What Service Did You Use For Day 2 and Day 8 Testing?

I am looking for tests for day 2 and day 8 arrival into the UK (England). Do i have to book the tests on the https://www.gov.uk/find-travel-test-provider Or can i book the tests with a private provider?

Also, my daughter who is 6, does she need to do the day 2 and day 8 test?

What cheap services are out there for day 2 and day 8 testing. I have so far found this service other than the .gov website:

https://covid.randoxhealth.com/home

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Randox…. 

I used them for both arrival (day 2) and departure (<72hrs) RT-PCR tests…

Results arrived via email the following morning. 

Used the pickup & drop off option £35 per test.

Ye this is the company i decided to go with. However, i am having problems with them accepting my card. Checked with the bank and all good their side, possibly something to do with the payment processor. To be continued.........

OK so i managed to pay for the kits in the end but i had to use another card. I did call customer service but you could be on their all day with the wait to speak to someone. I selected click and collect as they are about 15 quid cheaper. https://covid.randox.com/

Day 2: 34.99 pound

Day 8: 34.99 pound

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19#travelling-with-children

Hope this is helpful

Edited by Steps

4 hours ago, treetops said:

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The best option in the UK IMO. 

A lot of bad reviews a few months ago so hopefully they've got their act together now.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58149951

That was back in August when so many holidayers were returning to the UK.

Randox drop boxes over flowing and tests results delayed due to the amount of users.

The situation is somewhat different now.

I’ve used Randox for myself, Wife and Son - no issues.

Friends have used them, no issues.

That said, nothing is risk free, there was news recently of Boots not returning a result in time.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nelson52 said:

I used Collinson for the PCR test when I was leaving the UK 2 weeks ago. They were an absolute nightmare and didn't send me my test results. Needless to say they haven't replied to my emails. 

That's worrying. I have booked to use their 3 hour service near Heathrow the day before I (hopefully) fly.

If they didn't send the test results what did you do?

Beware of a company that I used named " Testngo " . They advertise ( and still do ) a 12 or 24 hour test result . I tested on my day 2 on December 3rd and still have no results . Paid £50 . I sent many emails to them with no replies and even had a live online chat with them where they said they were unable to help as they were not connected to their lab . Their phone is an answering service . They are a UK government approved company , so I contacted the government office who replied and said they were having problems with several testing companies and that they could withdraw their services . 

Absolute scam and they must be making a fortune by just sending out test packs with Royal mail return bags but not using the laboratory testing which is the expensive part . I heard yesterday of a friend of my son who used the same company and still waiting for results after 4 days and he is unable to return to work which is costing him a big loss of wages .    Sounds like some previous posts on here were successful and they are the ones to go with .

16 hours ago, topt said:

That's worrying. I have booked to use their 3 hour service near Heathrow the day before I (hopefully) fly.

If they didn't send the test results what did you do?

Nothing you can do, especially if they are part of the small print brigade.

The OP has already booked his tests but for anybody else looking for the same - we had a bit of a nightmare with one company and ended up using home test kits from:

Nationwide Pathology

https://nwp-online.co.uk/

We've now used them twice with no problems at all.  £67 for the Day 2 & Day 8 package.  We posted the swabs back to them, didn't use the courier option and all were available online the next morning.

On 12/16/2021 at 6:27 AM, Steps said:

Seems that you do not need to use exclusively the UK .gov website for day 2 and day 8 testing

Don't know about that - you will know when you try to enter the booking reference on the Passenger Locator Form - if its not a valid number you won't be able to complete the form.

On 12/18/2021 at 9:02 AM, Griffo63 said:

I used Testing for All.  Test kits delivered by courier, returned by post  - using priority postboxes.  Test posted at 4.00pm Thursday; result by email 1.00 pm Friday.  

Yes I used Testing for All, would recommend them, £99 and no problems.

Hi all,

Just want to post my expreience with Randox. I paid forf the click and collect and sent a family member to collect the tests. The day 2 test, i paid for 2 seperate tests but only recieved 1, even though the 2 emails with order numbers were shown to the attendent. So i done the test but my daughter still hasent done hers. I am not sweating over it and i will be going to the premesis tomorrow when i am free to demand a refund fofr her test.

Day 8 was collected at a different location due to availability but all in my home town. All results have been recieved via email in an accepteble time.

The process was relatively simple and instructions given were clear. However, the app that they tell you to download did not work for submitting results, only for regestering. I had to use their website to submit results.

Personaly, i am done with the COVID narrative.

Hope that helps