Thai vaccine certs accepted in Europe as Omicron offers glimmers of hope for a virus fatigued world

webfact

18 minutes ago, treetops said:

There is an NHS department which is supposed to facilitate entry into the English records system although anecdotally it has been difficult to get an appointment to do this.  Phone registration is also now said to be an option but I've no idea how it works.

Thanks. If I get any info I'll post it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tandor said:

..your job is to convince the ant-vaxxers and those who do not understand that they MUST get vaccinated.

It's of course a long discussion, but here is relevant info fresh of the press, from the DREES (official statistics in France). COVID-19 related hospitalisation in France, averaged over the second week of December. Numbers shown are normalised over a population of 10 million people. Red bar : unvaccinated people; light blue = partly vacced; dark blue = full vacced (2 doses for mRNA vaccines); black = with booster. The message is super clear : the risk of hospital admission is 15 to 30 times more (depending on age) for non-vacced people than for full-vacced + booster. And significantly higher even compared to partly vacced? 

Vacc & Hospital France DEc 2021.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, treetops said:

There is an NHS department which is supposed to facilitate entry into the English records system although anecdotally it has been difficult to get an appointment to do this.  Phone registration is also now said to be an option but I've no idea how it works.

When I enquired about getting Thai vaccines into the NHS system I was told it’s not YET possible. That was 3 months ago and I haven’t tried again.

7 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

It's of course a long discussion, but here is relevant info fresh of the press, from the DREES (official statistics in France). COVID-19 related hospitalisation in France, averaged over the second week of December. Numbers shown are normalised over a population of 10 million people. Red bar : unvaccinated people; light blue = partly vacced; dark blue = full vacced (2 doses for mRNA vaccines); black = with booster. The message is super clear : the risk of hospital admission is 15 to 30 times more (depending on age) for non-vacced people than for full-vacced + booster. And significantly higher even compared to partly vacced? 

You can show antivaxers all the facts you like but most are so entrenched in their rabbit holes it’s generally a waste of time. I really don’t care what happens to them, it’s the people they spread to I care about.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

You can show antivaxers all the facts you like but most are so entrenched in their rabbit holes it’s generally a waste of time. I really don’t care what happens to them, it’s the people they spread to I care about.

I agree with you 100%. Can generalise to a host of conspiracy theories - a lot of (bad) choice!

Maybe, just maybe, there is some hope with the "undecided"?

Edited by gejohesch

39 minutes ago, mberbae said:

No one seems to mention WHICH vaccines those are ?  Thailand administers Pfizer and Astra

Zeneca, but does it also include Sinovac  that Europe will accept ?

Surely not... Sinovac, Sinopharm and Sputnik are not accepted in EU (and USA).

15 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Surely not... Sinovac, Sinopharm and Sputnik are not accepted in EU (and USA).

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/travel-only-6-eu-schengen-countries-recognise-chinas-sinovac-vaccine-as-valid-proof-of-immunity/?fbclid=IwAR28JzafcZeLAnMz8P0ifaxyCtzI_g5CKo1CgusuxAgWvmlamnhPAMBYz9c

According to a new tool developed by VisaGuide.World, which enables travellers to check the validity of their vaccine when travelling abroad, the following EU/Schengen Area countries accept Sinovac as valid proof of immunity:

1. Austria
  2. Finland
  3. Greece
  4. Iceland
  5. Netherlands
  6. Spain
  7. Sweden
  8. Switzerland
Edited by Confuscious
Add

1 hour ago, Big Bert said:

My first shots in the UK only the 3rd shot. - booster here. I scanned the QR code for the certificate but with no 13 digit number I cannot do anything. The records I have is my pictures taken of the paper work.  The point is now I must go to the hospital and follow up. The stadium does not run vaccine everyday and you cannot just wander in.

When you went for your booster at the sports centre, didn't you have to register? Then fill in a medical questionnaire. Then sit down at a pre-jab desk, then finally at the jab desk?

When I went back to the sports centre i did indeed just wander in, but I have enough Thai to let the staff know what I wanted and they let me through. I was then taken to the desk where the guy with the laptop added my 3rd jab.

