Best Christmas food. High end lunch or dinner Quality no quantity.

The Hammer2021

10 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Waiter: "Will the gentleman be on his own then Sir?"  :cheesy:

As it happens I may well be but that's not the issue. My options are open. I want to avoid a massive expat drunk buffet. I usually go to the Kinnaree for a 'mad one'. I'm really looking for the best food a restaurant or hotel can offer this year for a change.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, kickstart said:

All I can say is try the top end hotels in Bangkok ,as thing are I think you might be unlucky,or if not , at this short notice full up .

As for the organic bit, you will be very lucky to find a place that does top end organic food . 

Organic is not a deal breaker but I was hoping to find Bangkok fine dining here...

• Haha 1

• This ad was from 2020 but they usually have Christmas dinner ,call and check.

• The Sportsman Christmas Day menu – Friday 25th December 2020

Our Christmas 2020 menu , reservations are now being taken.

xmas-man-730x1024.jpg

Situated in Soi 13, between Beach Road and Second Road, the Sportsman Pub and Restaurant has become an institution in Pattaya. Opened in 1997, the emphasis is on traditional and home-cooked English pub fare with all the trimmings. A recipient of Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence, the Sportsman prides itself on a welcoming and all-embracing atmosphere which includes all live sporting events on seven big screens, weekly golf tournaments, a Thursday quiz with rollover bonuses, and regular Five Star visa trips to the Cambodian border. Not to mention the friendliness of the staff, which has become a byword for true hospitality.

Contact details
Beach road soi 13
Telephone: 038 710 609
http://sportsmanpub.com

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tony125 said:
  • This ad was from 2020 but they usually have Christmas dinner ,call and check.

• The Sportsman Christmas Day menu – Friday 25th December 2020

Our Christmas 2020 menu , reservations are now being taken.

xmas-man-730x1024.jpg

Situated in Soi 13, between Beach Road and Second Road, the Sportsman Pub and Restaurant has become an institution in Pattaya. Opened in 1997, the emphasis is on traditional and home-cooked English pub fare with all the trimmings. A recipient of Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence, the Sportsman prides itself on a welcoming and all-embracing atmosphere which includes all live sporting events on seven big screens, weekly golf tournaments, a Thursday quiz with rollover bonuses, and regular Five Star visa trips to the Cambodian border. Not to mention the friendliness of the staff, which has become a byword for true hospitality.

Contact details
Beach road soi 13
Telephone: 038 710 609
http://sportsmanpub.com

thanks probably booked up but anyway not what I'm looking for

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Not in Pattaya now but back in the day Cafe des Amis would be my choice.  I've seen little to suggest that it still isn't one of the best places in town.

I'd 2nd Cafe des Amis, the food there is always excellent.  I've been told the Christmas lunch's are great but usually sold out well before Christmas.  This year you could be in luck.

18 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I really miss Harlans place..Comfort..

Me and many others who live close to his former restaurant, are very very glad that he has gone.. His very noisy motorbike at all hours of the day and night, was hugely annoying.. Karma, I guess.. 

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

thanks probably booked up but anyway not what I'm looking for

And way overpriced....don't expect the usual Sunday eat as long as you wish carvery (which IS good value).  Probably worth 600THB including big Xmas mark up

PH

3 hours ago, Phulublub said:

And way overpriced....don't expect the usual Sunday eat as long as you wish carvery (which IS good value).  Probably worth 600THB including big Xmas mark up

PH

Read my original message and you will see in this instance economy is not the issue but thank you...

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Read my original message and you will see in this instance economy is not the issue but thank you...

For a man of such discerning and refined tastes only one restaurant seems it would cut the mustard... 

https://www.mandarinoriental.com/bangkok/chao-phraya-river/fine-dining/restaurants/french-cuisine/le-normandie

... The Christmas Menu... 

bangkok-restaurant-le-normandie-christma

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

For a man of such discerning and refined tastes only one restaurant seems it would cut the mustard... 

https://www.mandarinoriental.com/bangkok/chao-phraya-river/fine-dining/restaurants/french-cuisine/le-normandie

... The Christmas Menu... 

bangkok-restaurant-le-normandie-christma

Yes, in this instance that's the kinda thing but as I have stated I was hoping for something local. But you've got the right idea. Quality over quantity, high end cusine, calm ambience, unhurried and non crowded...But I'm not fussy.....just grateful..

6 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes, in this instance that's the kinda thing but as I have stated I was hoping for something local. But you've got the right idea. Quality over quantity, high end cusine, calm ambience, unhurried and non crowded...But I'm not fussy.....just grateful..

Ahh... missed the Pattaya part...  Now I understand why the question needed to be asked... 

• Like 1