Extra Covid Test when arriving at village???

NZAMBOY

Hi All...I will be arriving back to Thailand in early January and will do the Test and Go...the following day, if negative test, i will be flying to Udon Thani...my wife will pick me up from the airport and then head to the family village...OK, now the question...she is telling me i will need another Covid Test at the local hospital before i can join the family...i'm saying this can't be true as i just had a negative PCR test the previous day, but she's saying it doesn't matter...Hope some folks here can tell me whether or not this is true...

thanks mucho!!!

My wife and I arrived last month and other than filling out the usual notification of residence at immigration haven't had any contact with authorities. I think it depends on the Village Chief. Someone told me ours just says, "don't tell me, I don't want to know".

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NZAMBOY said:

Yeah, that was my plan..."go along to get along" since it's pretty minor after the amount of hoop jumping i've gone thru so far????????

It's not worth refusing for several reasons, one is the negative etc., your wife would receive.

When in Thailand, there's no point in arguing.  It's just easier to go along and get it over with rather than argue.  Even if you somehow manage to "win" your argument, you and family will be ostracized at best, and treated as plague-carriers at worst.

The only reason you should refuse is if the covid test somehow starts with a rectal exam.

On 12/18/2021 at 1:01 PM, Crossy said:

Some village heads are a bit a lot totally paranoid about new arrivals.

Just get the extra test and keep the peace one of the cheap tests should do the trick.

+1.

But that said in our old village in Buriram it's either you have to go to the Hospital for the test or go to the Local Village Hospital (Anamai) and get tested there before you even can enter the village.

The issue is that Anamai only tests on certain days but the local Hospital (although they have limited hours) it takes 4-6 hours to wait for the results!  Anamai is only 20-30 min wait!

• Like 1

We'll be doing the same early Jan and then flying up to Udon the following day...albeit we get a negative result with the PCR test. The T&G now require a second PCR test to be taken on the 7th day at a government facility i.e hospital, so I'm not sure what another test prior to the 7th day test is going to achieve, especially if you've just tested negative?

Edited by Guemlum