I had to go back yet again as I'd given my Thai driving licence as my ID and that has my name back to front. That time I simply approached the nearest desk and the kind and intelligent lady understood immediately what I wanted and she updated my records and showed me on screen. I was then able to return to the health centre to inform the vaccine passport people that my record had changed and request they record them on my vaccine passport. They too understood straight away.

I don't know why it all seems to be such a problem!

15 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/travel-only-6-eu-schengen-countries-recognise-chinas-sinovac-vaccine-as-valid-proof-of-immunity/?fbclid=IwAR28JzafcZeLAnMz8P0ifaxyCtzI_g5CKo1CgusuxAgWvmlamnhPAMBYz9c

According to a new tool developed by VisaGuide.World, which enables travellers to check the validity of their vaccine when travelling abroad, the following EU/Schengen Area countries accept Sinovac as valid proof of immunity:

1. Austria
  2. Finland
  3. Greece
  4. Iceland
  5. Netherlands
  6. Spain
  7. Sweden
  8. Switzerland

Not since Dec/20 with new "2-G" rule, at least in Austria... this is from www.austria.info :

"Please note: Only BioNtech/Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna are currently recognised for the “2-G” rule when in Austria."

7 minutes ago, bradiston said:

When you went for your booster at the sports centre, didn't you have to register? Then fill in a medical questionnaire. Then sit down at a pre-jab desk, then finally at the jab desk?

When I went back to the sports centre i did indeed just wander in, but I have enough Thai to let the staff know what I wanted and they let me through. I was then taken to the desk where the guy with the laptop added my 3rd jab.

I had to go back yet again as I'd given my Thai driving licence as my ID and that has my name back to front. That time I simply approached the nearest desk and the kind and intelligent lady understood immediately what I wanted and she updated my records and showed me on screen. I was then able to return to the health centre to inform the vaccine passport people that my record had changed and request they record them on my vaccine passport. They too understood straight away.

I don't know why it all seems to be such a problem!

Ok we went to 1 desk which was registration, we got this small ticket which was then taken away at the next station. I was not not aware we needed to copy this.

when you approached the desk have you already queued up for your next shot? or did you return to the stadium and ask to amend this and go straight in? I have little mush with me who also speaks Thai  and we are trying to work out, go back to the stadium or to Banglamung hospital.

The problem is we have been told we cannot access the stadium again to try and get the 13 digit number so I ask do I need go to the hospital? 1 person say we cannot go back in but you seem to think different.

1 hour ago, Big Bert said:

Ok we went to 1 desk which was registration, we got this small ticket which was then taken away at the next station. I was not not aware we needed to copy this.

when you approached the desk have you already queued up for your next shot? or did you return to the stadium and ask to amend this and go straight in? I have little mush with me who also speaks Thai  and we are trying to work out, go back to the stadium or to Banglamung hospital.

The problem is we have been told we cannot access the stadium again to try and get the 13 digit number so I ask do I need go to the hospital? 1 person say we cannot go back in but you seem to think different.

I reckon go to whichever's nearer, or easier. I read one guy went back to Banglamung hospital and got the same result - smart lady at a desk who took care of everything. I went back to the sport's centre as I'd had some success there previously. But yes, you'll have to have your Thai blagging skills to the fore.

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Wonder the reaction of Thais being told your vaccine pass is fine, but you're still going to have to pay for 10 days quarantine on arrival in Europe !

To my knowledge, if you are vaccinated, no quarantine is required to enter France from a country on amber list, such as Thailand,

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

• Like 2

12 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Also why would the European Union accept the Thai Pass when so many people here have been jabbed with Sinovac vaccine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHW5K0GPvCY

Thai pass is accepted only when vaccination is made with European Union approved vaccines. To my knowledge, Sinovac is not on the list. COVID-19 vaccination in the EU

Commission Implementing Decision (EU) on the equivalence of COVID-19 certificates issued by Thailand

Thailand also informed the Commission that it accepts vaccination, test and recovery certificates issued by the Member States and EEA countries in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2021/953.

