Eight Omicron cases confirmed in Thailand so far, three others await confirmation

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Guess the 5 hour hospital queues and the 500,000 bookings yesterday in the UK to get a booster prove that more and more people believe qualified scientists warnings not basement keyboard conspiracies.

We aren't going to get a handle on this pandemic until the world is fully vaccinated.

The 5 hour hospital queues and 500,000 bookings are probably made up of those who believe everything Boris says, and those who don't want to be stopped from going into night clubs. 

And if the world needs to be fully vaccinated, why aren't those 3rd booster vaccines going to poor countries with low supplies? Two jabs are enough to prevent severe illness from Covid for a long period. T cells and immune memory seem to be long lasting from the two jabs. The booster jabs are only needed to reduce infection rates. 

"Vaccine effectiveness against symptomatic infection from the Omicron variant of the coronavirus is likely to be much lower than against earlier variants, but they may still offer substantial protection against severe disease, a new analysis suggests."

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/vaccines-appear-weak-blocking-omicron-infection-shots-may-reduce-long-covid-2021-12-13/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Today, Boris the clown (and I actually quite like him) stated the UK had had it's first 'with' covid Omicron death.

Now I surely am not the only one seeing through this scare scenario. 

No age given of the dead person. No stating of previous health issues, no stating if the person caught it on their death bed suffering from final stage cancer, an electric scooter rider run over by a bus, a 400kg man with heart disease, an 80 a day smoker with lung disease, a 102 year old pensioner.....................

Total political scare mongering of the public by ALL the politicians.

Want to give the facts, fine we are all ears, but give is all the facts, not the ones you think will just scare people. 

I've had three jabs, i support the vaccines roll outs, but heavens stop the nonsense scare mongering

Spot on. I was just about still with them up until the story about this mystery one death from Omicron. I don't like that kind of deceit, and it's given me second thoughts about getting the booster (I probably still will). 

Scare tactics don't go down well with the majority of Brits. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The 5 hour hospital queues and 500,000 bookings are probably made up of those who believe everything Boris says, and those who don't want to be stopped from going into night clubs. 

And if the world needs to be fully vaccinated, why aren't those 3rd booster vaccines going to poor countries with low supplies? Two jabs are enough to prevent severe illness from Covid for a long period. T cells and immune memory seem to be long lasting from the two jabs. The booster jabs are only needed to reduce infection rates. 

"Vaccine effectiveness against symptomatic infection from the Omicron variant of the coronavirus is likely to be much lower than against earlier variants, but they may still offer substantial protection against severe disease, a new analysis suggests."

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/vaccines-appear-weak-blocking-omicron-infection-shots-may-reduce-long-covid-2021-12-13/

Two vaccine doses won’t protect from Omicron infection, Oxford study finds

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Macrohistory said:

Yesterday our TVF epidemiologists  where telling us that it was the BBC and Boris Johnson telling porkie pies and trying to scare people about the threat of omicron.

Better now add the World Health Organisation.to that list. Let's see what diversionary tactics and fake science our TVF epidemiologists employ today.

Screenshot_20211214-183005.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

That's what I said. Two jabs are enough to prevent severe illness. The boosters are to slow infection rates.

From the study

"The data offers no indication of protection from severe disease, but shows two doses will not be enough to prevent Omicron infection in most people."

• Like 2

On 12/14/2021 at 3:58 PM, Danderman123 said:

The politicians have no control over future mutations of the virus. 

It seems that you believe there is a grand conspiracy of politicians worldwide with scientists to induce people to vaccinate forever, as if they all have something to gain from people vaccinating.

The reality is that this epidemic is indeed tiresome, but most adults can handle it. 

Too bad most politicians cant????

On 12/14/2021 at 2:15 PM, richard_smith237 said:

It has already been announced in numerous outlets that this latest variant of concern; Omicron, is calculated to be 4x more contagious than the Delta variant of concern which itself is more contagious than previous variants (by how much I don’t recall).

There have been thousands of new variants already. 
It is only specific variants which are termed ‘variants of concern’ due to their characteristics. So, no, a new booster will not be required for ‘every new variant’. 

Variants of concern are called such because they are, well, of concern & can / may be able to evade detection & vaccines, cause more severe symptoms, or are just a lot more contagious.

It is possible that the Omicron variant evades ‘older’ vaccines (i.e as the antibodies diminish) and is more contagious meaning there is a far greater risk of spread than with previous variants and thus a greater risk of antigenic drift into a variant which causes more severe symptoms. 

A response is needed to slow down any virus which is so easily transmitted & has the potential to evolve into something more serious. 

You neglect to mention that they also say it has the same effect as common cold or flu????

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

So some anonymous caller to a radio station says the guy who died was an unvaccinated conspiracy theorist. Not exactly solid evidence is it? 

However, assuming that the story is true (and that's a massive assumption) then the guy was 70 years old and unvaccinated. 

Either way, I think I'll wait for a confirmed story before I dust off my Hazmat suit and hide behind my sofa based on someone calling a Radio phone in. Most of the callers are kooks anyway. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

As solid as some of the claims made by you! 

All my claims have been backed up with links to either statistics or expert opinions. If you click on the links they will open and then you can read the content and try to understand it (bar charts aren't really that complicated so you should be OK with most of it).