More Omicron Cases Likely in January

snoop1130

On 12/14/2021 at 7:06 PM, spidermike007 said:

I hope so. So far, it is revealing itself as less dangerous, and far less symptomatic than Delta. One death worldwide? Far less than a common flu.

This weak and feeble variant may be the near end of Covid. It should be celebrated and embraced, rather than feared. 

Not only that but it seems that the coronavirus trumps influenza and has the potential to largely supplant it:

spacer.png

Credit: Katie Peek; Source: FluNet/Global Influenza Surveillance and Response System at the World Health Organization (data)

Edited by Mr Derek

2 hours ago, ViajeroLA said:

LOL. I am not "Most of ppl" I was referring to. But let's say you are right, I have no idea about differences between a cold and a flu.

So enlighten me pls professor, what makes "Omicron" such a huge threat to humanity? I mean, can you even suggest an exact threat like "we all die of terrible cold", not just smth like "it's an highly transmittable virus" 555

I have no intention of "enlightening" you - as it is quite clear you are well past that.

If you don't recognise your own personal responsibility and can't even educate yourself on one of the major topics that affects the entire planet, I'm afraid you'll just have to stew in your own ignorance.....and God help you if you suffer any of the consequences.

Are you even vaccinated?

Edited by Thunglom
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Oblomov said:

It obviously varies by area but the London trust I'm familiar with is somewhat disrupted but all of our experiences are different. 

I live between London, Bali amd Bangkok so have wildly different experiences of each, and always find Bangkok the best.

The  discussion was about the merits or otherwise of hospital efficiency  - By saying  I found Bangkok the best I was talking about procedural.  In UK a lot of resources are wasted by the GP referral method, especially in exceptional times.

Having had some scuba-diving sun related issues, In Bangkok for example, I saw a doctor and was referred to a consultant on the same day, then had a surgical procedure the next day. In UK, for something similar, I had to get a GP appointment, then a referral to a consultant, then a wait... By the time I factored in days off work in UK, it was much cheaper and less stressful to simply pay and use one of the many decent hospitals in Bangkok.

That's all I meant by finding Bangkok the easiest for smaller procedures and dentistry etc..

On 12/15/2021 at 4:53 PM, Excel said:

Perhaps they will withhold reporting the real numbers of ormicron until after the new year super spreading activities and then use the real numbers as a further excuse to shut things down again. Except of course those establishments etc owned by the well connected.

Well that goes without saying doesnt it, big business does not affect/transmit or increase Covid cases, only small business's or those owned by non hisos's or people who are not well connected!!!