90-day report failure because of incorrect overstay stay

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

But at least you are not rejected due to some old outdated or incorrect info when trying to start a report.

No, apparently a person is rejected days later due to some old outdate or incorrect info.

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I prefer the quick rejection, leaving time to mail in.

But you would not be rejected until a person reviewed your report submittal to reject it as I wrote before. It would at least be for a valid reason.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

But you would not be rejected until a person reviewed your report submittal to reject it as I wrote before. It would at least be for a valid reason.

The part about "....a valid reason...." is probably a stretch. 

I'm sure they have some reason...like maybe showing me on a 1,000 days overstay but still doing 90 day reports.   I'm doing my best to give them my current address so they can come arrest me.   ????

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I seem you to recall you stated you mailed in a report.

Any chance if you sent one that it was rejected due to your report being done already,

Maybe....anything is possible, but I doubt it. 

My past mail-in reports have been processed/approved on the due date of my current report.  I send the reports in by EMS to where they arrive approx 12-14 days before the due date.  The latest one arrived 3 Dec/a Friday at 3:12pm.  Then the reports just seem to set until they are processed/approved on the due date as the receipt shows the date & time of processing/approval.   

Before CW use to process/approve my mail-ins a few days after they were delivered, but for the last year or so they just set on them for approx two weeks and then process/approved them on the date of my current report....at least I don't lose any time. 

Then it seems it takes another 3-4 weeks for receipt to arrive my mailbox.  Once again, they now seem to set-on approved reports for a few weeks before actually return mailing them (maybe they do bulk mailings once every week or two), because I'm not believing it take 3 to 4 weeks for an envelope to go across Bangkok even under recent/current COVID impacts.    Total turn around time 4 to 6 weeks with only about 2 days of that being my EMS in-transit time.

So, if CW is following past-practice they probably haven't looked at my current mail-in report other than to put it in a "to-do 17 Dec stack of paperwork" which is still two days away.   But for my 3 Dec online report they rejected it 9 Dec....and my 2nd online submittal was on 9 Dec which is still in Pending status....wouldn't be surprised if it stays in Pending status like forever.

Yeap....anything is possible.   But I'm guessing whatever mystery reason that prevented me from submitting reports on the older web and mobile app reporting systems is the same mystery reason that's causing rejection after submission on the new system.   Summary: my online reports gets rejected after submission on the new system instead of can't even submit on the older systems.

On 12/14/2021 at 12:16 PM, ubonjoe said:

I think the new site will eventually eliminate a lot of the problems people are having now.

I have seen no report of one being rejected when it was submitted like the old site does. The rejections have occurred after the report was received by the local office with no reason give. I have suggested people to take copy of the report rejection to their local office to find out why it was rejected.

I did this yesterday at Jomtien. I had planned to push for an answer.

But unfortunately it was super busy! I have never seen it that way before. So all I was able to do was get a casual inquiry away to which the pleasant young lady suggested that she hadn't seen this problem of rejection because of overstay before. 

Also they are now managing the 90-day reports outside, under a big canopy on the right-hand side in the carpark, and they did not require any paperwork apart from my passport.

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I prefer the quick rejection, leaving time to mail in.

Thats a valid point. 

I do the same process every time with the previous online process.

The mail in envelope is all done on standby for posting. Not difficult as all the photocopies are returned by CW along with blank TM47.

14 days prior to due date I try online comfortable in the fact that it won't work.

I then walk to post office for the EMS mailing option.

To have online application pending won't work for me. 

22 hours ago, HampiK said:

I also had the problem with overstay in the old system. So today I tried the new system (reporting date 30.12.2021) 16 days early.. 
But I received an approval after only 15 minutes (system data entered 18:05, approved 18:20 on 14.12.2021) 
New receipt till 14.03.2022.

I am double surprised firstly as I have done it 1 day too early and second I was expecting a rejection as I had problems before with the overstay message in the phone app (old system browser was report to immigration or something like that)...

Can I asked since you had a problem with the old system and you tried with the new system have you done an extension of stay?

Cheers

4 hours ago, 1 said:

Can I asked since you had a problem with the old system and you tried with the new system have you done an extension of stay?

