PM urges people to take caution against COVID-19 during holiday trips

snoop1130

3eb0b49c830c343da888f6076f8689e9_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The prime minister is keeping up to date with the development of the COVID-19 situation during the current long weekend and is urging people to remain vigilant and to keep up their guard against all variants of the disease.

With the Constitution Day public holiday falling on a Friday this year and with the government having implemented the We Travel Together tourism promotion scheme, a large number of Thais are expected to go on trips during this long weekend. Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha is urging holidaymakers to rigorously observe COVID-19 prevention measures during their trips after patients infected with the Omicron variant of coronavirus were found in Thailand. According to the prime minister, lapses in a caution against the disease must be avoided despite many people in Thailand having already been inoculated against COVID-19. He urged everybody to keep observing prevention measures such as wearing face masks, avoiding crowded areas, keeping social distancing, and washing hands regularly.

Gen. Prayut elaborated that holidaymaking will be safe if everybody follows the established public health measures. He added he was satisfied with the overall outbreak situation, which has been improving. He also said he was pleased that more than 50% of Thais are now fully inoculated, and with the fact that many venues are now SHA-certified for tourists. The premier said these positive developments will foster confidence for tourists as well as reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading. Gen. Prayut also believes the said positive developments will contribute to an invigorated long weekend that starts today (10 Dec).

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Would that be the Holidays all those Unemployed people won't be going on ?

I fail to see your point, if they don't encourage people to go on holidays and spend, what do you think will happen to the balance of the hotels that a hanging on with a string, not to mention shop owners etc etc.

It's unfortunate that people have become unemployed since this pandemic, no ones fault, but if the government doesn't keep doing things to improve people to go on holidays while waiting for international travellers to come back, there will be a hell of lot more unemployed.

Unemployment is a fact of life, but they have to stimulate the economy so taxes are paid and the money moves on.

I am doing my bit taking advantage of the We Travel Together offer with the wife and kids to spend money so it goes into other peoples pockets so they can remain being employed through businesses remaining open.

Like I said, I don't see your point.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My strategy to avoid covid is to make the shape of a cross using my two index fingers and utter the words "be gone thee satan covid!" 

It worked for the 15th century Jesuits to scare away the devils, goblins and witches so I fail to see why it won't work for me. 

It was proven science then and apparently remains so.

• Haha 1