Thailand launches a campaign to collect garbage from the parks

snoop1130

Khao Phaeng Ma area launched a campaign to collect garbage from the parks and gardens in Thailand and return it with them, by giving tourists and visitors eco-bags to collect and leave the place clean.

The campaign organizers seek to shed light on the phenomenon of waste accumulation in public places, in addition to creating a safe environment, while the campaign was welcomed by tourists and visitors, especially since the place has become more wonderful and clean.

Annop Buanuan, head of Khao Phaeng Ma No-hunting Wildlife Area stated that the project is effective as it focuses on ending the garbage and making the forest clear, adding that last week, tourists came and set up their tents filling the green area, and they would eat or do something which creates garbage however after they left, there was no trash left in the area.

Wang Nam Khiao has been one of the most famous destinations in Thailand for winter for many years.

logo-2.png.f828c816bd9ac3ff529f42fdbfdd944c.png
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

I've been the only one collecting Trash in my Local Park for years; the Thai Population are by nature an filthy and untidy lot when they visit Public Places.  It's not helped by a complete lack of Rubbish Bins and /or Black Bags provided by Local Councils for anyone to put rubbish in.  I have complained about this to our local Amphur multiple times and it all falls on deaf ears; they just can't be bothered !

so why should you bother......you could get into trouble.....working with out a work permit !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

I've been the only one collecting Trash in my Local Park for years; the Thai Population are by nature an filthy and untidy lot when they visit Public Places.  It's not helped by a complete lack of Rubbish Bins and /or Black Bags provided by Local Councils for anyone to put rubbish in.  I have complained about this to our local Amphur multiple times and it all falls on deaf ears; they just can't be bothered !

Near to my home is a local reservoir, around the perimeter of the reservoir is a tarmac track for the public to run, and on one side an exercise area with the usual Thai style apparatus.

Located around the perimeter are bags which are supposed to be used for the disposal of rubbish.

The other morning I was following a jogger who had just passed a bag literally 5 meters before, he then tossed his empty water bottle in the hedge without a single thought.

I passed him and looked back, gave him a thumbs up and said great job with the water bottle!!!

• Like 1