Cheers

No, my next extension will be in February.
And I filled the field "permit to stay date" with the February next year!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pib said:

Maybe....anything is possible, but I doubt it. 

My past mail-in reports have been processed/approved on the due date of my current report.  I send the reports in by EMS to where they arrive approx 12-14 days before the due date.  The latest one arrived 3 Dec/a Friday at 3:12pm.  Then the reports just seem to set until they are processed/approved on the due date as the receipt shows the date & time of processing/approval. 

I think there is very good chance that your online report was rejected due to your report by mail had already been processed. They could be post dating the report so it shows your new date to report is 90 days after your current one is due.

On 12/15/2021 at 10:08 AM, Pib said:

I submitted my 1st report to CW on the new system 3 Dec and on 9 Dec I got a rejection....no reason given.   This submission was 14 days before my current report due date.

So, on 9 Dec I "resubmitted" just to see what happens and as of the morning of 15 Dec it's still in Pending status.   

UPDATE: After 7 days my 9 Dec resubmitted report was rejected this afternoon/16 Dec.  No reason given for the rejection on the email notice or when checking online.   Just like no reason given for the first report submitted on 3 Dec and rejected on 9 Dec.

Although I have also mailed in my report I expect the online attempts on the new system was disapproved for the same mystery reason that always prevented me from even being able to submit a report on the older web and mobile app reporting systems as I would just get a "....report to your local immigration office...." type response when trying to submit the first page of data.   Most likely just some data issue with my record that prevents online reporting on the older systems and the new system.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pib said:

UPDATE: After 7 days my 9 Dec resubmitted report was rejected this afternoon/16 Dec.  No reason given for the rejection on the email notice or when checking online.   Just like no reason given for the first report submitted on 3 Dec and rejected on 9 Dec.

But admit it, the successful "Registration" procedure was oddly satisfying. At least I found it so - something, albeit fleeting actually worked, as do most who seem to love sharing that thrilling aspect of this new "system(-ic failure)".

But I'm optimistic they'll eventually get this working reliably, before most of us pass away.

Whoever thought that replacing a broken system with an equally broken system was a good idea is, well supremely thai.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

But I'm optimistic they'll eventually get this working reliably, before most of us pass away.

I'm afraid I subscribe to the old classic ...."A leopard never changes it's spots".

Is it that damn hard to have a simple registration process work. 

@Pib thanks for the update.

The delay in result is a deal breaker for me.

I rely on instant rejection 14 days prior to due date so I can dash to post office a EMS away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

@Pib thanks for the update.

The delay in result is a deal breaker for me.

I rely on instant rejection 14 days prior to due date so I can dash to post office a EMS away.

Yeap, since my two reporting attempts with the new system to 6 to 7 days to get reviewed (and rejected), if a person waited that long before mailing their report they would end up with the report not arriving in time (at least 7 days before the due date for a mail-in) since you waited around 7 days before mailing and EMS will take two days within Bangkok....we are now up to 9 days leaving only 6 days till the due date....a day late for mail-in reporting purposes at some immigration offices. 

However, over the years I have mailed reports to CW to intentionally arrive just a few days before the due to prevent losing time (when CW use to process/turnaround reports ASAP) and CW always processed them, but normally put a red letter stamp on the receipt saying/implying I mailed the report late....stop doing that!!!   

Of course you could always mail-in a report the same day you submit an online report, but then you are just creating additional workload, cost, and possible other issues. 

Unless they can actually process "all" online reports within 3 days each and every time which would leave a person 12 days to get their report mailed in, a person pretty much just needs to use mail-in or report in person.  Just write-off the online reporting system as pretty much useless to many....and for others only working for them sometimes.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 7:37 AM, ubonjoe said:

At least it was a rejection after the application was accepted. Now you just need to find out why it was rejected. Of course that might require a trip to immigration.

Bangkok immigration has this posted on their Facebook page. Perhaps try calling them.

