What Booster To Get For 2 Shots Pfizer?

Chris.B

6 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

What boosters are good for 2 shots Pfizer. Also what availability upcountry?

I'd inquire locally, and/or provide you province here for more focused info.

When did you get your second Pfizer?

Right now, my best guess is Pfizer 1X or Moderna 1X for a booster to those with Pfizer 2X.

So far Pfizer boosters for Pfizer 2X needs clarity. Yes, Pfizer boosters are available for other vaccinations.

Given the recent push this may change (daily).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chris after 2 shots Pfizer, I'm looking for a 3rd booster, of Pfizer - Moderna is an alternative but in that case it should be only a 50% dose.

The consensus of what I've seen is that Pfizer is an effective choice and also, there's a lot around Thailand atm - I'm in Chantaburi and it seems to be all they've got !

Good luck.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

Chris after 2 shots Pfizer, I'm looking for a 3rd booster, of Pfizer - Moderna is an alternative but in that case it should be only a 50% dose.

The consensus of what I've seen is that Pfizer is an effective choice and also, there's a lot around Thailand atm - I'm in Chantaburi and it seems to be all they've got !

Good luck.

So, as I have a Moderna dose already booked, can two people share that as boosters? Or is half the bottle wasted?

Your comment about Pfizer availability is interesting. As far as I am aware, Thailand has only received 1.5 million doses of Pfizer from the USA so far. How comes it is being spread so far? It's a bit like the miracle of the 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish! ????

Edited by Chris.B
  • Sad 1

Chris - was that a donation from the USA ? Anyway I guess Thailand has had a lot more than 1.5 million doses of Pfizer.

Found this again from the UK's NHS website : "Studies have shown that you only need a half dose of Moderna to boost the immune system well. This half dose of Moderna is expected to have low rate of side effects including myocarditis."

Yes one full dose of Moderna should make 2 boosters - you'll have to check they are on the ball. I'm going to stick with Pfizer if I can as my body seemed to tolerate it OK.  ATB

42 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

As far as I am aware, Thailand has only received 1.5 million doses of Pfizer from the USA so far. How comes it is being spread so far? It's a bit like the miracle of the 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish! 

re: Pfizer, the government ordered 20 mm doses, all for delivery in 2021. I think ~ 14 mm have been delivered to date, but I don't follow this very closely.

And another 30 mm for 2022, Q1 & Q2.

• Like 1

I got my 2 Pfizer jabs at Medpark and asked them about a booster. They didn't say which I'd get but assuming it would be a 3rd pfizer.

"As per Ministry of Public Health, mRNA Vaccine needs 6 months interval for booster queue....we only follow MOPH program for the vaccine."

I had both Pfizer doses in Australia and have the appropriate certificate. However when I went to Bang Sue two weeks ago they told me they weren't doing boosters yet and also didn't want to know about my Australian Certificate. What they did do however is administer my 'first' Thailand Pfizer dose and booked me in for a second (fourth which I won't take) due about now. I wonder how many others have experienced the same situation?

Edited by Woodsie888
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Changes for booster timing announced 13 Dec 2021.

Yes, but the initial focus is on those with sinostuff or AZ 2X (or some combo).

Not that many people with Pfizer 2X, most fairly recent. 

The OP was specifically asking about Pfizer 2X.

My guess is that they'll start to offer a Pfizer booster for Pfizer 2X fairly soon. Just need to figure out the locations, process.

22 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Where I live the recommendation is Pfizer or Moderna after about 5 months 

Now its 3 months for Pfeizer.  The most recent update.

We've been traveling and I inquired at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.  No Pfeizer for farangs in relationship to boosters.

Plenty of Sinopharm though they mentioned.

Pfizer of course.

If you look on the internet, you will find lots of info about this.

You would also know that with 2 Pfizer jabs you have 70% protection against serious illness and 30% protection against even getting Omicron at all.

Tip.......study South Africa information.

You can look

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Now its 3 months for Pfeizer.  The most recent update.

We've been traveling and I inquired at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.  No Pfeizer for farangs in relationship to boosters.

Plenty of Sinopharm though they mentioned.

No it's not and this is misleading information. See my earlier post for the facts as current.

