The best country for expats to relocate to has been named

ezzra

On 5/5/2022 at 6:02 PM, Tony125 said:

There are  a lot of expats in Mexico  because  it's cost of living is lower and they can drive there and easily get back to US for health care  or other reasons. Forget the Drug Cartels you can't even trust the police down there.

They Beat Him to Death': Tijuana Police Officers Accused of Torturing U.S. Resident

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/they-beat-him-to-death-tijuana-police-officers-accused-of-torturing-us-resident/ar-AAWTrwU?li=BBnb7Kz

Yeah, screw living in Mexico

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Does this make it better for you?

Welcome to Portugal, the new expat haven. Californians, please go home

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2022-05-12/california-expats-portugal-relocation-lisbon

The above is an EXCELLENT well balanced article and is about a lot more than Californians in Portugal.

The "Fox" version is deliberately butchered to highlight maximize demonization of blue state California. Because that's how they roll. 

As far as understandable resentment of California transplants I reckon it's much more severe in Boise Idaho than Lisbon. 

I've been there myself experiencing hostility driving around with California plates for several months in a new red state residence. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The above is an EXCELLENT well balanced article and is about a lot more than Californians in Portugal.

The "Fox" version is deliberately butchered to highlight maximize demonization of blue state California. Because that's how they roll. 

As far as understandable resentment of California transplants I reckon it's much more severe in Boise Idaho than Lisbon. 

I've been there myself experiencing hostility driving around with California plates for several months in a new red state residence. 

Have you made a decision yet as to where you are going to move/relocate to ?

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't intend to leave Thailand unless I absolutely have to. I have posted this MANY MANY times.

Isn't that a bit like a married guy spending a lot of time on dating sites looking at other women?

4 hours ago, Grecian said:

Isn't that a bit like a married guy spending a lot of time on dating sites looking at other women?

Thailand doesn't offer people on retirement extensions anything like a marriage license. So the answer is NO.  The status of such people on NON-immigrant retirement extensions offers limited temporary status with no path for upgrade even after decades living in Thailand. 

18 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Does this make it better for you?

Welcome to Portugal, the new expat haven. Californians, please go home

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2022-05-12/california-expats-portugal-relocation-lisbon

not worth my time to answer, @Jingthing did a great job.... by any chance are you from California ???? 

under consideration for ignored list   555

Edited by Mavideol

55 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

not worth my time to answer, @Jingthing did a great job.... by any chance are you from California ???? 

under consideration for ignored list   555

Been to many US states but not California. I simply sent the 2nd article which was from the LA TIMES since you dismissed the 1st article I posted because it was from " Fox News ". Fox simply reprinted the article from the La Times except they abreviated it somewhat. I don't dismiss  reports from Fox,CNN, Yahoo because they are usually only rehashing/reporting news from other more respected sources, not makimg up their own.

Edited by Tony125
spelling

47 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Been to many US states but not California. I simply sent the 2nd article which was from the LA TIMES since you dismissed the 1st article I posted because it was from " Fox News ". Fox simply reprinted the article from the La Times except they abreviated it somewhat. I don't dismiss  reports from Fox,CNN, Yahoo because they are usually only rehashing/reporting news from other more respected sources, not makimg up their own.

No.

Fox edited it to emphasize their toxic divisive bias.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony125 said:

I do dismiss all and any reports from Fox and /or from it's affiliates, Tucker Carlson comes to mind and similar to LA Times, been there done that as I lived in California for over many years.... and once again @Jingthing had the perfect reply

Edited by Mavideol

On 5/23/2022 at 7:12 PM, Jingthing said:

Maybe this can be of use for some readers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 7:27 PM, Jingthing said:

I don't intend to leave Thailand unless I absolutely have to. I have posted this MANY MANY times.

even if they raise the songthaew price for dirty foreigners to 30 baht? ????

On 5/23/2022 at 2:11 PM, whereyougo said:

Australia and canada are for the rich. EVERYTHING is crazy expensive except for wine and cheese

there's good money to be made in Straya if you're willing to work mate 

2 hours ago, whereyougo said:

Sold my marketing company and retired here at 42. Crazy money thank you oz

nice one mate. I love Australia, it gave me the leg up to retire at 50. but geez it's boring compared to where I'm at now. Lumphini, Bangkok with Patpong a stone's throw away ????

ps. I chose to come live in Thailand because it's "sanuk" so the nightlife is just the icing on the cake. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 2:46 PM, Jingthing said:

No.

Fox edited it to emphasize their toxic divisive bias.

Associated Press Article

Armed groups swarm through city in southern Mexico

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/armed-groups-swarm-through-city-in-southern-mexico/ar-AAYuJD5?li=BBnbfcL

That's in a tourist area  ---- total homicides in Mexico last year ( per article)  36,000+