229625909_382411313299691_561869875791053741_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_eui2=AeEz8-QKeBgczPmV4Vd3To-ZmTZO9Wz4PtSZNk71bPg-1L6aI4AnTM9fHjIv-1KT2MTEzLqkjyqLoeyYxyXbHP27&_nc_ohc=gzKI1N2EqoMAX9tOb6E&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-1.xx&oh=00_AT9GcGnoTBC68JO_IynvSqTRMjQNToLQIO2wT1Ydp-xZPg&oe=61BD5CC1

I called above number a few days ago....got a rep on the 2nd try..  But since yesterday thru this morning/17 Dec after about a half dozen attempted calls I just get a recording saying the "number is not possible to reach right now."   Don't know if that means the number is busy or they have shut down the number maybe due to too many calls.

16 minutes ago, Pib said:

I called above number a few days ago....got a rep on the 2nd try..  But since yesterday thru this morning/17 Dec after about a half dozen attempted calls I just get a recording saying the "number is not possible to reach right now."   Don't know if that means the number is busy or they have shut down the number maybe due to too many calls.

I got the same message when I tried. Since that is a mobile number I suspect it has been turned off.

From Wiki. image.png.b65bdb791cc35962ebaed29252118fe6.png

15 hours ago, Pib said:

Unless they can actually process "all" online reports within 3 days each and every time which would leave a person 12 days to get their report mailed in, a person pretty much just needs to use mail-in or report in person.  Just write-off the online reporting system as pretty much useless to many....and for others only working for them sometimes.

Until folks start reporting 95% success from Bangkok I'm resigned to filing by mail. Other than addressing the envelopes, no small task BTW, it's fairly simple. They return all the documents, so just add a new TM47 (just one change to the PDF), the current receipt, return envelope stamped EMS with 3x15 baht stamps, and a short walk to the post office. Fairly stress-free.

Would I like to return to the days of olde, when I successfully used the "old" system a dozen times? Sure.

39 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Until folks start reporting 95% success from Bangkok I'm resigned to filing by mail. Other than addressing the envelopes, no small task BTW, it's fairly simple. They return all the documents, so just add a new TM47 (just one change to the PDF), the current receipt, return envelope stamped EMS with 3x15 baht stamps, and a short walk to the post office. Fairly stress-free.

Bangkok does not enforce the mailing in the report 14 or 15 days before. That has been confirmed many times before. If they receive it 7 days before that is real rule for mailed in reports it will be accepted. Wait a few days and send it by EMS so it gets there the next day.

42 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Would I like to return to the days of olde, when I successfully used the "old" system a dozen times? Sure.

I could have copied your post verbatim re my own experience and attitude.

Slight difference is that CW also includes blank new TM47. As  soon as I receive my receipt with all the photocopies etc ...I fill out the new TM47, new envelopes etc and all set for next short walk to PO.

Having said that, I plan to keep eye on threads re the "new system. Hopefully online success will become the norm

4 hours ago, Pib said:

Back when my effort to use the "new" reporting website was rebuffed at the beginning of the month, I tried calling that mobile number for MTT for the better part of a whole morning on a regular business/working day, and never got any answer. I just assumed it was/is a dead number.

BTW, what the heck is Immigration doing using a mobile number for that kind of official business, as opposed to a regular 02 land line?

I called at 2pm and got a rep right off the bat.  I explained I had submitted two reports online...one on 3 Dec which was rejected 9 Dec with no reason for rejection given and then I resubmitted on 9 Dec which was again rejected on 16 Dec with no reason given.   I asked "why" are my reports being rejected?  

The rep thinks it because their system show my report was due 17 Oct.   I told the rep that was my last report due date but when doing my annual extension of stay in mid Sep the immigration officer approving my extension also did a new 90 day report which gave me a new due date of 17 Dec.  The rep said there system just shows the 17 Oct due date and I'm overdue.  Then I repeated my due date is 17 Dec and I have the receipt to prove such.  

I also asked if the system show my report that I mailed in via EMS and which CW/MTT signed for on 3 Dec....the rep said she did see anything and I should visit MTT with my receipt and ask them to look into the problem. 

I would bet money that today CW will process a new 90 day report for me, not because of the phone call today, but based on the report I mailed in which they received 3 Dec and was due 17 Dec.  For past mail-ins although CW receives them around 12-14 days before the due date they don't seem to process them till the due date of the current report...or, at least that's how it's been working for me over the last year.