• Confused 1

OP, assuming that your first 2 were done in Thailand, if you are more than 90 days from the second you are eligible for a booster. From the flyer below, which is for Chiang Mai (sorry it's in Thai), they administer a Pfizer for those who had two Pfizers already. Godspeed.

image_2021_12_14T06_57_38_113Z.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

(sorry it's in Thai), they administer a Pfizer for those who had two Pfizers already.

Does it really say that?

My take on those four option lower left, refer to options 1, 2, 3 & 4 as for those who have NOT yet received ANY vaccines, and that they can choose one of the four options.

The one above that section mentions 2x AZ, and getting Pfizer as a booster (at 90 days).

So not what the OP was asking.

Edited by mtls2005

1 hour ago, Excel said:

No it's not and this is misleading information. See my earlier post for the facts as current.

"mRNA booster vaccines 3 months after 2nd dose raise antibodies the most, study finds"

By Alistair Smout  Reuters
Posted December 2, 2021 8:09 pm 

Please stop posting misleading and dubious replies.

I would think that as much as they have been pushing vaccines, they should also start pushing vitamin D.

Recent studies have shown people with good vitamin D levels were in better shape when it came to contracting Covid-19.

https://www.rheumatologyadvisor.com/home/conference-highlights/asbmr-2021/asbmr-2021-effect-of-vitamin-d-on-risk-for-sars-cov2-covid19-infection-severity-death/

With regard to boosters, the panic button has been set worldwide prematurely IMO because there has only been one death recorded out of all those millions who have fallen ill with mild systems to those requiring oxygen, very few requiring ventilation.

If your above 70 get a booster, Moderna is readily available if your prepared to pay for it, if you have pre-existing conditions, get a booster, again Moderna, if your fit and above 50 take a deep breath, booster after 6 months as planned, either Pfizer when it's available with your other 2 already Pfizer jabs, or Moderna.

Just remember one thing, if you get infected and recover, which is highly likely and without hospitalisation, you have immunity, what are we all afraid of with Omicron, catching something similar to the flu, come on now guys man up.

If your really scared and in a panic, walk into any Bangkok Private Hospital and pay for a Moderna shot today, scores of people selling their Moderna shots after receiving the government perfectly timed free shots of Pfizer or Moderna for those that had not received a shot yet, coincidently just before the Private Hospitals received their Moderna doses, the timing was incredible, wasn't it.

Regardless if you paid for it and are waiting in limbo, if you are that worried, buy another dose and then put yours for sale on the Hospitals Facebook page as there is no doubt in my mind it will get snapped up as they push for everyone to get a booster after 3 months, without the government being able to provide them with boosters in the short term.

Buying one vial for say 3,000 baht works out to 1,500 baht for each person, you can select the wife to have the 2nd dose 3 weeks later, i.e. unless you love her very muk, and put her before yourself.

Here we go again.

People who were inoculated with the AstraZeneca vaccine for the first two shots can choose Pfizer or Moderna as their booster three months after their second jab, while those who have received two Pfizer or two Moderna doses can choose either of the two vaccines as their booster six months after their second shot.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-to-speed-up-vaccine-booster-shots/

As pointed out by Excel above.

Steel Merry Go Round, Sai Industries | ID: 13307470191

Edited by 4MyEgo

You might have to travel.

There offering boosters in Bangkok and Rayong.

Totally limited and probably only Thais.

I'm in Issan and find Khon Kaen usually gets first dibs in relation to COVID-19 vaccines.

You may have to travel.

Rayong/Pattaya

https://thethaiger.com/news/eastern-thailand/pfizer-booster-shots-on-offer-in-rayong-1000-per-day-for-3-days

Bangkok:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/free-booster-vaccine-shots-available-at-bang-sue-grand-station-from-saturday/

On 12/14/2021 at 11:55 AM, mtls2005 said:

I'd inquire locally, and/or provide you province here for more focused info.

When did you get your second Pfizer?

Right now, my best guess is Pfizer 1X or Moderna 1X for a booster to those with Pfizer 2X.

So far Pfizer boosters for Pfizer 2X needs clarity. Yes, Pfizer boosters are available for other vaccinations.

Given the recent push this may change (daily).

Even hourly.

Incredibly fast moving virus.