Israeli tourist who spent four days on the run after testing positive for COVID arrested in Koh Samui

Jonathan Fairfield

16 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

He is an arrogant, self centred spreader of disease who deserves severe punishment. Given the amount of Arabs and Iranians in the prison system he could be in for a hard time. His behavior is not unusual. Most expats who catch covid do not cooperate with the Thai authorities because they believe they are superior to Thais.

I totally agree with you. That attitude is probably the same reason why it is soaring again in most western countries. 

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I think I would look elsewhere for my evidence. This person has been sanctioned by his peers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_A._McCullough

Covid-19 misinformation

Some of McCullough's public statements contributed to the spread of COVID-19 misinformation.[7][4]

McCullough testified before a committee of the Texas Senate in March 2021, posted to YouTube by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, in which he made false claims about COVID-19 and COVID-19 vaccines, including that people under 50 years of age and survivors do not need the vaccine and that there is no evidence of asymptomatic spread of COVID-19.[27]

Posted on the Canadian online video sharing platform Rumble, McCullough gave an interview in April 2021 to The New American, the magazine of the right-wing John Birch Society, in which he advanced anti-vaccination messaging, including falsely claiming tens of thousands of fatalities attributed to the COVID-19 vaccines.[46] In May 2021, McCullough gave an interview in which he made claims about COVID-19 and COVID-19 vaccines which were "inaccurate, misleading and/or unsupported by evidence," including that survivors cannot be re-infected and so do not require vaccination and that the vaccines are dangerous.[28]

Peers, all sing from the same song sheet.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I think I would look elsewhere for my evidence. This person has been sanctioned by his peers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_A._McCullough

Covid-19 misinformation

Some of McCullough's public statements contributed to the spread of COVID-19 misinformation.[7][4]

McCullough testified before a committee of the Texas Senate in March 2021, posted to YouTube by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, in which he made false claims about COVID-19 and COVID-19 vaccines, including that people under 50 years of age and survivors do not need the vaccine and that there is no evidence of asymptomatic spread of COVID-19.[27]

Posted on the Canadian online video sharing platform Rumble, McCullough gave an interview in April 2021 to The New American, the magazine of the right-wing John Birch Society, in which he advanced anti-vaccination messaging, including falsely claiming tens of thousands of fatalities attributed to the COVID-19 vaccines.[46] In May 2021, McCullough gave an interview in which he made claims about COVID-19 and COVID-19 vaccines which were "inaccurate, misleading and/or unsupported by evidence," including that survivors cannot be re-infected and so do not require vaccination and that the vaccines are dangerous.[28]

Sanctioned by his peers? I believe that he would wear that as a badge of honour.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, toolpush said:

Not according to the most published author/doctor in medical history: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/dr-peter-mcculloughs-5-most-important-truths-about-covid-19/

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2342

Considering the proportion of cases and transmission risk associated with asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic infections, asymptomatic cases of covid-19 are important sources of disease spread throughout the community setting. Active testing is therefore a key tool for control. Strategies for controlling covid-19 transmission should be tailored to the specific epidemiological situations, testing capacity, and values of individuals living in different countries.21 However, our scientific understanding of the role of asymptomatic infection in disease transmission and our experience using viral control strategies in China show that measures including active testing, the reporting and isolation of asymptomatic infections, and contact tracing followed by testing and quarantine are vitally important for controlling covid-19. Pursuing these measures was important for preventing extensive community transmission in China.

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Reality does not have links..You do not seem to be aware of the mass evasion and avoidance of quarantine rules by Thais and foreigners.  It's very common and there are reasons for it. Many people can't or won't take ten days off in  field hospital. What can't you understand about that? Would you? How many expats would surrender their freedom? Most do not..Its a sad fact.

A sad fact for which you can provide no evidence. If the behaviour of this Israeli schmuck was commonplace we would have heard more about it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, tgw said:

I was about to post the same story.

It's been in the news since morning already.

How very selfish. I hope they throw the book at him.

Probably extra 2 day ban from pub and double price for hotel in BKK .. Also 1000 tbh for each cop in BKK Pattaya and KSamui .. That would be standard

I do believe that many avoid a test for fear of field hospital, test and if you go +with no symptoms be trusted with local checks of coarse to self isolate, if you do not comply, trouble can be expected.
The local community would help police it for sure.

There was a conflict in the reports regarding whether he left the Test and Go hotel in Sukhumvit before or after he knew his PCR test was positive. If before then maybe his pre-flight test was fake, but that doesn't seem the case; anyone would know that that would never work--or would they?

17 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Most expats who catch covid do not cooperate with the Thai authorities because they believe they are superior to Thais.

That's an interesting  comment. I  have friends who run a very busy online store that  offers products and services for expats. They say they are amazed at the arrogance and unreasonable demands made by their customers.

Police said the man then hailed a taxi and travelled to Pattaya where he tried to check in to a hotel but was refused entry as he was unable to provide any travel documentation. 

Just curious, do they nick your passport as collateral if you go into involountary quarantine? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No more than the farangs who catch covid and won't go into quarantine because they, like so many expats, think they are superior to Thais.

Or those farangs that walk around without masks while the rest of suffer and comply