lazada rant

robblok

On 12/10/2021 at 10:12 AM, Kildonan said:

Still use Lazada, but always COD. 

C.O.D on Lazada is an <deleted> if goods prove to be faulty and have to be refunded. The refund gets put in a wallet and then nothing but trouble in getting refunded. Farang cannot have wallets.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

C.O.D on Lazada is an <deleted> if goods prove to be faulty and have to be refunded. The refund gets put in a wallet and then nothing but trouble in getting refunded. Farang cannot have wallets.

I made nearly 1000 orders on Lazada. Only last week did I have my first issue, an order over 9000 Baht. The seller failed to deliver, although I paid with credit card...

Lazada were great IMO. They suspended the seller, then erased them. They refunded my money to Lazada Wallet, it was trivial to cash it out to my bank account. Took less than 12 hours to appear in my account.

I'm a farang.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Thanks 1

On 12/10/2021 at 9:55 AM, Boomer6969 said:

Yes, some sellers record shipments as "packed" right away so that the order can't be cancelled. Sometimes they don't even have the goods ready and have to identify a suitable supplier.

We know that such practices happen and we have to weed out such dodgy sellers.

But I couldn't live without Lazada, and after 7 years that my level of satisfaction couldn't be higher, this is probably why I've never looked at Shoppee.

The 'packed' thing is obviously a stall tactic. But 'weeding out' the deceptive sellers is a fool's errand. Many of these shops have several different account names and list items at different prices. Buying from a different store name doesn't necessarily mean a different store.

Like you I have been ordering from Lazada for several years and been burned a few times, but generally satisfied.

Here are my operating rules:

Don't buy anything over a few thousand baht that you can write off.

Don't ever believe the stated delivery date. It will come when it comes, or not at all. If timing is crucial buy it locally

Only buy COD. If it never comes all you lost is time. Also, if you feel used or tricked just refuse delivery when it comes.

Expect to be scammed/burned every few months.

Read reviews before you buy focusing only on the bad reviews as these are the most likely to be genuine.

Write reviews, good & bad, to help others.

Use the return policy even for cheap goods if they are useless. Often you get a refund without even sending the product back. If you do send it back just print the return label and drop it at 7-11; nearly all of them will accept it and you don't pay shipping.

Don't get overly bent about the process when it fails because it won't/can't change and it's not worth the stomach acid.

Edited by RocketDog
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

It's not Lazada that are selling the stuff, it's a huge lot of individual merchants, using different shipping companies for delivery. Always check the sellers reliability/ratings score for shipping etc. before ordering...????

On 12/10/2021 at 10:21 AM, robblok said:

I will never do COD even if its faster, just hate having to have money ready. Its ok for incidental things but if you regularly order stuff its a headache to keep track of what to pay. They often have problems with change.

Thats why I scan to pay. No cash, just a straight tranfer on my doorstep.

Perhaps my wallet is active because I have a True Money Wallet AND my Krungsri credit card linked to the Lazada account. . . but to say farangs can't have the wallet is just plain wrong. It's also wrong to say they force you to spend the balance on Lazada, I have cashed out to my bank account multiple times. It is what it is, and I am what I am i.e. a farang.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Perhaps my wallet is active because I have a True Money Wallet AND my Krungsri credit card linked to the Lazada account.

I  believe it's something to do with having the app?

Just bought an iron off Lazada and it was 20% off if using Lazada Wallet. As a foreigner I’d been denied access to the Wallet feature for quite some time. It now requires you to scan your passport on your initial purchase but then it works. Nice to have it back.

4 minutes ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Perhaps my wallet is active because I have a True Money Wallet AND my Krungsri credit card linked to the Lazada account. . . but to say farangs can't have the wallet is just plain wrong. It's also wrong to say they force you to spend the balance on Lazada, I have cashed out to my bank account multiple times. It is what it is, and I am what I am i.e. a farang.

Yes its wrong as I have a lazada wallet and its active. There was a time farangs could not have a lazada wallet but that changed. I pay everything through the lazada wallet really easy.

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I  believe it's something to do with having the app?

I think you might need the app for some documents and pics to be send to them. But I got the wallet, makes refunds a lot faster and easier.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I do not think that is true, if not delivered within the timeframe, the order is automatically cancelled. Happened to me a few times.

Lazada policy cannot cover supplier failings.

I am not blaming lazada. I mean the sellers also write down how long it takes to deliver stuff. No you cant blame lazada for the suppliers doing naughty things.

I quite like Lazada and have had very little problems over the past few years. What annoys me more is the lack of communication with Lazada other than with the seller via the web chat. Customer service is really lacking in this respect.

Just now, IvorBiggun2 said:

Yes you can. Lazada is there to police the sellers.

Sure and they will help in most cases. I have always had excellent support just cancelled an order because it was way over the delivery date. No problems from lazada. What i mean is that its not Lazadas fault if sellers are late.

