Any one here suffer from Sleep Apnea .

Ken Kenobi

After months of going to bed and being awoken by a feeling that I could not breath I took the advice of a doctor and underwent an over night sleep test at a hospital. The sleep test results confirmed that I was suffering from severe sleep apnea . The doctor who carried out the overnight sleep test advised me to purchase a CPAP machine. So I purchased a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset machine and face mask. Also as recommended by the sleep test doctor I installed an application on my home computer called OSCAR , which monitors the machines activity while I am trying to sleep wearing a face mask.

I have been using the ResMed CPAP machine for a few months now , but I’m finding the whole experience frustrating and some times very frightening. I know that there are dedicated internet forums related to the subject of sleep apnea, but I was wondering if any other members here who are suffering from sleep apnea and could offer their advice , experiences and thoughts . 

Thanks ????

To help you breathe better at night, the position of the neck is important, if you use a tube-shaped pillow filled with rubber, that is more helpful.

After a month I would see that your breathing will improve if there are no other complications in your throat.

I have to admit I read the term Sleep Apnea for the first time. But I know the feeling of having problem with breathing at night.

I had that problem before I bought an air purifier. Running that air purifier at night near me made a huge difference and with it running I sleep a lot better.

Another related topic is dust in the room. My eyes are ok but not perfect. I don't need glasses but if I wear them I see more. My gf sees a lot of dust which I simply don't notice because if I don't use glasses I don't see it. And not surprisingly I sleep better when all the dust is removed - even if I don't see the difference.