lazada rant

robblok

43 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I don't know why you would worry about COD unless it was a high value purchase or you didn't trust the seller. Do you actually open your stuff and check before you pay for it? If you are just doing COD because you are afraid of a no show don't worry as Lazada very good with returns or refunds. I have literally ordered hundreds of things through Lazada over the years and never had a seller try and scam me or something stolen etc. Had a few wrong items or small issues. If low value I throw it in the bin and chalk it up to experience. If not I make a claim and return it. Very simple. Just annoys me having to go to that extra trouble when the seller is clearly in the wrong but its all pretty easy these days. I think returns after approval can even be picked up from your home by Flash express, Lazada pays. COD just adds more stress to the transaction. Finding the right money, needing to be home when the delivery is done. Not worth it for me

I never use it, only am considering it as some people say it ships faster. But normally i all pay ahead and never have any problems. But if it would help faster shipments and one can pay with QR then im all for it. If it makes no difference then i wont use it. I never have problems.

57 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

why don't you just have the right amount ready? you know the delivery is coming within the hour so have cash ready.

Reminds of an American who got off a baht bus and expected to pay with a 1000 baht note

Eh maybe because i order lots of things and usually have several packages under way you. So I dont know what is coming. Plus id have to go to a store to change money and such as i almost never use cash anymore. 

Just like you said I dont expect to be able to pay with a 1000, so id have to always make sure i got smaller money and i just don't use cash that much.

always clicked on 'Local' before that option vanished .....

Ordered  something Thursday said shipped from overseas, oddly arrived fine yesterday. Less than 24 hours after ordering it !  arrived with a guy on a old motorbike..

Always order for years Fish food 20 kg and from another seller Dog food 20 kg, mostly always arrives within 24 hours..... last New Years eve ordered more Fish food, shocked arrived New Years day, maybe was the shop staff ? arrived in a Honda City..

Live out in the sticks...........  always pay COD..........  Funny ? ordered something on July 3rd a week later got a message sorry out of stock will send as soon as new stock arrives... Monday this week out of the blue the item arrived..

6 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

Shopee is better and cheaper

Think a lot of people don't use it because it used to be in Thai language only

It translated fine using Google but being better or cheaper is not always true anymore - in fact it has become very hard to find low priced items on that platform as they allow spam sellers (using dozens of names ) to post 4 to 10x normal price and also allow pre order as a con for items not stocked and ordered from overseas.  But together they are normally good value if you are very careful to search and read everything.

34 minutes ago, norbra said:

When selecting a link to a chosen Lazada item from Google search I dont enjoy being dumped in Lazmall or Payday pages where you have to navigate to their search box to then repeat your previous Google search details

That the other annoying thing with them. They have so much of their own spam and pop ups within their own app it, screen jumping around all over the place in an effort to make you click on something you don't want makes things even more difficult to find. A bit like another app / website we are all using right now ????

I have found the search engine within Lazada also rubbish. What I often do now if I am looking for something particular is do a google search and often the thing I was looking for comes up in shopping / Lazada. No rhyme or reason. Same search keywords in English or Thai are in the description and exactly what you searched for within Lazada app or website but no results. Maybe google has a better translate algorithm? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

It translated fine using Google but being better or cheaper is not always true anymore - in fact it has become very hard to find low priced items on that platform as they allow spam sellers (using dozens of names ) to post 4 to 10x normal price and also allow pre order as a con for items not stocked and ordered from overseas.  But together they are normally good value if you are very careful to search and read everything.

That's a Chinese tactic. They seem to exploit and pollute everything. Its the same when you go to a big market, or somewhere like MBK in Bkk. You start to notice all the stalls have the exact same stock at the exact same price apart from a few that are inflated, to give you the illusion you are getting a bargain. Then you realize they are all the same owner.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I don't know why you would worry about COD unless it was a high value purchase or you didn't trust the seller. Do you actually open your stuff and check before you pay for it? If you are just doing COD because you are afraid of a no show don't worry as Lazada very good with returns or refunds. I have literally ordered hundreds of things through Lazada over the years and never had a seller try and scam me or something stolen etc. Had a few wrong items or small issues. If low value I throw it in the bin and chalk it up to experience. If not I make a claim and return it. Very simple. Just annoys me having to go to that extra trouble when the seller is clearly in the wrong but its all pretty easy these days. I think returns after approval can even be picked up from your home by Flash express, Lazada pays. COD just adds more stress to the transaction. Finding the right money, needing to be home when the delivery is done. Not worth it for me

how about damaged items? or from China? what happens with those?

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Eh maybe because i order lots of things and usually have several packages under way you. So I dont know what is coming. Plus id have to go to a store to change money and such as i almost never use cash anymore. 

Just like you said I dont expect to be able to pay with a 1000, so id have to always make sure i got smaller money and i just don't use cash that much.

pay in advance then, it's not as if the item is more likely to arrive if you pay COD, i understand the seller gets paid the same time whichever payment

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

how about damaged items? or from China? what happens with those?

It depends on the value. Usually under 200 baht providing you show photos of damage they will right off and refund to you. Have had this twice now. More expensive items Lazada will pick up or you return to Kerry / Flash. Kerry and Flash can print off a return sticker for you. I don't know if they return the goods to China or what they do but not your problem if the goods were poorly packed or damaged.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

pay in advance then, it's not as if the item is more likely to arrive if you pay COD, i understand the seller gets paid the same time whichever payment

I pay in advance but someone mentioned that COD would result in faster delivery. So the seller only gets paid once delivery is complete. They dont get paid before delivery so lazada holds the money till delivery is completed if you pay in advance. I did not know that. 