I'm still interested in getting some face-time with the MTT folks....ask them face-to-face why my online reports on the new system are being rejected.  Maybe early next week I will visit MTT....but for the last few days and today I'm busy painting around the house.  Obviously it's due to some error in their database.   I never could submit a report on the other/older web and mobile app systems as those system would just say I must visit my local immigration office after trying to submit a report...never could submit a report.  The new system does let me submit a report, but the report(s) is later rejected.

Ok, back to my fence painting.  

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

BTW, what the heck is Immigration doing using a mobile number for that kind of official business, as opposed to a regular 02 land line?

I don't care whether it's a landline or mobile line....I just want them to answer the durn phone.

I expect it may be easier for them to quickly get a new mobile number up-and-running in comparison to a new landline "if they wanted a completely new number for customers to call."   

Plus, a mobile number allows more mobility for whatever immigration rep (probably a trainee) that gets stuck with answering the phone.  A landline number would most likely be at a certain cubicle/desk, but a mobile number could be used most anywhere....put the rep out in the parking lot under a tree with the mobile phone to answer customer calls.

On 12/17/2021 at 2:30 PM, Pib said:

I called at 2pm and got a rep right off the bat.  I explained I had submitted two reports online...one on 3 Dec which was rejected 9 Dec with no reason for rejection given and then I resubmitted on 9 Dec which was again rejected on 16 Dec with no reason given.   I asked "why" are my reports being rejected?  

The rep thinks it because their system show my report was due 17 Oct.   I told the rep that was my last report due date but when doing my annual extension of stay in mid Sep the immigration officer approving my extension also did a new 90 day report which gave me a new due date of 17 Dec.  The rep said there system just shows the 17 Oct due date and I'm overdue.  Then I repeated my due date is 17 Dec and I have the receipt to prove such.  

I also asked if the system show my report that I mailed in via EMS and which CW/MTT signed for on 3 Dec....the rep said she did see anything and I should visit MTT with my receipt and ask them to look into the problem. 

I would bet money that today CW will process a new 90 day report for me, not because of the phone call today, but based on the report I mailed in which they received 3 Dec and was due 17 Dec.  For past mail-ins although CW receives them around 12-14 days before the due date they don't seem to process them till the due date of the current report...or, at least that's how it's been working for me over the last year.

I'm still interested in getting some face-time with the MTT folks....ask them face-to-face why my online reports on the new system are being rejected.  Maybe early next week I will visit MTT....but for the last few days and today I'm busy painting around the house.  Obviously it's due to some error in their database.   I never could submit a report on the other/older web and mobile app systems as those system would just say I must visit my local immigration office after trying to submit a report...never could submit a report.  The new system does let me submit a report, but the report(s) is later rejected.

Ok, back to my fence painting.  

UPDATE:  Today/20 Dec 2021 I went to the MTT (Bangkok) 90 Days Address Reporting Section to see if I could get any specifics as to why both of my reports done on 3 and 9 Dec were rejected with no reason(s) given.    And if a specific reason can be identified (like a database error for my record) can MTT fix the issue?  

All I can say is the 4 hr 30 min it took me to make this trip (2 hr 30 min at the MTT immigration office consisting of 2 hr 25 min queue time and only 5 minutes talk time with the immigration officer plus another 2 hr roundtrip travel time in terrible Bangkok traffic) ended up with me not finding out any specific reason for the rejections.   

The immigration officer said he knew a lot of people were getting rejections on the new system but didn't know any specifics....the officer said the new system is being worked by another section--I took that to mean the IT folks had lead.   Basically he could not help me regarding the rejects...and I got the feeling that he truly couldn't offer any guidance...that's why my time with the officer was only around 5 minutes....the officer simply couldn't help with the online system problem.   

When the officer looked into their system he couldn't see any issues with my record and also said my mail-in report they received on 3 Dec had been processed/approved on 17 Dec.  The officer gave me an unsigned print-out of the approved report saying it appeared the original was mailed back to me today/20 Dec....and I should give it 20 days to arrive my mailbox.  

