Immigration Looking For A Reason To Deny My Extension

Just now, ubonjoe said:

There is no rule stating they have to be the same amount every month.

i have used the income option using transfers into the country from abroad for 3 years now and every transfer is a different amount every month due to the exchange rate changing.

Also there is no rule that you cannot change banks.

As I thought Joe.  Seems she is just breaking chops..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, glegolo18 said:

Maybe you should consider to change from difficult marriage extension to retirement extension instead?? Money seems to be ok for that anyhow??

Some officies pushing from marriage to retirement, she have not suggested that

to you???? Just because you are married to a thailady, or have a VISA Non immigrant O Spouse, doesn´t mean that you HAVE TO go the route of marriage extension, it is up

to you...

glegolo

Yes, I understand it's much easier for IMM to do a Retirement Extension. And NO, she did not suggest that I change my application.

3 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

Maybe you should consider to change from difficult marriage extension to retirement extension instead?? Money seems to be ok for that anyhow??

What's the point of that? The IO's objections seem to be about his financial arrangements, not the status of his marriage

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So write the letter, it'll take less time than this post did.

Keep it short, very short, no, shorter than that and don't embellish it with the weather report from the U.S. or your purchases and bills. And get it translated to thai.

Here's a start:

Thanks for the suggestion and the edit. My wife tells me she has sent them a letter stating that transfer rates change and there is not a single month that less than 40,000 THB had been sent.

• Like 2

I heard about quite a few lately who was pushed around like this for different reasons, seems like some immigration officers getting desperate to get some brown envolopes, or trying to push us to use agents. 

Is there not possible to complain to some instance when they get out their hands like this? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, seajae said:

I originally used to do monthly transfers for several years for my marriage extension but changed to money in the bank so I didnt have to travel to Bnagkok and argue with the thai staff  about getting my govt notices stamped. My transfers varied every month due to the exchange rates plus when I had extra in my account from my partial business, it was never queried, really does sound like she is being a total b***h, have you tried speaking to the head person in the office

She is the Captain in charge. The IO that actually did all the application work approved it and sent it to her for signature. 

• Sad 1

"I have 30 days remaining on my Visa and she wanted me to pay 1900THB for a 2 month Covid extension stating that this will give me 12 months of deposits into 1 bank.

I hindsight, I should have just paid the 1900B and come back in 2 months."

Yes, she made a suggestion and you refused it. Now you are a marked man! I am surprised your wife didn't advise you to do that, mine would have.

Best way forward, is to change to the 400,000 baht in a Thai bank in the future to avoid all this nonsense. You don't mention any monies in a Thai Bank Don't you have any?

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I use agents for all  dealings with bureaucracy, Passport renewal, Driving license, 90 days, retirement extension, travel arrangements.  They offer a great service to make life easier and save so much time..

Up to you mate! ????

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Maybe it would be easier if the OP, and others, sent the same amount in THB every month no matter what the exchange rate is.

That would be fine save that my spending requirements are often different, sometimes I need to bring over more than my usual amount, sometimes I make two transfers neither of which are below the monthly sum required.

I know we all have to bow before some IO's "becuse that's what I say attitude, never mind the rules" but it is quite tedious ensuring that some egos are not hurt for fear of reprisals.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Maybe it would be easier if the OP, and others, sent the same amount in THB every month no matter what the exchange rate is.

That would involve buying THB in your home country, then somehow sending it to a Thai bank.

The fx rate would b even worse than when sending your home currency and having it exchanged by the Thai bank

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Don’t think it’s possible  with exchange rate fluctuations. Example US Social Security 

payments using BKK bank are deposited in THB....

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

That would involve buying THB in your home country, then somehow sending it to a Thai bank.

The fx rate would b even worse than when sending your home currency and having it exchanged by the Thai bank

Not necessarily, simply check what say Bht 65000 is in eg USD on the day you need to send it, and that's how much you send in USD.

Or you could get a Wise Borderless account and 'store up' your THB and send once a month.

• Thanks 2