Thai pass

Good afternoon

I m staying currently in thailand based on extension of stay married to thai national. I will leave thailand on the 30.3.2022 for germany. My question i will receive my third jab a moderna booster in january or Februar 2022 in thailand. My previous 2 vaccinations astra and pfizer were done in junge 2021 in germany. Hence I want to apply for the thai pass after the moderna Shot and

Use it for re-entry in July 2022 possible ?

Wbr

Roobaa01

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I cannot predict what will be accepted in July of 2022.

At this time they are not require proof of boosters. But I assume as long as the booster shot was within the required time frame it would be accepted.

The EU has validated the Basic vaccination 2 shots with 9 months for eu vaccination pass.

Wbr

Roobaa01

You will need to keep checking what is valid periodically.

I recall reading some proposals recently that for travel people my be required to have full vaccination and vaccination booster within 6 months of travel.

We don't know what will be required.

If you want to come back in July, if I was you I would get the booster perhaps in February to ensure it is within 6 months of return.

We will clearly have to wait to see what happens with Omicron before any further rules are issued.

If you have proper certification of your Thai booster you can have it transferred to your EU certificate, in theory. In some countries you can do so through your family doctor who can enter you into the national data bank, dunno about Germany. Good news is that Thai vaccination now seems to be recognised by the EU. If you can have both EU certificates and Thai certificates, so much the better. The more paperwork you have these days, the better. I had a Pfizer booster in Europe 2 weeks ago but I have a good mind to buy myself a Moderna booster in Thailand around April. The more the better, so much for antivaxx.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

What has been cancelled is the Test & Go scheme and also the Sandboxes other than Phuket.

TP system is still operational for AQ and Phuket Sandbox.

No telling what the options will be come July.

But OP should be aware/prepared for possibility of mandatory quarantine despite vaccination status.

Is there supposed to be an announcement from the government regarding Thailand pass on 4th Jan 2022 ?

I have a flight to UK mid Jan returning early Feb so if the situation remains as it is at present i would need to do either 7 days quarantine in an AQ hotel in Bangkok or 7 days in the phuket sandbox ? TIA for any replies

There is a meeting on the 4th but I would be very surprised if the reinstate Test & Go at that time. Possible they might alter quarantine durations or suspend Phuket sandbox but if I had to bet, I'd bet on continuing the present status quo for at least a few more weeks.

At present your options are quarantine for  10 days (not 7) or else Phuket Sandbox. Note that for Phuket Sandbox you need to fly directly in, domestic transfer not allowed. So makes a difference to flight routing. (Might be possible to change planes if still part of your international itinerary, I am not clear on that)

• Thanks 2

I see that the TP site now states Alternative Quarantine for 7/10/14 days with no guidance as to who does what. Presumably the 7 days = fully vaccinated and from certain countries. Anyone have a link that explains this including who gets 10 and 14 days respectively?

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I see that the TP site now states Alternative Quarantine for 7/10/14 days with no guidance as to who does what. Presumably the 7 days = fully vaccinated and from certain countries. Anyone have a link that explains this including who gets 10 and 14 days respectively?

TAT has it well covered 

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-reopening-happy-quarantine-nationwide/

• At least a 7-day quarantine for travellers who have a Certificate of Vaccination for have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with an approved vaccine
  •  
  • At least a 10-day quarantine for travellers who do not have a Certificate of Vaccination.
  •  
  • For arrivals from the low-risk countries (other African countries as mentioned above), the quarantine period is 14 days.
  •  
Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Is the duration of quarantine not determined when you select the country from drop down menu?

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

There is a meeting on the 4th but I would be very surprised if the reinstate Test & Go at that time. Possible they might alter quarantine durations or suspend Phuket sandbox but if I had to bet, I'd bet on continuing the present status quo for at least a few more weeks.

At present your options are quarantine for  10 days (not 7) or else Phuket Sandbox. Note that for Phuket Sandbox you need to fly directly in, domestic transfer not allowed. So makes a difference to flight routing. (Might be possible to change planes if still part of your international itinerary, I am not clear on that)

Thanks for the reply I think it might be prudent to rearrange the trip unless things change (Which doesn't seem very likely)

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Presumably the 7 days = fully vaccinated and from certain countries.

That is correct, i did'nt actually do mine my son did but originally he did for 10 days and then became aware i could do for 7 days because i was fully vaccinated and travelling from the UK. 

AQ not Sandbox.

Edited by Pumpuynarak