Immigration Looking For A Reason To Deny My Extension

On 12/24/2021 at 10:37 AM, robertson468 said:

When I recently renewed my Married Visa, I had all the paper work in order but the IO said whilst she could see I had made the 40,000 baht per month deposit, we had to go back to the Bank and make a deposit that day!  I was ready to get annoyed, but fortunately my lovely Wife is far more practical and suggested that I shut-up and stay calm and she would quickly drive to our Bank, deposit 100 baht and come back.  She did this and the paper work was accepted.  Very, very strange!

I always update the bankbook before requesting the letter balance of funds. I update it again the . morning I make the extension. I update it again the day I pick up the stamp.

Quite ridiculous updating the morning but I just know if I don't then it's gonna be a problem. ATM slip with account balance. Of course not. Update and more paper photocopies!

23 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Just do what immigration have asked you to do. Over 40 years I have never had a problem of this kind, neither for marriage nor retirement extensions. I always apply in person, and I have never used an agent, nor any third party. Immigration authorities all over the world do not take kindly to people who do not follow their instructions. Just try arguing with an immigration officer in the USA or the UK and you will quickly appreciate that the Thais are relatively easy to deal with.

Well I broadly agree with that but with one caveat. If the request is so unreasonable, as the case with the O/P, then you have no choice but to stand your ground.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Well I broadly agree with that but with one caveat. If the request is so unreasonable, as the case with the O/P, then you have no choice but to stand your ground.

Hmmm. Stand your ground and denied an extension- how is that worth it?

Bureaucrats are <deleted><deleted> in my book, but they have the power and I do not.

1 hour ago, TheScience said:

I always update the bankbook before requesting the letter balance of funds. I update it again the . morning I make the extension. I update it again the day I pick up the stamp.

Quite ridiculous updating the morning but I just know if I don't then it's gonna be a problem. ATM slip with account balance. Of course not. Update and more paper photocopies!

Agreed, but IMO they are just showing us stupid farangs who has the power.

4 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

I did... and immi not happy he imported money 2 separate times in a month... and wife got letter from immi... etc etc etc

I actually see where your coming from.

Soooo many threads on AseanNow dealing with issues relating to income method.

I notice that the OP received lot of sympathy with the situation. I do t have a lot.

It's irrelevant if your allowed to change banks during the 12 months. Fact is that immigration officer found it was not satisfactory. 

The OP could have asked his immigration office first.

The immigration officer suggested 60 day extension. IMO was foolish not to accept that offer on the spot..

You can make things simple or difficult in dealing with immigration. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmm. Stand your ground and denied an extension- how is that worth it?

Bureaucrats are <deleted><deleted> in my book, but they have the power and I do not.

If you cannot possibly comply with an unreasonable 'request' and this most certainly is one of those, then what choice do you have. Would you just meekly roll over?

There is a complaints procedure for a start and I for one would not like to be the one to tell my wife that her husband has to leave the country because of a stupid request like this.

I do hope that the O/P lets us know the final outcome of his application.

Keep your eyes on the target, that being to obtain the annual extension 

Agree with those that suggested accepting the easy way out covid extension, cost another visit is all 

Same with those who moan about a trip to the bank, it's not the end of the world but it is the key to staying another year, a very minor inconvenience 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...