Israeli tourist who spent four days on the run after testing positive for COVID arrested in Koh Samui

Jonathan Fairfield

18 hours ago, tgw said:

I was about to post the same story.

It's been in the news since morning already.

How very selfish. I hope they throw the book at him.

News said yesterday he was checked after arrest but came back negative. But still let him face charges as he could’ve but a lot of people in danger just like the border crosses 

Just now, portlandtree said:

News said yesterday he was checked after arrest but came back negative. But still let him face charges as he could’ve but a lot of people in danger just like the border crosses 

correct.

he had a first positive test, so for all involved including himself he was regarded as positive at the time - he should still face the music.

6 minutes ago, tgw said:

correct.

he had a first positive test, so for all involved including himself he was regarded as positive at the time - he should still face the music.

I discussed this with my wife and she agreed that the quick test results miss cases as if you get the 72 hour Oct test then pick up the virus say and hour or so before flight departure that ain’t much time for the the thai test upon arrival to detect it so they should minimal have 48 hours. But then we have border crosses that can spread it to hundreds of people then thousands, right back to restrictions and shut downs as they approach  20,000 plus cases per day

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Apart from the associated medical treatment, costs for what?

What about the unlucky taxi driver who spent a couple of hours in a car driving him to Pattaya? There might be a lot of costs there. They might have contracted it and took it home with them, spreading it to others.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Almer said:

There are some pretty selfish people in the world, but they have to be set an example of to deter others

"There are some pretty selfish people in the world,"

How very true, and most of them are in government positions, medical, insurance, hotels etc, all getting rich on the back of ordinary people, and all because of this pandemic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SS1 said:

Just curious, do they nick your passport as collateral if you go into involountary quarantine? 

I'm not sure of the correct answer to this, but I will ask it. Do they have the authority to keep anyone's passport against their wishes? Are passports not the property of a persons country's government?

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Link, or it's misinformation.

Google is your friend. Next time look upyour own question.

Common questions

Can asymptomatic people transmit COVID-19?

Yes, infected people can transmit the virus both when they have symptoms and when they don't have symptoms. This is why it is important that all people who are infected are identified by testing, isolated, and, depending on the severity of their disease, receive medical care.Jul 14, 2563 BE

1 minute ago, Morpheus42 said:

"The patient then refused treatment before escaping the quarantine facility."

This part is very interesting. Anyone here who got tested positive in Thailand and got forced to get a treatment? If so, what is this "treatment" consisting of? Pharmaceutical pills?

From my point of view, this is against International Human Rights and the Thai Constitution.

I was told by a hospital that if I took a PCT test and the results were positive , they would keep me in hospital for 14 days at the expense of about 300 000 Baht

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was told by a hospital that if I took a PCT test and the results were positive , they would keep me in hospital for 14 days at the expense of about 300 000 Baht

Well, I knew about this money scam already.

But my question was clearly on the part of the "treatment". I wonder if they are trying to force you to take some antiviral pills or whatever? If yes, maybe this was the reason why this guy escaped?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

You're all being a bit harsh with a guy who allegedly tested negative the second time.

If he didn't have COVID, what harm could he have done to anyone?

the facts are the following:

- he tested positive

- he fled

what happened later, even if it's a relief, is not relevant to his attitude nor should it be for his punishment.

• Like 1

Just now, tgw said:

the facts are the following:

- he tested positive

- he fled

what happened later, even if it's a relief, is not relevant to his attitude nor should it be for his punishment.

Actually there is some doubt about him leaving and knowing he tested positive.

In Thailand anything is possible, my wife once tested negative for pregnancy, then had a baby.

1 hour ago, Paradise Pete said:

What about the unlucky taxi driver who spent a couple of hours in a car driving him to Pattaya? There might be a lot of costs there. They might have contracted it and took it home with them, spreading it to others.

I'm pretty sure that Covid treatment for Thais is covered by the government!

Regardless, the taxi driver shouldn't have a problem as (a) he's not likely to be unvaccinated and, (b) the Israeli has tested negative since his arrest!

18 hours ago, overherebc said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Bizarre remark, Thai prisons are not known for violence inside, besides which, maybe it would be the "Arabs and Iranians" who get the hard time!

Maybe a few weeks in IDC will be the result.

Why IDC?  He's not been arrested for Immigration violations, only contravention of Covid regulations, if he get's prison time (unlikely) he'll serve it in a normal prison, not the Immigration Detention Centre

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Actually there is some doubt about him leaving and knowing he tested positive.

In Thailand anything is possible, my wife once tested negative for pregnancy, then had a baby.

the report said "he refused treatment".

Edited by tgw

4 minutes ago, tgw said:

the report said "he refused treatment".

He didn't have COVID, what treatment do you think he should have had?

And how much do you think he should have paid for the treatment he didn't need?

100,000bht, 200,000bht?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Morpheus42 said:

"The patient then refused treatment before escaping the quarantine facility."

This part is very interesting. Anyone here who got tested positive in Thailand and got forced to get a treatment? If so, what is this "treatment" consisting of? Pharmaceutical pills?

From my point of view, this is against International Human Rights and the Thai Constitution.

Wallet extraction?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1