Will Non O extension based on Thai daughter aged over 20 still eligible ?

Hello, if my Thai daughter will reach 20 next few years, I am intrigued to know what will happen to my non-o extension based on Thai daughter.  It would be good to prepare in advance in case my extension will be declined in that circumstance.  I would very much like to know if anyone has experienced being declined or will the immigration officer tolerate that?  For example I would prefer to support my daughter for university fees rather than putting the additional 400K to make 800K retirement visa. Appreciate any opinion or informal advice.      

There is nothing in the immigration order for a extension based upon being a parent of a Thai that states any age limit.

But some offices have refused them if your child is over 20. 

The extension is not to support your child and you will always be their parent.

This is what the order states in clause 2.18.

"(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year.
In case the father of mother requests to be under maintenance of children, the age of father or mother must be 50 years of age or over.
For other necessary cases, the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Immigration Bureau is granted the authority to make decisions regarding approval on a case-by-case basis."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In this case, what kind of documents must be provided to the I.O. and specifically a similar deposited fund is required? If yes, should it be in the parent bank account or in the child account? Thank you.

On 12/11/2021 at 2:08 PM, ubonjoe said:

In case the father of mother requests to be under maintenance of children, the age of father or mother must be 50 years of age or over.

1 hour ago, Svadhistana said:

In this case, what kind of documents must be provided to the I.O. and specifically a similar deposited fund is required? If yes, should it be in the parent bank account or in the child account? Thank you.

I do not know what would be required. I have seen no reports about what was needed. You would have to ask immigration about it appears.