I don't see a problem (whinge) I found that most things from Lazada that are in stock in Thailand get delivered within 7 days sometimes in  3 days .

Anything from outside Thailand will take 3 to 4 weeks.

No problems if you know all that.  ????

On 12/10/2021 at 10:38 AM, keith101 said:

If you check the order you will see a notice at the bottom saying handed to logistics by a certain date usually the 5 days you mentioned .

My belief is they hold the order in case a Thai person orders it and they will then cancel your order (if it is the only one ) and send it to them . Had a few orders that were supposedly packed ready for shipping and the seller has cancelled my order and then i have had to wait up to 14 days for the refund . very frustrating but we are not more important than the locals .

Go COD, then no problem? 

On 12/10/2021 at 3:11 AM, BritManToo said:

Rabbit food I can get for 18bht/Kg on Shoppee, nowhere near that price on Lazada.

But for bigger items Lazada is the best, very few problems considering how much I order online.

I'm confused.....

Is it......food for rabbit.....

Or.........food of rabbit.....

?????

First case it's something the rabbits will eat.....

Second case you will eat the rabbit.....

????

9 hours ago, digger70 said:

I don't see a problem (whinge) I found that most things from Lazada that are in stock in Thailand get delivered within 7 days sometimes in  3 days .

Anything from outside Thailand will take 3 to 4 weeks.

No problems if you know all that.  ????

I've had China things turn up in a week, never possible with AliExpress

We are no longer buying anything from lazada. We were using the site extensively until a relatively expensive item failed after two weeks of use , when i messaged the seller they said that they would not replace the item and that the Lazada policy was preplacement only for up to seven days after receipt, If I wanted I could send it to them and they will send it for repairs, when I asked how long that would take they said they did not know. Now I go buy locally, not only I am supporting my community, but if something goes wrong I go to the place I bought the item and take care of the issue.  I am done with Lazada!!

• Like 2

Edit: Have used the App to enable my Wallet, it involved uploading a picture of my passport (which I'm not too happy about) & taking a selfie - it was remarkably easy as they automatically scanned/completed all the details from the passport page - I'm impressed, but now I remember why I don't use the App, The font is so small I can't see anything!!! 

..... The Joys of Shopping on Lazada Saga... 

Ordered a pair of (over ear) headphones & the seller sends the wrong (inner ear) model so after getting no joy from them I enter the Lazada refund process (paid CoD)... 

Have to wait 5 (or was it 7) days while the (95% approved with 1,000s of ratings) seller just ignores every thing until it's automatically decided that I can return it (NB I sent a pic of the product I received & Stevie Wonder could have seen the difference, hadn't even opened the product packaging as it was so obvious that it was the wrong model).

So I return it & wait 5 (or was it 7 days) for the seller to approve the return - again, the seller seemed to just ignore things until I was automatically given a refund to my "Lazada Wallet". 

Up to now I'm not bothered about it at all, it's just a minor inconvenience, so I stayed up till midnight last night wanting to buy something from the Philips official Lazada site that was allegedly discounted by 25% (it wasn't at all) & so at 11:50pm start to get my refund ready to offset against it...  and that's where the "Farang Having a Wallet" fun began (NB the Lazada website clearly says that Non-Thai's cannot have a wallet "

Apologies

Due to regulations, Lazada wallet is now open for Thai citizens only.

"... but per edit above you can enable it via the App).

Spoke with one agent who offered to have it transferred to vouchers if I would send him a copy of my passport - I don't do this unless I believe people need to see my passport & Lazada doesn't, so he sends me some forms to have the money transferred to my bank account which to do, you need to activate your Lazada Wallet!

Spoke to a 2nd agent who offered to send me the same forms, I politely pointed out that I would get the same result so he offered to transfer the money to my bank account if I would send him, via email, my passport & bank book - Nah, not doing that.

At the end of my chat with him (I was remarkably polite seeing as it's 1:30am by this time) I asked if I could register my Wallet against my GF's Thai ID & he said yes... & then I could request a refund to my bank account from her Wallet - TiT ???? 

I don't know why Amazon doesn't just come into Thailand & clean up...

P.S. Does anybody know where I can buy a pair of Plantronics Backbeat Fit 350s (not 305s ???? )... Maybe I'll give Shoppe or AliExpress a whirl (have avoided them as I've always been happy with Lazada).

Edited by Mike Teavee

On 12/10/2021 at 10:19 AM, Issanman said:

I have noticed the same thing about the shipping dates. Once they claim that your package has been packed and is waiting to be picked up, then you no longer have the option to cancel the order online. The orders that I pay for up front are quite often claimed to be packed and waiting days for pickup by courier.

I have decided that I will order most everything by COD in the future. It seems to me that the COD orders usually ship right away. I have more options in my favor with COD. 

I only order COD as they tend ship immediately because they want the payment.

If you pay in advance there is not any incentive for them to ship right away, as they have your money.

• Like 1