Finally Made it Back

with all this booking and trying to find out if i have a visa ? eventually found my none imm o visa, i have been told i do not require insurance? but not 100% sure.

i have booked 90 days worth (cost more than my flight)

but now after searching everywhere i am still not sure does my Thailand Pass have an expiry date ? 

@Edward Abbott

I have a question regarding the health insurance. How long must the insurance cover? 

I heard that it should cover the whole length of the visa but I also heard that one month is enough so it's confusing.

How much did you spend on the 10 days quarantine at the hotel?

1 hour ago, Edward Abbott said:

Hi. I think all visas are the same, but I was advised to get at least one month's worth. Went for AXA, did it in minutes and got me the Thailand Pass.

So, to be clear, was it just "one month's worth" that you bought, and this period is less than the duration of your visa? And this was not queried by the IO on arrival in Bangkok?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

@Edward Abbott

I have a question regarding the health insurance. How long must the insurance cover? 

I heard that it should cover the whole length of the visa but I also heard that one month is enough so it's confusing.

How much did you spend on the 10 days quarantine at the hotel?

Also, I got stamped in for 90 days, although I'll be extending that prior to expiry.

• Like 1

My Thai Airways flight got brought forward by a day. Now my Thailand Pass needs to be brought forward too by a day. Any suggestions anyone? I have emailed 'support', i also know that TP is valid for 72 hours but what about prior to the date of arrival? Thai airways is rescheduling many flights

15 minutes ago, Uddernonsense said:

My Thai Airways flight got brought forward by a day. Now my Thailand Pass needs to be brought forward too by a day. Any suggestions anyone? I have emailed 'support', i also know that TP is valid for 72 hours but what about prior to the date of arrival? Thai airways is rescheduling many flights

Can I change the itinerary after I have registered and received the QR Code or not?

However, in the case of flight changes Travelers can change flights up to 72 hours from the original flight registered with Thailand Pass without requesting a new Thailand Pass QR Code. All other documents must be complete and valid as specified.

Source: https://medium.com/thailand-pass/can-i-change-my-flight-post-approval-72bf360325dd

You will have to change you hotel arrival time and etc.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

IMO slightly self indulgent.

Many people can not afford the return trip that you outline. 

Slightly hurtful given the time of the year. Many folk missing family unable to travel. 

My family all gathered yesterday for Xmas lunch back home as they/we  do every year.

Not being able to travel (well I can but what a ballache) I was able hook up with them on a teams meeting.

They had me up on their big TV and I did the same here, was great to see them all together at the same time and wish them all a Merry Christmas and Prosperous new year face to face.

This is grossly off topic though and should go to its own thread if someone thinks its worthy of a thread.

Edited by Ralf001

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Can I change the itinerary after I have registered and received the QR Code or not?

However, in the case of flight changes Travelers can change flights up to 72 hours from the original flight registered with Thailand Pass without requesting a new Thailand Pass QR Code. All other documents must be complete and valid as specified.

Source: https://medium.com/thailand-pass/can-i-change-my-flight-post-approval-72bf360325dd

You will have to change you hotel arrival time and etc.

So I can now change my flight and everything else to 3 days earlier without new TP, sweet ????

On 12/24/2021 at 2:16 PM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i have spent the last few days trying, hard, to pay for the PCR tests in phuket airport.

the web site has many errors, every time something else gets stucked.

tried many different browsers, devised and even internet servers.

keep on getting stucked in the page CHOOSE YOUR SWAB CENTER (see photos).

Screenshot (37).png

Screenshot (39).png

From what I’ve seen from numerous posts on FB, the test site is not working , or was not for the moment, and they were fixing it. 

His quarantine and the cost were his option as he refused to get vaccinated….to each his own…

He only got one month of insurance yet his visa is 90 days….that tells you that at least for that officer he/she wasn’t careful or didn’t care in coinciding insurance coverage with visa duration 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

He only got one month of insurance yet his visa is 90 days….that tells you that at least for that officer he/she wasn’t careful or didn’t care in coinciding insurance coverage with visa duration

Can you direct me to rule stating that permission of stay stamp must match period of insurance. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can you direct me to rule stating that permission of stay stamp must match period of insurance. 

pretty logical that you should be insured for duration of stay, no?

I don't think the dates are checked carefully,when i arrive last night all they really checked was TP and hotel booking.

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

pretty logical that you should be insured for duration of stay, no?

I don't think the dates are checked carefully,when i arrive last night all they really checked was TP and hotel booking.

You will be stamped in for period according to what visa or visa exempt or extension with reentry permit etc the person has. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

His quarantine and the cost were his option as he refused to get vaccinated….to each his own…

You seem to think everything is black and white.

When I came back early Oct I had had 2 jabs but was treated as unvaccinated by the embassy as the NHS does not do a certificate for a single dose.

I came back on a re-entry permit valid till August and was stamped in until then but my insurance was for 73 days. Every Tom Dick & Harry checked my insurance, except for immigration.

Fairly obvious you have no idea how the process works.