OK have issue now with Lazada of low value item from Thailand not received but delivery service says it was delivered.  Sender say it marked as delivered and will not take action except to advise 'if really missing' using Lazada App (which do not have).  Lazada says if do not accept proof of delivery (a drawn circle) to use app to claim missing item (and has taken a lot of effort to even find that information).  Seem there is no way to make a claim with real computer.  Obviously any more being treated as a thief or effort seems counter-productive for small value item.  ????

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

I pay in advance but someone mentioned that COD would result in faster delivery. So the seller only gets paid once delivery is complete. They dont get paid before delivery so lazada holds the money till delivery is completed if you pay in advance. I did not know that. 

It would make sense but I doubt its true. Most of the slow deliveries I get from Lazada are due to the inefficiency of that 3 letter companies delivery service not the seller. I don't know if you have noticed lately but when you check tracking last few months the seller may have packed the item and there will be a message "your item will be picked up and dispatched within 2 or 3 days". In all fairness a lot of these items are low value and should the seller send, pack and deliver with a normal more expensive company it would probably make their items uneconomical. So they pool all their deliveries at a lower price through Lazada 

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

OK have issue now with Lazada of low value item from Thailand not received but delivery service says it was delivered.  Sender say it marked as delivered and will not take action except to advise 'if really missing' using Lazada App (which do not have).  Lazada says if do not accept proof of delivery (a drawn circle) to use app to claim missing item (and has taken a lot of effort to even find that information).  Seem there is no way to make a claim with real computer.  Obviously any more being treated as a thief or effort seems counter-productive for small value item.  ????

As annoying as it is, particularly where you are not in the wrong, you will have to make some small effort yourself. This is Thailand and you can imagine how many people would be claiming non delivery if it was that easy to get away with. Did you have a good look around the front of your place? Our drivers often toss the item over the fence or leave it on the gate post. The only item I ever thought was a no show I found in the back yard. Dried sausage skins for sausage making. My dog nicked the package, ripped it open and had strewn them all over the back of the house. Other than that with hundreds of deliveries I have never had someone claimed an item was delivered when it wasn't

8 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

As annoying as it is, particularly where you are not in the wrong, you will have to make some small effort yourself. This is Thailand and you can imagine how many people would be claiming non delivery if it was that easy to get away with. Did you have a good look around the front of your place? Our drivers often toss the item over the fence or leave it on the gate post. The only item I ever thought was a no show I found in the back yard. Dried sausage skins for sausage making. My dog nicked the package, ripped it open and had strewn them all over the back of the house. Other than that with hundreds of deliveries I have never had someone claimed an item was delivered when it wasn't

In my area the delivery folk take a photo of the delivery..

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 10:03 AM, MJCM said:

Absolutely correct !!!

I had it already happen a couple of times, that the seller set it as packed, but they didn't even have the stuff. I had to wait till the delivery date had expired for Lazada to automatically cancel this! Annoying!!

The problem is that they do not have an option for the seller to say on order.

Yes it upsets me too and I cancel when they do that

2 hours ago, robblok said:

id have to go to a store to change money and such as i almost never use cash anymore. 

There's an easy answer to that, get some small denomination notes from the ATM, you don't have to withdraw multiples of B1,000.  I always withdraw Bx,900.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

57 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

COD, if it's not delivered, you haven't paid.

17 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There's an easy answer to that, get some small denomination notes from the ATM, you don't have to withdraw multiples of B1,000.  I always withdraw Bx,900.

Im not that stupid (i do that too), but at the rate i buy stuff it would be gone soon. I just don't go out and spend cash that much. So ill keep pre paid, thought that cod would be faster but it seems its not true. Besides if its paid for the security guy in front of our home can take for me. (in the rare occasion im not home)

On 12/10/2021 at 9:34 AM, robblok said:

I was always quite happy with lazada, i still am for the most part. However

I'm a complainer and always liked lazadas email support but this has disappeared, just a BOT now, stupid idea, it sends you in a loop. 

So I'm more careful what I buy making sure I pay by credit card, Kasikorn bank has been very helpful getting refunds for me in the past. 

eg. I bought 2 identical refrigerators for 2 identical condos I bought a few years back, the vendor sent me the one I ordered and another which was larger in size (useless), the vendor would not change for the same I originally ordered. I went to the Kasikorn customer service at my local branch filled out the the forms and a few weeks later my money was refunded. 

BTW, I still have the fridge I didn't want so now have a nice beer fridge outside, my friends that come see me think it's great, helping themselves to my beers if I'm not home. 

Does anyone have an email address for lazada complaints? 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

41 minutes ago, pookett said:

When you come across a seller with immediate pack but not sending out for several days or more, simply drop a bad review on the seller with a short comment " Very slow dispatch". 

If I read that on the reviews I would choose an alternative...

it's a pity you can't leave a review if a seller cancels an order because they have no stock

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 9:34 AM, robblok said:

That would not be a problem at all as long as they mention that on the site itself. They don't mention is and give a fast delivery time but their policy does not match the delivery time.

I do not think that is true, if not delivered within the timeframe, the order is automatically cancelled. Happened to me a few times.

Lazada policy cannot cover supplier failings.