Israeli tourist who spent four days on the run after testing positive for COVID arrested in Koh Samui

Jonathan Fairfield

17 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

You do not seem to be aware of the mass evasion and avoidance of quarantine rules by Thais and foreigners.  It's very common 

11 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I'm thinking you're the only one with that info ...

BTW ... I think they closed most of the field hospitals a while ago, as not needing.  

I cannot confirm 'mass' evasion but I do know quite a number of people, of varying nationalities, who have some Covid symptoms, have taken an ATK test which has proved positive, and they have just (almost) self quarantined.

It does happen.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And your link for that little tidbit of pure silliness ... ????

IMHO & Just a wild guess, but think most expats & Thai catching covid don't / didn't even know they had it, or got tested for it.

They test themselves and then lie low. It really is that simple. The problem is they don't self quarantine properly and start to go about their business when major symptons start to wane. This is common behavior unfortunately. What don't you understand?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

I'm sure it does, but 'mass evasion', a bit OTT would be my opinion.  I myself would never self test, why bother, but if & when I feel ill, rare, and can't even remember the last time, I'd just do as I have always done in the past, avoid people.  A bit rude and inconsiderate not to.

That uncommon common sense and proper hygiene thingy again.  Apparently the only good thing to come out of the 'situation'.  Taught people proper hygiene they should have practiced their whole life.

OK so the is issue revolves around the word 'mass' so I will restate. Most foreigners do not submit to quarantine when they have tested positive until extreme sickness forces them to seek medical attention.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1