Israeli tourist who spent four days on the run after testing positive for COVID arrested in Koh Samui

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:
6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Huh?  Where did you get that gem from?

What gem?  The fact that most foreigners don't submit to 10 day quarantine in field hospitals? It'd a fact. They don't bother.

This one...

"Most expats who catch covid do not cooperate with the Thai authorities because they believe they are superior to Thais".

I'd bet that you cannot justify that assertion with anything empirical.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

A jew in a Thai Prison will get a hard time from the Iranians and Arabs The immigration lock up is run by iranians who are known to give Americans a hard time.

You've stayed in a Thai prison, have you?   If he is convicted he wont be going to IDC, he'll go to a prison. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:
1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

He is an arrogant, self centred spreader of disease who deserves severe punishment. Given the amount of Arabs and Iranians in the prison system he could be in for a hard time. His behavior is not unusual. Most expats who catch covid do not cooperate with the Thai authorities because they believe they are superior to Thais.

What is confusing about my comment?

Nothing is "confusing" about it but, apart from the first sentence, it's just plain wrong.  Thai prisons are not known as hotbeds of religious violence in general and you've produced nothing to justify your "non-cooperative foreigners" theory

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The volunteer 'screws' at that particular immigration prison tend to be there for a long time as the have valid appeals not to be returned to Iran. Often they have no money to return nor do they want to. They have established a position of dominance and influence in the system. This 'trustee' system is common in many prisons. I forgive your naivety but your ignorance is unacceptable.

Have a nice day ...

9 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The volunteer 'screws' at that particular immigration prison tend to be there for a long time as the have valid appeals not to be returned to Iran. Often they have no money to return nor do they want to. They have established a position of dominance and influence in the system. This 'trustee' system is common in many prisons. I forgive your naivety but your ignorance is unacceptable.

The Israeli in question, if convicted and sentenced to jail time, will not be going to "immigration prison", he will go to a normal prison as all convicted criminals do.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

No just those who deliberately flaunt health regulations, cause infections, cost public and police money, sick folk not working. Make this one pay, I say.

The courts could impound/confiscate his assets if allowed.

They could, if they were allowed to, but they're not.

13 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

What is confusing about my comment?

Try this:-

His behavior is not unusual. Most expats who catch covid do not cooperate with the Thai authorities because they believe they are superior to Thais.

So you stereotype most of us with this idiot and you are confused over my attitude toward the Thai people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

He is an arrogant, self centred spreader of disease who deserves severe punishment. Given the amount of Arabs and Iranians in the prison system he could be in for a hard time. His behavior is not unusual. Most expats who catch covid do not cooperate with the Thai authorities because they believe they are superior to Thais.

It's possible he spread the disease, but unknown.

As anyone who is fully vaccinated with the magic juice can do the same should they be given hard punishment too?

Who are the expat you know with covid who think like that?

15 hours ago, smedly said:

what an idiot

Maybe he felt enough is enough after being fully vaccinated to travel here and now he is infected. But they don't say is it was Omicron or a different variant. Omicron is spreading so fast and there is no stopping it. So this is a catch 22 situation, more and more tourist will have Omicron.