this went on until the warranty ran out... 

So if something goes wrong it is pot luck if it gets replaced or repaired.

I haven't read all answers so apologies if this is just repeating what others have said.

I shop a lot with Lazada and have had an increasing amount of problems, including with delivery times.

My conclusions are that retailers have found people tend to avoid goods marked as  "shipped from overseas" (China), resulting in many sellers now not stating this. When something is marked as packed, but doesn't move again for many days, I'm certain it's  going through the China supply chain. 

On 12/11/2021 at 9:47 AM, scubascuba3 said:

why don't you just have the right amount ready? you know the delivery is coming within the hour so have cash ready.

Reminds of an American who got off a baht bus and expected to pay with a 1000 baht note

Agreed.  Lazada's confirmation of order email clearly states simple steps of what you have to do next, like they are writing to a 2 year old, including that you need to have exact amount ready for the driver.  And as others have said you have days to organise the cash before delivery so no excuse really.

I am a regular buyer on Lazada and my wife is a seller.  She uses Flash, who are excellent, after giving Best (what a joke) the flip.  Likewise for me, as a buyer, Flash always come through.  I wouldnt waste my time with Kerry, always problems such as often dropping my orders off where ever they like in the village (now I only use COD) or goods showing up crushed even though covered in fragile stickers.

On 12/10/2021 at 9:55 AM, Boomer6969 said:

Yes, some sellers record shipments as "packed" right away so that the order can't be cancelled. Sometimes they don't even have the goods ready and have to identify a suitable supplier.

We know that such practices happen and we have to weed out such dodgy sellers.

But I couldn't live without Lazada, and after 7 years that my level of satisfaction couldn't be higher, this is probably why I've never looked at Shoppee.

Lazada was fine for years for me but has got worse in just about every way possible over the last two years.

I looked at Shoppee's website, but it was dreadful so I just gave the whole thing a miss and am forced to still use Lazada.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 10:56 AM, Nojohndoe said:

Until very recently have been impressed by the speed of deliveries.

However the last two have stalled for 4 days at a final distribution center , no update status on Lazada, no direct chat on Lazada or Delivery Company.

Lazada used to have a chatline, they want you to think that they still have.

Now there is no one there and it is only a virtual chatline, absolutely useless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

Agreed.  Lazada's confirmation of order email clearly states simple steps of what you have to do next, like they are writing to a 2 year old, including that you need to have exact amount ready for the driver.  And as others have said you have days to organise the cash before delivery so no excuse really.

I am a regular buyer on Lazada and my wife is a seller.  She uses Flash, who are excellent, after giving Best (what a joke) the flip.  Likewise for me, as a buyer, Flash always come through.  I wouldnt waste my time with Kerry, always problems such as often dropping my orders off where ever they like in the village (now I only use COD) or goods showing up crushed even though covered in fragile stickers.

I did have a problem with Flash, they didn't bother calling me (Lex calls every time) and delivered to a different condo. I called the rider and at least he realised his mistake went back to pick up the package and brought it to me. COD would have avoided that problem

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 3:42 PM, Kenny202 said:

I suspect a lot of these local Bangkok sellers are actually delivering from China or Chinese sellers themselves.

I deal direct with Aliexpress and one of the things I have learned is to look at the figure of how many they have in stock - if its there and especially in the hundreds or thousands they are likely a primary supplier.

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you haven't got your package by the estimated delivery date what do you usually do?

My package is coming from China, it's reached Thailand, now radio silence and delivery date goes to tomorrow

I don't do anything except wait.  Not sure how you extend time in Lazada or if it a hard cutoff but in Shopee it simple click on web site to add few days.  With a little luck you will probably get it tomorrow.

• Like 1

I'm new to these Lazada flash sale things, can somebody explain how the prices work. 

E.g. I'm interested in buying this Philips Air Fryer... 

image.png.668c2458056707c3fbfb89c2f37ac08f.png

... But don't understand how I can get it for the 3,333 price... 

On other shop pages like Lenovo, I can see where I can claim various vouchers & on the main Lazada screen there was (gone now) vouchers for 10% off but can't understand how you can get from the 4,389 price (which is basically the everyday price they sell it for minus the packaging) to 3,333

Thanks

MTV  

30 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I'm new to these Lazada flash sale things, can somebody explain how the prices work. 

