British man chased by Thai with a knife after he refuses to buy him a beer

webfact

Clearly Thai guy was an amateur, an embarrassment to true Thai culture.

A real Thai man, would have gone and got the gun and shot the Brit making sure its caught on the camera. then run and hide in the jungle and once caught make up some story, confess and serve 7-8 years in jail

3 hours ago, Lite Beer said:
4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Sat on the side of the road, on the curb drinking at night, what could possibly go wrong.

Another one left his common sense in the departure lounge.

Expand  

Yep. Blame the victim why don't you.

Victim?  Victim of what?  Nothing happened to him except maybe spilling his beer!

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, bulmercke said:

Thai presumably only focused on the foreigner. Not interested in getting money from the Thais he was with.  Nasty racist attack if that was the case.

How is attacking a foreigner in the circumstances of the OP considered racist in your mind?   What did the Thai say that made the attack "racist"?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mokwit said:

More than once I have had some [usually drunken] Thai come up to me and demand money as it were some entitlement I had flown to Thailand just to give him.

Many  of us that have lived here for some period of time have experienced similar things

Maybe not quite so bad, but there are ways to diffuse these kind of situations before they get out of hand.

I sit and drink a Beer with Thais regularly, and there have never been issues such as this.

• Confused 1

When it gets that rough and you feel that your life or any of your limbs are in danger you best run fast !!! Providing you can make it far enough from the attackers since the multiply by ten fold !
I do find it indeed dangerous to hang out on your own in Thailand whether you’re having a beer or a smoke, especially if you’re a westerner needless to say, all the eyes are on you scrutinising every move you make.

I always find this scenario quite intimidating since you’re the most vulnerable and without any protection whether from the police or anyone who would take your part..????

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HexTree said:
35 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That may have made sense if it was true.  There's never been a ban on buying alcohol in shops, nor drinking alcohol. 

He did say "served".

When was the ban on shops serving alcohol to their customers introduced?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

18 minutes ago, John Drake said:
29 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...after one beer?

Plenty of countries seem to think so.  https://etsc.eu/issues/drink-driving/blood-alcohol-content-bac-drink-driving-limits-across-europe/

Don't think so.  The majority that you linked to have a normal limit of 0.05, you really think that one beer would cause that?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Many  of us that have lived here for some period of time have experienced similar things

Maybe not quite so bad, but there are ways to diffuse these kind of situations before they get out of hand.

I sit and drink a Beer with Thais regularly, and there have never been issues such as this.

Indeed biaatch slap usually works great

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Don't think so.  The majority that you linked to have a normal limit of 0.05, you really think that one beer would cause that?

Several have a 0.00 limit. And those are countries where people do not routinely drive down the wrong side of the street, pile entire families on one scooter, and pass inside the curb side of traffic. 

• Thanks 1

He went to the shop opposite, I assume opposite his residence, his girlfriend said he had no money and had to leave his motorbike there.

So he rode his motorbike across a small soi to go and buy cigarettes with no money?

Clear as mud ????????

• Haha 1