COVID-19: Thailand reports 2,437 new coronavirus cases, 18 deaths, 3,845 recoveries

webfact

22 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand has now detected 514 cases of Omicron and it has started to spread around the country. Out of 698 samples taken between 24-26 December, 44.3% were Omicron and 55.4% were Delta. #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1475348466553344008

Thus far #Thailand has had 504 Covid cases with the #Omicron variant, cases doubling every second day. With local transmission found in at least 10 provinces, the trajectory is likely to get steeper. Get vaccinated. Get boosted. Stay safe, everyone.

https://twitter.com/Thai_Talk/status/1475350127342948354

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I don't understand how everyday there are lots more recoveries,

than infections reported, this has been going on for many weeks now.

can any one explain why this is so.

regards worgeordie

Obviously massaging the figures thinking everyone is too thick to work out that both of them can’t be true? They have such a high opinion of their own people that never ceases to amaze me? ????

9 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

If he arrived on December 11 with a negative 72 hour pre test and then got a day of arrival negative test, wouldn't you think he got it here (with the caveat of not knowing where he has been and what he has done)

It's 1 to 14 days after infected when show in test result.

• Like 1

Grim worst case for Thailand next year if people lower their guard against COVID-19

The Thai Ministry of Public Health has unveiled bleak pictures of three worst case scenarios in Thailand next year, if the COVID-19 Omicron variant spreads out of control while the population reduces their discipline over protecting themselves against the virus.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/grim-worst-case-for-thailand-next-year-if-people-lower-their-guard-against-covid-19/

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would suggest that those numbers being hospitalised and fewer deaths reported are those who have weaker immune systems, e.g. are above a certain age, with comorbidities, or without, but are obese, have a poor diet, drink more than the average alcohol limit and lack of vitamin D, etc etc.

If I am correct then that means those that are middle of the road ages and younger with better immune systems, eat healthier, drink less, and have adequate vitamin D levels are not being hospitalised or dying.

Place your bets now.

I take that bet.

If you are giving odds 2 , i can retire now and enjoy the rest of my life on a beach in Thailand ????

Even milder vira than covid put totally healthy Young people in hospitals....

As for the thread and the daily numbers, then it's nice to see daily deaths are below 20 a day.

Still not as low as we could wish, but it's going in the right direction.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I believe that the cases are low enough to stop reporting now and perhaps go back to reporting deaths per day on the roads, and less fearmongering perhaps.

I agree, reporting the cases every day is just adding to the false narrative. Get on with our lives. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I agree, reporting the cases every day is just adding to the false narrative. Get on with our lives. 

There is no false narrative, reality is what it is. Until they determine the pandemic is done and the issue becomes endemic then you'll just have to live with the daily information.

• Like 2

2021: The year mass vaccination injected mass confusion in Thailand 

With over 100 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Thailand, 2021 has been a year of mass vaccination but also frustration and confusion.

As the year began, the country was abuzz with talk of vaccines. Countries like the United Kingdom had already begun their vaccine rollout, and Thais hit by the second wave of infections were desperate to get their shots.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/2021-the-year-mass-vaccination-injected-mass-confusion-in-thailand/

2 hours ago, Zack61 said:

How many tests?

It would actually be interesting to see the numbers in Thailand if they did 14 million PCR tests in a week. Yeah 14 million ...

That's is roughly what they would have to test, if they wanted to test the same % of the population as Denmark does at the moment.

In a 5.8 million population we used 108 million PCR/quick tests during the pandemic.

I don't think any other countries in the world used so many test pr citizen, but have to look that up.

That said, i actually think Thailand would still have fewer positive cases pr million if both countries tested the same % of the population every day.

Just not a huge gap like this chart shows.

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&time=2021-12-06..latest&facet=none&pickerSort=asc&pickerMetric=location&hideControls=true&Metric=Confirmed+cases&Interval=New+per+day&Relative+to+Population=true&Align+outbreaks=false&country=DNK~THA

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

Thailand can't stop Omicron - it's going to come in through Myanmar (which in turn will get it from India). 

They have to essentially make sure there health capacity is geared up, those unvaccinated are vaccinated. 

Any measures they put in place simply delay the full spread. 

Its already in, and expect it's more widespread than the authorities know due to abysmal testing and a stick rather than carrot approach to reporting an infection. Anecdotal but I know of three friends in Thailand who are infected and expect their friends to come down with it too in the next few days.

• Like 1