When I looked at the unsigned copy it showed it was processed/approved at 3:20pm on 17 Dec which was the due date of the report.  As I mentioned in an earlier/another post for the last year or so my mail-in reports have not been processed by immigration until the due date of the current one although they received the report 10-12 days earlier. 

Yeap....pretty much a wasted 4.5 hours, but at least I was able to confirm my mail-in report had indeed been received (just like EMS tracking showed) and processed/approved.  Over the years I have discussed with CW/MTT immigration officers face-to-face regarding not being able to submitted/get approved an online report on any of their systems.  And all three discussions pretty much resulted in zero.  Looks like I'll continue to do mail-in reports....maybe give the new system another try after I renew my passport in mid 2022, get my visa/extension stamps transferred, and do one more in-person 90 day report just to ensure I have done all I'm suppose to do.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 6:33 PM, Pib said:

As ubonjoe mentioned, I don't recall anyone else getting presented such a message on the new system...that is, not being able to at least submit the report.    Maybe they have already began doing  software updates to the new system which does additional screening while submitting where before maybe no screening occurred other than making sure mandatory fields were completed.   If we do start seeing more such reports as yours, I expect system software updates have began to occur over the last few days. 

The message you were presented on the new system is basically the message I got presented on the other/older website and mobile app...never could get past the initial page of submitting a report...would tell me to visit my local immigration office.

In mid Sep 2021 is also when I extended my marriage extension of stay at CW and the IO also did a new 90 days address report for me. My current report still had around 6 weeks left on it, but the IO did a new one anyway.   This was the first time (or maybe the 2nd) over a dozen or so years the IO did such....all other times the IO never offered to do a new 90 days report while processing an extension.  

Did the same thing in Chiang Mai with the Imm office in Oct where they set up a new 90 reporting at Jan 2nd 2022.  I am still in my "under consideration" period with the stamp to be done on Dec 28th for extension due to marriage.  I just went to use the mobile app to renew my 90 days and get the overstay message so can't progress pass the 1st page.  Question is do I actually use the date I last entered Thailand (8/31/20) in the app or the extension date or ? date?  Never had a problem reporting with the app before this.  Also, does CM immigration want to see a copy of my updated bank book when I go to get the extension stamp?  Thanks all!

Edited by DrPhibes
Content

37 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

I just went to use the mobile app to renew my 90 days and get the overstay message so can't progress pass the 1st page.  Question is do I actually use the date I last entered Thailand (8/31/20) in the app or the extension date or ? date?  Never had a problem reporting with the app before this.  Also, does CM immigration want to see a copy of my updated bank book when I go to get the extension stamp? 

Many people are having the same problem with the app. Apparently one of the systems that immigration uses is creating that problem. It has nothing to do with what you entered. You always use the date you last entered the country.

I use the app and after I did my extension it still showed the old date when opened the app but I was able to submit my report and it changed to the correct date that I entered when I completed the report.

The new website for 90 day reporting does not have the same problem since it does not have a check before completing and  submitting the report. Try registering on it and do your report. https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

I have read posts by people using Chiang Mai immigration being able to do their report and getting them approved that were unable to do them online or on the app due to the overstay problem.

I am not sure if CM wants your book or not. Most offices would tell you they want it when you do the application. If not sure it might save some time to update your bank book before going to immigration.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Many people are having the same problem with the app. Apparently one of the systems that immigration uses is creating that problem. It has nothing to do with what you entered. You always use the date you last entered the country.

I use the app and after I did my extension it still showed the old date when opened the app but I was able to submit my report and it changed to the correct date that I entered when I completed the report.

The new website for 90 day reporting does not have the same problem since it does not have a check before completing and  submitting the report. Try registering on it and do your report. https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

I have read posts by people using Chiang Mai immigration being able to do their report and getting them approved that were unable to do them online or on the app due to the overstay problem.

I am not sure if CM wants your book or not. Most offices would tell you they want it when you do the application. If not sure it might save some time to update your bank book before going to immigration.

Unfortunately mine failed because overstay issue as I previously had on the old app. I'm hoping to do my extension before my next 90 day report and maybe that will solve the problem. ????