Edited by daejung
extra links

27 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I reckon go to whichever's nearer, or easier. I read one guy went back to Banglamung hospital and got the same result - smart lady at a desk who took care of everything. I went back to the sport's centre as I'd had some success there previously. But yes, you'll have to have your Thai blagging skills to the fore.

Thanks, Stadium is closed till 29th now. The wife can do the talking and don't need my blood pressure raised unnecessarily.

Again thanks for the replies. I'll post when or if I get progress.

10 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

What ID 13 digit number do foreigners use as our passport numbers are much less total digits than the 13 digit Thai ID card that the app is currently built for? Until we figure out the ID nymber the Mor Prom app remains pretty much useless. I am sure I am not the only one trying to enter multiple numbers ...

Try preceding your number with zeros to make it the correct number of digits (zero is a digit)

8 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just wondering if your statement is based on scientific fact, or that you believe in your own mind that as a virus acted that way 103 years ago the same will happen with Covid.

Yes it is a scientific fact i did virology as part of my nursing qualification, and no I will not quote any online research or websites because it is so embedded as fact in the scientific community that there is very little recent research. They don't set out to prove what has already been proven many years ago. The current analysis of the omnicron variant adds to the body of evidence proving the point.

8 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just wondering if your statement is based on scientific fact, or that you believe in your own mind that as a virus acted that way 103 years ago the same will happen with Covid.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-we-can-learn-from-the-1918-flu-pandemic-as-the-omicron-variant-spreads

Historically, most pandemics last between 2 and a half to 3 and a half years.

Over time, pandemic viruses typically mutate and evolve into an endemic disease that circulates at lower, more manageable levels.

This was the case with the influenza strain behind the 1918 flu pandemic and some virologists hope this may be happening with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.

1 hour ago, daejung said:

To my knowledge, if you are vaccinated, no quarantine is required to enter France from a country on amber list, such as Thailand,

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

Yes, this is true, BUT, it wont stay on an amber list forever, it should go red when omicron gets a hold the same it is is france. I've been saying this for days, Thailand is getting  out of sync with the rest of the world. They will get a boom, better a boom now when the rest has a boom, than 3 months down the line when everybody else is open and thialand on everybody's red list again

2 hours ago, gargamon said:

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-we-can-learn-from-the-1918-flu-pandemic-as-the-omicron-variant-spreads

Historically, most pandemics last between 2 and a half to 3 and a half years.

Over time, pandemic viruses typically mutate and evolve into an endemic disease that circulates at lower, more manageable levels.

This was the case with the influenza strain behind the 1918 flu pandemic and some virologists hope this may be happening with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.

The key word in your post is hope. There is no scientific reason to know that this, possibly man-made, virus will follow the same path. We all hope. None of us know.

15 hours ago, arithai12 said:

The equivalence Thai vaxx to Green Pass is nice, but nothing changes since it was already recognized in practice.

As for quarantine, maybe you are referring to UK rules, I don't know. The article headline says Europe, but it refers in fact to the EU of which UK is not part.

The rules for EU haven't changed, last update Dec 16. They state that on arrival from Thailand (Thais or EU citizens treated the same) we need to do 10 days self-isolation. This is normally at a private residence - Thai genuine tourists would need a hotel but I doubt there would be any such.

As for actual practice, in my case I was free to get out as much as I wanted because there were no checks. So not too bad.

Incidentally, it is a shame that Thailand is still on list E, where it was when we had 10x more infections and deaths than now.

Perhaps they don't trust the numbers ?

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The key word in your post is hope. There is no scientific reason to know that this, possibly man-made, virus will follow the same path. We all hope. None of us know.

Science looks at past events and uses the data to try and predict future outcomes. Of course, nothing is 100% certain, only probabilities of outcomes are obtainable. The science says viral pandemics tend to last a few years and then diminish and potentially become endemic.

On the other hand, you can go to one on the non-accredited talk show hosts on Fox News, etc., or some self appointed expert on Facebook and believe the information they disseminate as fact.  I'll trust the science over these every time. 

15 hours ago, gejohesch said:

...excellent presentation sir...if only.