On other shop pages like Lenovo, I can see where I can claim various vouchers & on the main Lazada screen there was (gone now) vouchers for 10% off but can't understand how you can get from the 4,389 price (which is basically the everyday price they sell it for minus the packaging) to 3,333

Thanks

MTV  

Believe you just place order between the times indicated.  Before 8 PM

48 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Thanks

MTV  

It's on sale now, spendaway 

Screenshot_2021-12-12-18-31-24-17_39060a31215a48c7aaf1fb3368fa2e89.jpg

24 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It's on sale now, spendaway 

Screenshot_2021-12-12-18-31-24-17_39060a31215a48c7aaf1fb3368fa2e89.jpg

Yes but when you actually buy it, the price is b4,389....

image.png.c6e831c8d7990d6c4f210ac51ada66c7.png

I have been all the way through & ordered it and that's the price I end up being told to have ready (obviously I cancelled the order immediately). 

image.png.23beccbf615099665a38dacf5518e178.png

This is the one I tried at 00:02 during the 00:00-02:00 sale when the sale price was supposed to be b3,380 but the actual price came out at exactly the same - just feels like a big con so will avoid that seller (not convinced it's the "Philips Official Store" either...) 

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you haven't got your package by the estimated delivery date what do you usually do?

My package is coming from China, it's reached Thailand, now radio silence and delivery date goes to tomorrow

Packages from overseas really takes a lot of patience and time. I use Shopee more often, I can contact the courier easily with the tracking number.

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The sale was between 5pm and 8pm 

The same item was (alegedly) also on sale (for 3,380) between 00:00-02:00... 

image.png.f2ed899f76b37a4fcdebb7ee3b69df7b.png

... Hence my initial post where I was up at midnight ready to order, then online with their helpdesk until 1:30am trying to sort out my wallet. 

I did also try to buy it for 3,333 around 5:30 - 5:40pm & the price to pay came back as exactly the same  b4,389.

18 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

The same item was (alegedly) also on sale (for 3,380) between 00:00-02:00... 

image.png.f2ed899f76b37a4fcdebb7ee3b69df7b.png

... Hence my initial post where I was up at midnight ready to order, then online with their helpdesk until 1:30am trying to sort out my wallet. 

I did also try to buy it for 3,333 around 5:30 - 5:40pm & the price to pay came back as exactly the same  b4,389.

It's on sale again. 

Even better price than yesterday 

3170 baht after collecting voucher 

Screenshot_2021-12-13-14-30-18-52_39060a31215a48c7aaf1fb3368fa2e89.thumb.jpg.0a1c25925b88d10f2146dab5e15172c5.jpg

19 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Yes but when you actually buy it, the price is b4,389....

I have been all the way through & ordered it and that's the price I end up being told to have ready (obviously I cancelled the order immediately). 

This is the one I tried at 00:02 during the 00:00-02:00 sale when the sale price was supposed to be b3,380 but the actual price came out at exactly the same - just feels like a big con so will avoid that seller (not convinced it's the "Philips Official Store" either...) 

Odd coincidence, I just purchased an air fryer, 5.5l @1089bht, not Philips but a 3 year guarantee.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i357600815-s10528912764.html

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Odd coincidence, I just purchased an air fryer, 5.5l @1089bht, not Philips but a 3 year guarantee.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i357600815-s10528912764.html

That appears to be a Tefal type.  Have a Tefal and like it except not good for FF as no internal basket to remove fries without dripped oils.

17 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It's on sale again. 

Even better price than yesterday 

3170 baht after collecting voucher 

Screenshot_2021-12-13-14-30-18-52_39060a31215a48c7aaf1fb3368fa2e89.thumb.jpg.0a1c25925b88d10f2146dab5e15172c5.jpg

Sorry for being thick (I've never bought anything from the "Sales" before) but how do I get the vouchers to take it down to 3,1750.50?

I can collect a 15% discount voucher & a 100thb voucher but this only brings it down to 3,700.50, is there a voucher that I'm missing?

Thanks... 

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I see a drip tray ...........

Untitled-1.jpg

Yes it drips below but to remove you have to pick each piece out - fine for meat and chicken but not so good for chips.  If you take tray out and try to empty the screen will fall out and any oils will get all over the places as sides are open for air flow.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Yes it drips below but to remove you have to pick each piece out - fine for meat and chicken but not so good for chips.  If you take tray out and try to empty the screen will fall out and any oils will get all over the places as sides are open for air flow.  

I reach in with the tongs, grab the drip tray and lift it out with the chips on top.

I thought that was normal (if not elegant).

Edited by BritManToo